sudden bleeding after ablation 2 1/2 years ago
I had a uterine ablation over 2 1/2 years ago and it was the best thing that I ever did.  I never had a period at all after that until now.  I just started bleeding all of a sudden.  It was a significant amount of blood so I washed up and right now I am waiting to see just how bad I am going to bleed before I make the choice to go the emergency room.  This is very surprising to me because I haven't had any periods at all since my procedure and all of a sudden without any warning I am bleeding.  Sorry, if I am a bit alarmed right now, but I am worried and I am starting to have some mild cramping as well which I never use to have at all with my periods in the past.  I don't know what could be going on but I need to find out.  Maybe this is all just normal and I don't know about it.  Please tell me what you think.
Thank you, relina
My Dr. just talked to me yesterday about getting the Endometrial Ablation done for being anemic as well. They are going to call me tomorrow with my appointment with the OBGYN. Just for the conseltation visit. Your post is giving me questions to ask before I go ahead and get this done. I have already had 1 blood transfusion after I had my Son, I don't need to have another one in months or years to come due to heavy bleeding again.
I hurt so bad right now and have been a year in a half I have no bleeding but very bad pain I take meds  like crazy for pain every month
Hello:  Had my ablation done two years ago because I would bleed out every 10-minutes with a super plus tampon and thick pad and it was very limiting on my life (43-years old).  For the past two years I still cramp a tiny bit each month (same time as my daughter) but nothing compared to what it was.  Did start spotting this month but even it my period comes back - the last two years have been worth it.  I have gained 8 pounds but am also working out more than before.  I would do again tomorrow.  But if your period aren't like mine were - then maybe it won't be worth it to you.
You ALL probably have endometriosis. If your doctor says otherwise, get a second opinion. Laparascopic surgery is the only way to diagnose and treat endometriosis. But it will come back. Sometimes quickly (1-2) yrs. Sometimes longer. If you do not treat this, it will get worse, become extremely painful, and compromise your fertility. http://endometriosis.org/endometriosis,
I had my procedure done in May 2008. Since the procedure I have very light bleeding for about 2 days once a month. I am also experiencing cramping every few months or so, but not every month. The cramping pain is a deep sharp pain somewhere within my uterus or ovaries, I can't pinpoint exactly where, the pain is rolling and throbbing non-stop. I hope this description makes sense. Although I am having this issue- I have to say that the novasure procedure is the best thing ever. I would rather have the cramping issue than the heavy almost non-stop bleeding anyday. Novasure really did help me to live and feel normal. I had experienced heavy bleeding and clotting my entire life- even with birth control.
I am 45 yrs old. I have had a period since I was 12 yrs old. I don't know what you would call a "normal period". I have always had a very heavy flow and cramping. After my son was born in 1990 I think the worst of the hell started. I always had severe cramping pain level at 100 like doctors will ask you "what is your pain level at 1-10"? I always had a very heavy flow and it always lasted for at least 7 days every month. I had my second child in 1998 and by the way I had both by C section. during my second C section the doctor burned at cut my tubes so I no longer could have any more children. When I found out I was pregnant in  1999 I also  found out that I had Dysplasia  and it was in the 3 stage and as my OBGYN called it Cervical Cancer, so I had what is called a "cone operation." in 1999. After I had this done all hell broke loose in me. I begged my doctor at the time to give me a Hysterectomy but he would not do it. Yes, some would say I was stupid and should have went to another doctor. I had so much pain from the child birth the 1st time, and go to see him at the office, I just was a pure and straight up chicken **** big baby and just stopped going to see my OBGYN all together. Up until last year of May 2012, my life was full of pure hell. I had severe cramping every month and bleeding that it affected every part of my life. I was to the point where I would have to wear 2 heavy Maxi pads at a time and to wear a tampon was a joke and out of the question. I was to the point of breaking down and just wearing adult diapers that are called Depends....I never did get them to wear. I would bleed heavy for just about 28 days straight. I found a OBGYN and it took everything I could to get up on his table for him to like they say"take a look inside and do a quick look" and do the pap smear. He ordered me to have a D&C asap. I did it and he said if that didn't help with the cramping and bleeding, next would be the Endometrial Ablation. I was not one week after the D&C and I was back at the hospital to have the Endometrial Ablation done. I found the cure...so I thought! I had not had any bleeding and no cramping for 18 months and then.....out of the blue I had on the pain scale 1000 of cramping for 2 days and then the blood came. I didn't go to the doctor cause if no other worst time for this to be happening to me was my son had just got home on leave from being over seas (at war) and had not seen him in 9 months. So needless to say,  I can see I am not alone and I just hope the doctor does tell me it is time for the big H and that is a Hyesterectomy and he will take all the **** out of me. I just hope and pray we all don't find out in time that this Endometrial Ablation that we all have had doesn't tell us it causes something worse like cancer or some other crazy thing for having it done. If anyone finds out any more helpful information on this subject please tell us, we all need to know and want to know.
Omg just read about this an just had the endometrial ablation done hours ago I've got some cramping but praying the periods are going to be gone annever return as far as bleeding I haven't noticed a lot
Hi, I just saw your post and was wondering what happened?  I had Novasure 3 years ago, and Im just now starting to have all the signs of my periods returning.  I was wondering what the next steps might be?
Hello, I'm 52 yrs old......I too have had endometrial ablation done about 3 yrs ago due to heavy bleeding I  I've been so happy all this time until three weeks ago when out of the blue I started with a dark brown discharge then light blood and then a full Hemorrhage type flow started and wouldn't stop. Went to obgyn they put me on heavy meds to stop bleeding until I have test done to find out why...

Would really be nice if all the above people would write in to say what happened to them? what was done to help perhaps?
I had mine done at 44, had a little one day spotting every 6mos or so, then yesterday, cramping and a full on period. I was just at my drs a month ago for an ultrasound. She saw a small fibroid, but that was it. Can you tell me what they discovered for you?
Im going to doctor tomorrow....first off let me say,doctors tell you the good stuff,never the downside. Since my ablation 2011 ,id say a few months after,killer cramps,no lie worse than contractions were I would roll up in a fetal position and scream and cry.Went to doctor fed me with pain killers and said I had some scar tissue growing,that sometimes that happens.Pain killers were useless,continued to deal with pain using heating pads and popping pills like you wouldn't believe! Cramping went away after at least 5 mo for a good three months,was thrilled.Then one day they were so severe I had to rush my self to  a local care station they were useless too,the only thing I got good out of that visit was naproxen,wich my gyn never gave me stayed on those for a while ,cramping went away!Well lucky me jan 2013 right before my cruise is ready to set sail...period!I was sad and kinda happy at the same time the bloating and weight gain during all of this to was awful! Well had it for five days wich is a world record for me,was fine with that...feb was 2 weeks,march no period and april 23 till june 8th,almost a month1/2 i had it and delt with it!Im tired of popping pills and birth control and what not,that only cause other problems.So tom I head to doctor to see what he says about my period returning and the pattern and of coarse get some naproxen! Will let you all no!
Thanks so Much!!

I had an abblasion 2 yrs ago and all was well until 2 weeks ago..... Sudden gush!! it hasn't stopped!

I've been waiting for it to stop but decided I better go see an OB-GYN Now!!
I now think the only way out is a hysterectomy at least a partial one! What an ordeal we all have had to go through!!
I'll keep you posted about the partial hysterectomy!!
Good luck to you all!
Ladies, this is POST ABLATION SYNDROME. I had Novasure September 2012, and by this April, my periods are back every 21 days, but this time with horrendous pain and cramping that I had never had before! I'm 47 and not likely to have natural menopause for a long time, so I am considering hysterectomy. The pain and cramping is like labor... and I had all three of my kids naturally, so I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but I am not willing to do this 7/20 days for the next 10 years.
I think doctors are finding now, that just because ablation can be offered as a solution to heavy and frequent periods, doesn't mean it doesn't create new issues. Primarily so many of us are now experiencing intense pain, bloating, body and back cramping worse that the periods that they were meant to eliminate.
I am just now having the same issue. I had mine done in 2011. I have started cramping and spotting. I have had nothing for years...I am worried it will be the same as you guys I have my yearly scheduled the end of the monthl
I am 55 and had my ablation 4 years ago. Started with cramping this morning, which was just a few pangs that made me go huh, and the pink staining started this afternoon. My mom did not go through the big M until she was 56 or 57; I was in peri when I had the ablation done b/c of industrial-sized polyps back then. I have had absolutely no problems until now, but I am freaking out.  Definitely going to see the gyn asap. When I had it done I remember being wheeled into the OR, wide awake and alert and hearing the intern assisting my doctor ask why are you doing it if she does not need it? This was part 2 of the polyp removal btw - one was about 16 inches and the other 8 or 9. My doctor took him by the arm and led him to another part of the room while I continued to be wheeled in. I hate returning to her, but my own doctor (who did not do surgeries but she was his partner) died! I do not want to go to a new one if there is a problem with what she insisted I do. I am prepared to go to a new one after this is resolved though.
I had my ablation 2 years ago along with the Adiana procedure.  Just recently I started spotting - went all this time with just the cramps/mood swings only but barely a discharge.  Now it is a continual uncomfortable cramping and bright red spotting with lots of interesting bits of things coming out into the toilet!  Not scheduled until Dec for my annual but after reading all this information - I am going to call tomorrow.  Any comments?
raremom3
I have been to a new gyn and he has referred me to a surgeon GYN/Oncologist. Not only are my polyps back, I now also have fibroids (which I never had in my life) and thickening of the uterine wall. I also have a septat cyst on one of my ovaries. A hysterectomy is a given. Sweet Jesus I hope the biopsies come back benign. Ovarian cancer is a death sentence. Maybe if I did not have that unwarranted ablation in 2009 I would have gotten symptoms sooner; who knows. What a nightmare. I am so crampy just snip that thing out now!!  
Has anyone else had a thickening of the wall as part of this syndrome?
I had an oblation done 10 years ago and last year started bleeding. When i had the proceedure dr told me that I may spot and I do for one day and then its gone.don't be alarmed
You shouldn't have any bleeding because they took out all the lining in ur uterus
I had my ablation in april of 2012 after dealing with bleeding and severe cramps that left me bedridden for at least 4 days a month for several years! It worked and was blessed to not have either for the longest time, but then I started bleeding in march of 2013 it lasted for 1 day then was gone so i didnt thing too much about it. then in june i started bleeding again with a little cramping! I went and seen my doctor and he checked everything out and didnt find anything wrong, but said that if it continues or gets bad to set up an appointment and discuss the possibility of a hysterectomy! Well I've been in pain for the last week which is due to something else, Today i started cramping really bad and thought it was my other medical prob! then POW!  HEAVY BLEEDING! I havent seen this much blood since before my procedure. Of cource i am concerned so i have messaged my doc and hope to hear from him soon!
I would love to know what your tests showed as I have the same exact symptoms you wrote about, and my GYN appt is not for 3 weeks. :(  I'm 53, ablation in 2012, period free for 2 yrs, then spotty brown discharge followed by 8 days straight (so far) of a light/med flow with horrible cramps initially. I did have an ultrasound 3 wks ago that showed 2 small cysts on ovary that weren't a big concern, told they normally subside on own. If you would follow up I'd be most appreciative. The longer I wait, the more worried I get. Thanks!
I am going thru the exact same thing as you are. I had the NovaSure procedure done in 2011 and last month started spotting again, unfortunately the cramping never really went away! It has however seems to be getting worst. Just like you I also have a couple of very small fibroids and according to my GYN (on last years visit) they are not the reason for the pelvic pain. I have somewhat conditioned myself to live with pelvic pain because I also have bladder issues, but this bleeding is a concern for me. I was hoping that you would follow up after your appt, and keep us posted. I, unfortunately lost my health insurance when my husband was laid off last year so, I won't be able to make my well women visit for this year. Any info you share would be greatly appreciated.
thanx
Wow im so upset right now reading all these postings. I had the Ablation done 2 years ago  and today I got a sharp cramp went running to the bathroom and couldn't believe my eyes. I wanted to cry. I have suffered with the most horrible period and only people that experience it can imagine the pain I had. just started a heavy cramping and bleeding. Now to know that I may have to do another surgery has me in tears right now. If the Dr would have told me that was a possibility I would have never done the procedure. :(
Sorry you're experiencing this.  If it's any consolation, I posted about terrible cramping a year or two ago, and I must say, it's gotten better on its own.  I do sometimes bleed, but never as much as before the procedure, and never in a regular pattern.  I'm sure it's partly peri-menopause that keeps it irregular in my case.
I wish I could say I did xyz to make it better as to offer some relief to women here, but it seems to just have happened on its own.  I hope that will happen for others, as well.
Here's my story.  I always had my period for 10 days until totally finished.  After having Irish twins everything changed.  After taking a shower, I would have to clean the shower of the blood clots left.  A pad and super plus tampon was changed every 30 minutes for my 2nd and 3rd day of my period.  I was fortunate that I worked from home, and would try not to leave the house. Dealt with this for  5 years, not sure if I wanted another child.  Then I had Novasure done Nov 2012.  My period always continued but MUCH less, but for the past 6 months its coming back heavier and heavier, cramps increasing like I was teenager again.  It hasn't even been 18 months and going thru what everyone else is, who had negative results after YEARS of having the surgery done.  Nice to see I'm not the only one, but upsetting to see this is occurring to us.  Moved 9 months ago, so now to find a doctor and looking for another resolution before I'm back to square 1 again.  Men are so lucky:(
i had my ablation 4 yrs ago and it was wonderful. no cramps no bleeding. I felt great. i have had bright red blood(maybe a couple teaspoons) twice in the last month. I have called my doctor and she wants me to go in for tests. what happened???????????????
I had the ablation and tubs tied about 4 years ago and now mines is back . It started on Friday and I been back and forth in the hospital because the pain was hard to bare. So I meet with my gyno tomorrow and I hope that it is something that can happen to prevent this again.
I had an ablation 4 years ago because of severe periods and migraine headaches. I would lie in bed for two days before I could move again. The ultrasound showed that my endometrium was 4x's the normal thickness. My holisitic practitioner felt I had to much estrogen in my system.

I changed my diet. Removed all estrogen based foods. Started eating as much organic food as possible. Did colonics for 6 months and lost 25 lbs. I felt great!

Started cheating on my diet, gained the 25 lbs back, and began eating estrogen based food, mainly edamame. I started spotting tonight! Arrgh!

Going back to the Dr. asap for ultrasound and blood work to verify my estrogen levels. In the meantime I will go back to eating organic, non estrogen based foods. This includes removing all food watered in roundup, mainly corn and edamame!
Wow, lots of post ablation suffering here. This procedure is one that seems like a miracle in the short-term yet can be a nightmare in the long-term. Just goes to show that messing with mother nature can cause so many problems. Of course, it is one thing with medications (such as birth control) that can be stopped. But with permanent (irreversible) procedures you are left with both the good and the bad. That goes for some other gyn procedures too such as hysterectomy, ovary removal, tubals.

I hear of so many women undergoing hysterectomies because of the problems caused by ablation. Debilitating pelvic pain years post-ablation seems to be more prevalent than doctors admit or know. But it makes sense since the ovaries continue to produce hormones telling the lining to build. But the scarring of the lining as well as the cervix leaves this blood with nowhere to go causing engorgement and backing up into the tubes.

Many women fail to realize that ablation is not meant to stop periods completely. (And if it does, they are probably more apt to have the above problems.) If periods do stop completely, it may only be temporary. And even if it lasts for years, that does not mean that any incident of post-ablation bleeding is something abnormal because the ovaries should still be in "reproductive" mode if she has not gone through menopause. So ablation makes it harder to know when to seek investigation of "abnormal" bleeding.
I am 47 and 7 years ago after having my daughter, who was my 4th child, the doctor cut and burned my tubes. However he "accidently" left some pieces of the placenta inside of me. After 6 mos of straight heavy bleeding and 3 trips to the emergency from being so sick he finally did a ultrasound which revealed the placenta pieces. I then was scheduled to have the ablation done and was told that since they burned the entire lining out of my uterus I would not have any more periods AT ALL! Well I did have spotting like maybe 2 days every other month.
4 days ago I started bleeding bright red blood, and it hasn't lessened up at all!!! I am bleeding more then I did when I had my periods when I was younger.
Would love to know what everyone else found out from their doctors ( I have no insurance anymore and can't afford to go in, so I just have to wait it out) Just curious if this is "normal" or not
Bleeding can start back up after years of no bleeding after an ablation. Ablation results can be "all over the map." Some women get no relief (failed ablation), some have regular periods with less bleeding, some have no periods temporarily (up to many years like you), and some stop periods permanently.
I've just read above posts. I had the novo sure in November 2013. I had lesser periods til July 2014 when they stopped. Today (feb 26) went toilet and had brown discharge. :( I just hope that it's a blip and the dreaded periods don't return
I had my ablation in October of 2013. The heavy periods are gone. I do have some slight spotting every month with cramps and pms symptoms such as fatigue and mood swings. My biggest concerns are weight gain (and I don't seem to be able to lose it) and the fact that I can't wear jeans (or any pants that don't have a stretchy waist). I wore jeans yesterday while out with my family. By the end of the day I had to unbutton them and could barely stand up because of the pain in my left side. I have looked around and I see that others have had this problem too but I haven't seen any solutions or explanations. It feels like extreme bloating and gas. My abdomen feels puffy and full all of the time. Any advice?
Ok had my ablation done in Feb. 2009. This was after three years of non stop bleeding in which time I had to have a forced miscarriage, empty egg, which my body wouldn't give up on. I went to several doctors and tried everything under the sun. Depoprovera SHOTS, birth control pills of all kinds nothing seemed to help or even lessen the bleeding or painful cramping. Ablation was the answer to my problems! I had a tubal done in 2010. Since then I would have a slight brown discharge once a month for a day. My gynecologist who did both procedures has since left the state where I live. She told me if I ever had any red bleeding I should go back to the doctor. Well guess what today it started, no cramping. Guess I call the doc tomorrow.
I am becoming angry and feel so badly for what you all have been through - post ablation. I had the NovaSure ablation in Nov. of 2013 due to prolonged periods, heavy bleeding and anemia.  All has went well since then.  But last week, April 2015, I went to the ER with violent pains in my lower right abdomen, nausea and diarrhea. I was thinking my pain was appendix related. ER doc conducted a physical exam and said she was thinking it was female organ related.  After a CT scan and ultrasound, I was sent home with pain medications, an order to see my OB/GYN. The imaging located three masses in my uterus.  
I was fortunate to see my OB/GYN the next day. She had read the radiology report and told me not to worry that it was most likely a negative side effect of the ablation.  She performed an ultrasound and explained that the "masses" were pockets of accumulated blood trapped behind the endometrium that had been "essentially sealed."  She said women's bodies still bleed after the ablation and more of these side effects are being seen.  Her greatest concern is for post-menopausal women who develop uterine cancer and there are NO signs since the sealed uterine lining prohibits blood flow.  To end the pain and have future piece of mind, she recommended a hysterectomy. (uterus and fallopian tube removal) She will leave the ovaries for normal hormone production.
I am so sorry that I had the ablation and wish more of these problems were known. Still in terrible pain, much like labor, hard swollen belly, back pain, leg pain and nausea and now some slight bleeding.
Thank you for posting that.  I have 2 Dr appts next week. I refuse to go back to the Dr. that performed the Novasure in November 2014. 5 months no problems , then bleeding. It weaned down and then I went to see him last week and gave me Provera 10mg and said that would stop it all together.  Severe cramps and heavy blood flow in less than 5 days; I stopped taking them and hoped it would stop, but no; heating pad and heavy pads!!!!   Now I switched to a new OBGYN that actually listens to his patients. Novasure should come off the market. Just a procedure to sell women that need more natural help.  DO NOT GET NovaSure without reading all these posts..wish I had.
Thank you for posting that.  I have 2 Dr appts next week. I refuse to go back to the Dr. that performed the Novasure in November 2014. 5 months no problems , then bleeding. It weaned down and then I went to see him last week and gave me Provera 10mg and said that would stop it all together.  Severe cramps and heavy blood flow in less than 5 days; I stopped taking them and hoped it would stop, but no; heating pad and heavy pads!!!!   Now I switched to a new OBGYN that actually listens to his patients. Novasure should come off the market. Just a procedure to sell women that need more natural help.  
I am sorry for all you ladies here who have suffered from post ablation syndrome. I recall one woman saying her doctor told her that ablation should NOT be done in women under age 50. Since the ovaries continue to tell the uterine lining to build but the lining is scarred, the blood gets trapped causing chronic pelvic pain usually at least several years post-ablation. Even if part of the lining does not get ablated, the procedure can cause cervical stenosis so the blood cannot escape. A periodic in-office procedure to stent the cervix to allow the blood to flow out has worked for some women. Also, bleeding can start up years post-ablation leading women to get work-ups to rule out endometrial hyperplasia or cancer. This study shows that ablation can be more of a hysterectomy trap than alternative. This risk is higher if a tubal ligation has also been done.
http://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Fulltext/2008/12000/Previous_Tubal_Ligation_Is_a_Risk_Factor_for.6.aspx  

Unfortunately, hysterectomy has its own set of adverse effects (anatomical, skeletal, sexual, hormonal), some of which do not manifest for years.  
I am horrified to read most of the comments here.  I am 49, peri-menopausal.  I began my period at age 9.  I'm childless and for a good year, about 4 years ago it seemed that I had stopped experiencing the heavy bleeding and painful cramps.  That's when I had to switch OB/GYN.  Since then I've experienced all kinds of hormonal treatments that can't seem to regulate no matter what I take or don't take.  I was talked into having a D&C pre-hysterectomy and due to the expensive cost of this procedure, now I really can't afford nor do I want any more procedures.  Hormonal treatment doesn't seem to work because I'm still bleeding but I'll settle for that rather than experience an ablation that may not work or a hysterectomy that may have awful side effects...menopause better arrive at my door soon!
The ablation is to only last a year or two and then the lining grows back and your cycles start again. You can only get it done once or twice and then will have to resort to another method.
Yes ablation is a waste of time pain and only last 6 months to a year !
So if the lining grows back is there a possibility of pregnancy ?
I had ablation done about 6 years ago. Since then, I have had some months were I never notice anything (no spotting or brown discharge) and some months I will have brown spotting when I wipe for a day or two and that is all. About an hour ago, I had a discharge of blood that shocked me. I put in a tampon and will see how this turns out. Thinking back about 4 days ago, I had pain just above my pubic bone for 2 days. It lasted about half a day both days. I chalked it up to something gastro and went on. This morning I woke up with back pain, which I didn't think anything of it because I sometimes wake up with back pain (horrible mattress) and after sleeping 10 hours, laid down and took an hour and a half nap. My back felt better....4 hours later, I had a gush of blood. Not sure if all that is related to what I'm experiencing now. I'm wondering if this is my period back? Just a fluke thing and will stop in a day? I guess I'll see what the happens in the next day or so before deciding to contact a doctor if I feel that need. I will come back to this blog in a week and give an update.
Had Ablation seven yrs ago with no period since surgery.Can I get pregnant
48 yr old had ablation 7 yrs ago. Can I get pregnant
I had the ablation done in 2007 and NO, I did NOT gain any weight at all.  I was one of the lucky ones and my uterous settled down and I never bled at all after I had healed up! I still get a cramp or 2 here and there especially when I'm SUPPOSED to be having a perioud. but in general I'm doing well and havent had any real weight gain or problems!
This is the way its supposed to be. Its not supposed to only last a year like the others are saying! You and I both had good doctors and were lucky to not have to have a second procedure.
I had ablation done in June 2015 due to painful periods with heavy flows and blood clots.  For the first week after the ablation there was just slight bleeding but nothing major.  Two weeks after the ablation I started bleeding heavily and it lasted for 2 weeks!  The next two months I continued to have periods but they were mild. By October my periods were gone.  Now, today, the period returned.  The discharge is a liquid light brown color.  My cramps & headaches have returned.  What is going on?  The doctor did not discuss these possible side effects of the ablation.  The only thing he said was your period may be lighter or completely disappear.  These procedures are huge money makers for the doctors.  If we knew the side effects, I'm sure many would not have the surgery.  If you're considering ablation, reconsider.  It's not an end to your period nor does it eliminate problems in the future.  
I just this weekend started the same thing 2 to 3 years out. Toilet is full of blood bright red, I am worried to. Lots of carping start out as brown now bright red?????
It has been 9 years for me with no period and happy as could be until now. I had/have tremendous amount of painful cramping feels like MAJOR spasms. Bleeding out of no where and it's getting heavier. I feel bad I just want to crawl into bed with a heating pad. I have been looking up everything and now I have a appointment for OBGYN but it's 2 weeks away. Idk what's happening but it is so very incredibly painful
What was your outcome? Was there fibroids after a successful ablation? I am in my 7th year after Nova sure. I am 53 yrs old and had Complete success- no bleeding or heavy cramping. Now I am cramping and the usual severe back pain afger 7 yrs. Doctor is recommending hysterectomy with tubes removed but keep my ovary. My other ovary wss removed due to large cyst. I am going to start with an ultrasound to see first what might be going on. I am not on board yet with removing my uterus because of cramping. It will happen anyway I am sure but nervous to remove uterus. I am just wondering why you were cramping heavily after a successful ablation - what did they find?
I had an ablation 18 months  the ago.  I had hot a terrible Pain in my left ovary for days then a harsh of blood what stopped.  Had an ultrasound and results said a had a cyst which burst and built up fuild in my pelvis. I'm OK but 2 weeks later I got a period.  So my ablation failed.  18 months of bless gone.