spotting/bleeding after taking emergency contraceptive
Had an emergency contraceptive pill 5 days ago. Had an unusual bleeding today. Is this normal ? It is very little and brownish red in color. Also I am having abdominal cramps.
Why does this happen ? Anything to worry about ?
The flow has increased. Is this a period ? I really want to know what it is. If it is spotting after taking an emergency contraceptive, why does it happen ? I'm really curious to know. How many days does it last ?
Hi and welcome.  Well, the emergency contraceptive pill is heavy in hormones.  That is how it ends a pregnancy.  so, this will obviously have some effects as a woman tries to normalize again after this in terms of your hormones and hormones control our periods/spotting/ etc. too.  So, all of that will be off for a bit of time.  I would expect to probably have a late period next month as well.  

These morning after contraceptives are no joke and shouldn't be used often.  Because every time you do, it is like 'shocking' your hormonal system.  

You've 'shocked' your hormonal system to terminate any conception that might have happened---  bleeding/spotting is normal.  And it takes varying amounts of time for a woman to get back on track.  One to two months is average.  good luck (and don't over use these.  better to have responsible sex using contraception at the time of having it.)