sudden bleeding after ablation 2 1/2 years ago

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I had a uterine ablation over 2 1/2 years ago and it was the best thing that I ever did.  I never had a period at all after that until now.  I just started bleeding all of a sudden.  It was a significant amount of blood so I washed up and right now I am waiting to see just how bad I am going to bleed before I make the choice to go the emergency room.  This is very surprising to me because I haven't had any periods at all since my procedure and all of a sudden without any warning I am bleeding.  Sorry, if I am a bit alarmed right now, but I am worried and I am starting to have some mild cramping as well which I never use to have at all with my periods in the past.  I don't know what could be going on but I need to find out.  Maybe this is all just normal and I don't know about it.  Please tell me what you think.
Thank you, relina
Tags: Ablation
I had never heard of that procedure but it doesnt sound good. Let me know how it goes.
I am having the same exact thing happen! My ablation was in Dec. 06 and I have had nothing since until today. What is the deal? Have you heard anything? Does anyone know what the deal is with this?
My ablation was done years ago- 5+ (probably more like 7).  I just had the same thing.  Will someone help us know why we're having bleeding after never?  No med changes.  No other changes.  Thanks!
My ablation was Oct 07, and today I woke up with my period for the first time since then.  I am hoping that this is a fluke!  Since my abation I can not wear jeans, they cause a pain on my left side.  I had an mri done after the ablation, but nothing.  Has anyone else experienced this pain?
Hi all,

I had my ablation and tubes tied 9 months ago. Ten days ago I started bleeding. Firstly it was a brown light to medium flow. Three days ago I "flooded" Bled all over the place. I am now wearing a maternity pad PLUS a super tampon that I have to change every 2.5 hours otherwise I will bleed through my clothes. I have an appt with my obgyn tomorrow. I have had the worst cramps ever as well. The doc prescribed mersyndol forte and I STILL have the pain. I am bleeding WORSE than before my procedure. I now have ultra tender breasts and want to eat every sugary piece of food in sight!! I have gained almost 4lbs in fluid retention alone.

I will post my results here tomorrow and my heart goes out to all of you undergoing this disaster.

- Dhammachick
Hi all,

Just to update, the obgyn can't explain why I am bleeding again and I have to go have an ultrasound and blood test in three days. Then I see the obgyn again in four days. He has ruled out the return of my cancer. He may be checking for endometriosis as I have a history of that.

- Dhammachick
Hello, All

Thanks for the info, my doc is trying to get me to do this procedure as well, but now after reading this I am going to reconsider, I dont want to make my issue worst with the heavy bleeding and cramping its terrible, I feel you ladies, thanks for saving me I dont need anymore issues... (:
I had my procedure done in June, the post opp was horriable, i bleed for about 2weeks but no cramping. them in august i did another 2 weeks but it was really light, now in November i am discovering i have an ordor, i have been tested for all other possibilites but nothing, has any one else had a problem with an odor?
I had my procedure done in February of 2007, It had NEVER stopped my period.  I had it done because of heavy painfully bleeding.  For the first 6 months it did lessen it up a bit..then my period went right back to where it was with the bleeding...but now......for the last 3 months I have bleed so bad that I do NOT leave my house for up to 6 days while having my period because I bleed through EVERYTHING!!!  The cramps are so bad that I am vomiting with them.  I am seeing my doctor today!  I hope he just makes this stop!!  

I feel your pain ladies...no on should have to live like this!

Netty
I had an endometrial ablation done in 2009. I have had periodic spotting over the past 2 years but nothing major. Today while driving I felt a rush down in my pelvic area which felt like I was bleeding. When I got home I found a huge blood clot and I had bled through on my clothes.  Why am I suddenly having such a heavy menstrual flow?
Do you gain weight after this procedure
I had my ablation in June 2010.  I only bleed for a couple days.  2 weeks later the levy broke!  It was like the faucet turned on and wouldn't turn off.  I ended up going to ER and having to have a blood transfusion.  To this day it cannot be explained.  So no periods or cramping or wild emotions until last month.  Now I am bleeding and I have killer cramps and my family is living in fear! What is going on?
I had Novasure in May 2007 and have enjoyed a little over 2 years of being period free, then a couple of weeks ago I all of sudden started bleeding.  It started out brown, turned slightly red after a few more days then it went away so I thought everything was fine.  Then after having intercourse I started bleeding and cramping again.  I called my OB and they think my period has returned.  Apparently if you're not menopausal age this is not uncommon.  I have a sono schedules but like others I am now considering the partial hysterectomy.  I just can't take the bleeding and definitely not this cramping.  Just when you think you have your life back, then this. I'm not sure I would have done novasure either had a I been absolutely sure I would have to see my period again.
I just had the ablation done 8 days ago. I bled for 4 days and now I'm having the normal watery like discharge. Just hoping my period does not come back.
I had my ablation in nov of 2007.  Since that time, I have had a flow so light I just wear a in case liner or tampon.  I became very sick at my stomach about 2 weeks ago and started my period.  I am bleeding more now than I have in the entire time since my procedure.  I am having massive cramps.  I had a tubal ligation in 1995 and wonder if maybe I am pregnant and miscarrying.   I never had cramps in my life il now.  I am worried.  I cough and flood.    Until now, the procedure is the best thing I have ever done.  I was bleeding very heavy before with huge clots and a pad would last about 10 minutes most of the cycle.
I have been very happy.  One of the reasons for my procedure was some large(benign, Thank God) fibroid tumors.

I am, at this point, very scared.   I hope someone can help me figure this out.
I had a tubal ligation and an endometrial ablation done March 2006. I had small periods for one year and one in 2007 and one in 2009. After that it was over. Nothing. Then I went through a stressful time within the last month. I began getting severe pain in my back and really bad cramping. My breast were very tender and all of a sudden while at work a gush of something wet.. I was bleeding heavy. So I washed up and wore a tampon for one week. Finally, some light pink. I thought it was over and last night I woke up to more bleeding, back aches, cramping etc!!! I'm very afraid. Now what? I will call the doctor Monday and keep you informed.
Before having the ablation it might be a good idea to have your hormone levels checked. I had the abation two years ago due to major hemmoraging that lasted most of the month. My doctor never bothered to find out why I was having such a heavy flow. The ablation worked well and I stopped bleeding and am no longer anemic, but unlike most of you, I also started spotting and now the flow is getting heavier. I also had a whole list of health issues in the past few years, body and joint pain, extreme fatigue, brain fog, significant weight gain in spite of working hard to exercize and eat healty. I have seen several doctors and finally found that my estrogen levels are off the charts high, which was causing all of it. Having the ablation was like putting a bandaid on the problem for awhile, but it is more improtant to find out the cause of the problems and treat the cause. Excess estrogen can cause Lupus like symptoms, weight gain, irritability, all of it- but also can cause breast cancer, or mean adrenal cancer. Noone bothered to try to find out why my hormone level was so high. I am now waiting on the test results from an endocrinologist to find out the cause. Wish I would have done this two years ago. Hope I find out the cause, hope it's not cancer, and hope I can figure out how to treat the high estrogen, which will make all of the rest of it stop once and for all. Just a suggestion for all of you here.
Like most of the women on these boards, I'm here because of intense pain and sudden returned bleeding.  I'm wondering if anyone will come back to this board to update.......what did you find out about bleeding returning all of the sudden?
I've had both a tubal ligation (2003?) & then an ablation in March 2011. After a lengthy time of bleeding post-procedure, my periods consisted of light, if any, spotting ea month.  However, the cramping has increased, so much so that I went in for a trans-vag ultrasound.  Was told I had "fluid in the intestines" and to take a laxative. The pain ea month is contraction-like in strength, begins in what feels like an ovary and spreads down my back and leg, and is now in its 3rd day. Bleeding has (suddenly) returned to pre-ablation-like amounts (heavy, tho not quite flooding yet, clots) - and it makes no sense to me.  How can your uterus shed its lining if it's been burned off???
The descriptions of fallopian tubes being "blocked", or, "pressure building up because the bleeding can no longer escape" sound intuitively correct to me, but how does one explain this to MD's who find nothing during an ultrasound?
For those of you considering an ablation, please weigh all of the risks.  I wasn't told of any risks, and I took for granted "nothing will happen to me", and was pleased with the idea of "no more flooding".  I wish I had read the anecdotal experiences first.  Sure, "Only those who have complaints post online", but there sure are a lot of complaints about this procedure now that I'm looking.
(btw, I had a 9lb+ baby au naturale - I think I know, "Dr. Gynecologist", what "bad cramping" feels like.  So, nya!  lol.)
I had a tubal and ablation in Feb 2007.   I was actually bleeding very heavy when I went in for the surgery and came out not bleeding at all.  After 3 years I started cramping very bad and my husband rushed me to hospital.  They tested me for kidney stones and that was negative.   Sent me home with darvocets.   Had many ultrasounds and nothing.   About every month I have killer pain now and bleed a little for about one day unlike most of u who bleed heavily.  I did switch drs and the one I have now told me that your uterus actually comes up in a point on both sides so when I had the procedure my dr at that time didn't burn the corners that good so the blood fills up and then it eventually had go flow out somewhere which causes alot of pain.   I talked to him about doing the ablation again and he is against it.  Told me to think about hysterectomy.   If anyone finds out things different  than what I was told please post.    Thanks
I had the ablation procedure February 2011.  My periods for the first few months were light and then went to a regular flow that only lasted a few days. PMS symptoms which were a nightmare for me ( Im another person for a few days) never went away. I my periods did eventually stop, well i spot for a few days and thats it, which is what i wanted!  I cant still tell when im suppose to start and just a few days ago i started having cramps that felt like contractions, pelvic area and back area. Its horrible, i came home from work on Friday and i had wiped and it was brown, light though, not heavy. When i say the pain is unbareable, PLEASE BELIEVE ME!! I feel a little better today, but the light brown flow is still there! I have gained weight, i watch what i eat, and work out at least 3-4 days a week! If i would've known this would be the outcome, I would have decided against the unterine ablation procedure (novasure). It started out ok, now im in the worst pain ever!
Me, too, about a year after having one done. I will say, though, the horrid pain is sporadic......had it a few months in a row, and then have had a break the last month or so.  I don't see any rhyme or reason to it - no pattern I can detect.  I dread it coming back, for it is unbearable pain.

Although it's nice to no longer be flooding, I'd take the flooding over the pain any day.  :-(

There are so many complaints online, how is it these procedures continue?

I hope you all feel better.
Just like the rest of you... its been 2 1/2 years since my ablation and 5 1/2 since I had my tubes tied.... severe cramping a little blood for now. Im wondering if somehow we are finding out that we actually might be healing ourselves?? This is my question... could my body actually be healing its uterine wall?
I found a website I found to be very helpful... it explains why you are having the bleeding but you have to read the whole page to understand and piece it together http://www.tubal-reversal.net/blog/2009/tubal-ligation-reversal/pregnancy-after-endometrial-ablation-and-tubal-reversal.html/comment-page-9#comment-13754
I believe you.  Go to your doctor immediately - this will not get better.  It is a complication from your ablation.  
Please schedule a hysterectomy.  I have had he same symptoms (I had am ablation in April 2011).

The pain you are experiencing is a result of menses backing up into a tube, or your uterus being inflamed and full.  Your uterus is still wanting to "shed", but it can because most of the endometrium is gone - what is left cannot be evacuated because of cervical scarring.

Do not wait.  This pain is cyclic and will return.  And it will continue to get worse.
You are not "healing" yourself.  This pain will continue to get worse.  Schedule an appointment to see your Gyno now.
The only thing that will be "seen" on an ultrasound is endometrial thickening.

Please research "post endometrial ablation syndrome" and "post tubal sterilization syndrome".

And schedule a visit with your Gyne ASAP.  There is no reason to be tested over and over again.  
YES!!!! It's a shame that almost 2yrs after this "miracle" procedure I am finally doing my research...Weight gain, painful abd cramps,heavy almost non-stop bleeding is now my norm...I regret this procedure immensely.
Had Nova Sure in January 2011 for severe heavy and prolonged bleeding that landed me in ER with transfusions.  Lengthy spotting afterwards (2 -3 months), painful cramps, then a couple of periods - which suddenly stopped 6 months ago.  (6 months of painfree, period free heaven!  I thought I was done with all of this stuff forever. Though like many of you, I also was gaining weight even though I was watching what I eat and exercise daily.)  Two days ago was a rude awakening.  I started bleeding - a couple of flooding sessions - but worse, I have had pain equal to or even worse than the latter part of labor (I had natural deliveries).  Constantly now for nearly 48 hours.  The pain is so intense I feel like crying.  Bleeding has mysteriously stopped.  My abdomen is so bloated I look like I'm pregnant suddenly.  I feel like fluids, blood, whatever is trapped.  Before I read this forum I felt hopelessly desparate and scared.  So I thank you all for posting - it really helps those like me know we are not alone.  At least I now know that this is not just me.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning - not sure what good that will do other than maybe rule out some other things and maybe get some pain relief.  Any suggestions for pain relief from you would also be welcome.  
Laurie, so sorry you're having such difficulty- but no, you sure are not alone.  I had Novasure done a year ago, and I can't tell you the amount of pain it has caused.  Like you said - it's almost like (all natural) late labor pains.  Also, the extreme bloating.  I have the pain some months; others, not so much.  My bleeding has slowed to about spotting, which I guess is good, except that it feels like, as you said, fluid is blocked.  

I hope you get some relief, and I hope you'll come back and tell us how your appt went.  Best of luck.
I had a tubal in 2001 and a novasure ablation in 2009 - no bleeding in almost 3 years...until yesterday.  Thank God others have the same issues.  I thought something was wrong with me.  But why the long delay?  Seems like lots of people are period free for about 2 years and then it comes back.  Why is that?
I don't have flooding, but I am having 2-3 day periods every 2 weeks with severe cramping and a sensation of tearing in my left side.  My Dr. says this is common after ablation because the ablation doesn't stop the bleeding, it just stops it from coming out.  So, after a couple of years, there is so much blood built up inside that it will result in pain, bloating, cramping because your body is trying to get rid of it, and eventually the bleeding.  The only way to fix it is to have a hysterectomy.
Well, I had the ablation over 3 years ago and started bleedin very heavy today. I went to doctor in Jan and he told me that I still should be having periods but since I wasn't did an ultrasound and said that my lining hadn't thickened since the procedure and that I was peri menopausal. Well, I don't know what to do now. Any suggestions?
Had ablation Dec. 2010 now starting period again, cramping, weight gain, and very tender breast. Does this mean we will be able to get pregnant again?
I had this procedure a year ago and for the last couple of months the bleeding has been back with a vengeance. I thought maybe my doctor didn't do the procedure correctly but after reading the various posts I know the procedure is flawed. I'm over 50 years old and now wishing I had never had it done. What do I do about my longer and heavy periods now?
I had the Nova sure ablation done in early 2002 I did not have a period until Oct 2011 and at that time they were very lite and short.  then in April of 2012 they came back with a vengeance.  I bled for about five or six days normal then about three days where I thought I was going to bleed to death with cramps and all then it ended, and about a week later the brown discharge started for about a week then its over for a little.  This has happened for two months .  Not sure why have an appointment with my ob
I gained weight a few months after my ablation.
I was always a slender woman. I weighed about 100 for years and after the ablation I now weight 120.
I had my ablation in May 2010 and suddenly I started bleeding this morning.
My ablation was in 2009 not 2010.
This is crazy, almost exactly 3 years period free and now I am having horrible cramps. I am going to my OB ASAP.
My Dr. just talked to me yesterday about getting the Endometrial Ablation done for being anemic as well. They are going to call me tomorrow with my appointment with the OBGYN. Just for the conseltation visit. Your post is giving me questions to ask before I go ahead and get this done. I have already had 1 blood transfusion after I had my Son, I don't need to have another one in months or years to come due to heavy bleeding again.
I hurt so bad right now and have been a year in a half I have no bleeding but very bad pain I take meds  like crazy for pain every month
Hello:  Had my ablation done two years ago because I would bleed out every 10-minutes with a super plus tampon and thick pad and it was very limiting on my life (43-years old).  For the past two years I still cramp a tiny bit each month (same time as my daughter) but nothing compared to what it was.  Did start spotting this month but even it my period comes back - the last two years have been worth it.  I have gained 8 pounds but am also working out more than before.  I would do again tomorrow.  But if your period aren't like mine were - then maybe it won't be worth it to you.
You ALL probably have endometriosis. If your doctor says otherwise, get a second opinion. Laparascopic surgery is the only way to diagnose and treat endometriosis. But it will come back. Sometimes quickly (1-2) yrs. Sometimes longer. If you do not treat this, it will get worse, become extremely painful, and compromise your fertility. http://endometriosis.org/endometriosis,
I had my procedure done in May 2008. Since the procedure I have very light bleeding for about 2 days once a month. I am also experiencing cramping every few months or so, but not every month. The cramping pain is a deep sharp pain somewhere within my uterus or ovaries, I can't pinpoint exactly where, the pain is rolling and throbbing non-stop. I hope this description makes sense. Although I am having this issue- I have to say that the novasure procedure is the best thing ever. I would rather have the cramping issue than the heavy almost non-stop bleeding anyday. Novasure really did help me to live and feel normal. I had experienced heavy bleeding and clotting my entire life- even with birth control.
I am 45 yrs old. I have had a period since I was 12 yrs old. I don't know what you would call a "normal period". I have always had a very heavy flow and cramping. After my son was born in 1990 I think the worst of the hell started. I always had severe cramping pain level at 100 like doctors will ask you "what is your pain level at 1-10"? I always had a very heavy flow and it always lasted for at least 7 days every month. I had my second child in 1998 and by the way I had both by C section. during my second C section the doctor burned at cut my tubes so I no longer could have any more children. When I found out I was pregnant in  1999 I also  found out that I had Dysplasia  and it was in the 3 stage and as my OBGYN called it Cervical Cancer, so I had what is called a "cone operation." in 1999. After I had this done all hell broke loose in me. I begged my doctor at the time to give me a Hysterectomy but he would not do it. Yes, some would say I was stupid and should have went to another doctor. I had so much pain from the child birth the 1st time, and go to see him at the office, I just was a pure and straight up chicken **** big baby and just stopped going to see my OBGYN all together. Up until last year of May 2012, my life was full of pure hell. I had severe cramping every month and bleeding that it affected every part of my life. I was to the point where I would have to wear 2 heavy Maxi pads at a time and to wear a tampon was a joke and out of the question. I was to the point of breaking down and just wearing adult diapers that are called Depends....I never did get them to wear. I would bleed heavy for just about 28 days straight. I found a OBGYN and it took everything I could to get up on his table for him to like they say"take a look inside and do a quick look" and do the pap smear. He ordered me to have a D&C asap. I did it and he said if that didn't help with the cramping and bleeding, next would be the Endometrial Ablation. I was not one week after the D&C and I was back at the hospital to have the Endometrial Ablation done. I found the cure...so I thought! I had not had any bleeding and no cramping for 18 months and then.....out of the blue I had on the pain scale 1000 of cramping for 2 days and then the blood came. I didn't go to the doctor cause if no other worst time for this to be happening to me was my son had just got home on leave from being over seas (at war) and had not seen him in 9 months. So needless to say,  I can see I am not alone and I just hope the doctor does tell me it is time for the big H and that is a Hyesterectomy and he will take all the **** out of me. I just hope and pray we all don't find out in time that this Endometrial Ablation that we all have had doesn't tell us it causes something worse like cancer or some other crazy thing for having it done. If anyone finds out any more helpful information on this subject please tell us, we all need to know and want to know.
Omg just read about this an just had the endometrial ablation done hours ago I've got some cramping but praying the periods are going to be gone annever return as far as bleeding I haven't noticed a lot
Hi, I just saw your post and was wondering what happened?  I had Novasure 3 years ago, and Im just now starting to have all the signs of my periods returning.  I was wondering what the next steps might be?
Hello, I'm 52 yrs old......I too have had endometrial ablation done about 3 yrs ago due to heavy bleeding I  I've been so happy all this time until three weeks ago when out of the blue I started with a dark brown discharge then light blood and then a full Hemorrhage type flow started and wouldn't stop. Went to obgyn they put me on heavy meds to stop bleeding until I have test done to find out why...

Would really be nice if all the above people would write in to say what happened to them? what was done to help perhaps?
I had mine done at 44, had a little one day spotting every 6mos or so, then yesterday, cramping and a full on period. I was just at my drs a month ago for an ultrasound. She saw a small fibroid, but that was it. Can you tell me what they discovered for you?
Im going to doctor tomorrow....first off let me say,doctors tell you the good stuff,never the downside. Since my ablation 2011 ,id say a few months after,killer cramps,no lie worse than contractions were I would roll up in a fetal position and scream and cry.Went to doctor fed me with pain killers and said I had some scar tissue growing,that sometimes that happens.Pain killers were useless,continued to deal with pain using heating pads and popping pills like you wouldn't believe! Cramping went away after at least 5 mo for a good three months,was thrilled.Then one day they were so severe I had to rush my self to  a local care station they were useless too,the only thing I got good out of that visit was naproxen,wich my gyn never gave me stayed on those for a while ,cramping went away!Well lucky me jan 2013 right before my cruise is ready to set sail...period!I was sad and kinda happy at the same time the bloating and weight gain during all of this to was awful! Well had it for five days wich is a world record for me,was fine with that...feb was 2 weeks,march no period and april 23 till june 8th,almost a month1/2 i had it and delt with it!Im tired of popping pills and birth control and what not,that only cause other problems.So tom I head to doctor to see what he says about my period returning and the pattern and of coarse get some naproxen! Will let you all no!
Thanks so Much!!

I had an abblasion 2 yrs ago and all was well until 2 weeks ago..... Sudden gush!! it hasn't stopped!

I've been waiting for it to stop but decided I better go see an OB-GYN Now!!
I now think the only way out is a hysterectomy at least a partial one! What an ordeal we all have had to go through!!
I'll keep you posted about the partial hysterectomy!!
Good luck to you all!
Ladies, this is POST ABLATION SYNDROME. I had Novasure September 2012, and by this April, my periods are back every 21 days, but this time with horrendous pain and cramping that I had never had before! I'm 47 and not likely to have natural menopause for a long time, so I am considering hysterectomy. The pain and cramping is like labor... and I had all three of my kids naturally, so I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but I am not willing to do this 7/20 days for the next 10 years.
I think doctors are finding now, that just because ablation can be offered as a solution to heavy and frequent periods, doesn't mean it doesn't create new issues. Primarily so many of us are now experiencing intense pain, bloating, body and back cramping worse that the periods that they were meant to eliminate.
I am just now having the same issue. I had mine done in 2011. I have started cramping and spotting. I have had nothing for years...I am worried it will be the same as you guys I have my yearly scheduled the end of the monthl
I am 55 and had my ablation 4 years ago. Started with cramping this morning, which was just a few pangs that made me go huh, and the pink staining started this afternoon. My mom did not go through the big M until she was 56 or 57; I was in peri when I had the ablation done b/c of industrial-sized polyps back then. I have had absolutely no problems until now, but I am freaking out.  Definitely going to see the gyn asap. When I had it done I remember being wheeled into the OR, wide awake and alert and hearing the intern assisting my doctor ask why are you doing it if she does not need it? This was part 2 of the polyp removal btw - one was about 16 inches and the other 8 or 9. My doctor took him by the arm and led him to another part of the room while I continued to be wheeled in. I hate returning to her, but my own doctor (who did not do surgeries but she was his partner) died! I do not want to go to a new one if there is a problem with what she insisted I do. I am prepared to go to a new one after this is resolved though.
I had my ablation 2 years ago along with the Adiana procedure.  Just recently I started spotting - went all this time with just the cramps/mood swings only but barely a discharge.  Now it is a continual uncomfortable cramping and bright red spotting with lots of interesting bits of things coming out into the toilet!  Not scheduled until Dec for my annual but after reading all this information - I am going to call tomorrow.  Any comments?
raremom3
I have been to a new gyn and he has referred me to a surgeon GYN/Oncologist. Not only are my polyps back, I now also have fibroids (which I never had in my life) and thickening of the uterine wall. I also have a septat cyst on one of my ovaries. A hysterectomy is a given. Sweet Jesus I hope the biopsies come back benign. Ovarian cancer is a death sentence. Maybe if I did not have that unwarranted ablation in 2009 I would have gotten symptoms sooner; who knows. What a nightmare. I am so crampy just snip that thing out now!!  
Has anyone else had a thickening of the wall as part of this syndrome?
I had an oblation (ablation) done 10 years ago and last year started bleeding. When i had the proceedure dr told me that I may spot and I do for one day and then its gone.don't be alarmed
You shouldn't have any bleeding because they took out all the lining in ur uterus
I had my ablation in april of 2012 after dealing with bleeding and severe cramps that left me bedridden for at least 4 days a month for several years! It worked and was blessed to not have either for the longest time, but then I started bleeding in march of 2013 it lasted for 1 day then was gone so i didnt thing too much about it. then in june i started bleeding again with a little cramping! I went and seen my doctor and he checked everything out and didnt find anything wrong, but said that if it continues or gets bad to set up an appointment and discuss the possibility of a hysterectomy! Well I've been in pain for the last week which is due to something else, Today i started cramping really bad and thought it was my other medical prob! then POW!  HEAVY BLEEDING! I havent seen this much blood since before my procedure. Of cource i am concerned so i have messaged my doc and hope to hear from him soon!
I would love to know what your tests showed as I have the same exact symptoms you wrote about, and my GYN appt is not for 3 weeks. :(  I'm 53, ablation in 2012, period free for 2 yrs, then spotty brown discharge followed by 8 days straight (so far) of a light/med flow with horrible cramps initially. I did have an ultrasound 3 wks ago that showed 2 small cysts on ovary that weren't a big concern, told they normally subside on own. If you would follow up I'd be most appreciative. The longer I wait, the more worried I get. Thanks!
I am going thru the exact same thing as you are. I had the NovaSure procedure done in 2011 and last month started spotting again, unfortunately the cramping never really went away! It has however seems to be getting worst. Just like you I also have a couple of very small fibroids and according to my GYN (on last years visit) they are not the reason for the pelvic pain. I have somewhat conditioned myself to live with pelvic pain because I also have bladder issues, but this bleeding is a concern for me. I was hoping that you would follow up after your appt, and keep us posted. I, unfortunately lost my health insurance when my husband was laid off last year so, I won't be able to make my well women visit for this year. Any info you share would be greatly appreciated.
thanx
Wow im so upset right now reading all these postings. I had the Ablation done 2 years ago  and today I got a sharp cramp went running to the bathroom and couldn't believe my eyes. I wanted to cry. I have suffered with the most horrible period and only people that experience it can imagine the pain I had. just started a heavy cramping and bleeding. Now to know that I may have to do another surgery has me in tears right now. If the Dr would have told me that was a possibility I would have never done the procedure. :(
Sorry you're experiencing this.  If it's any consolation, I posted about terrible cramping a year or two ago, and I must say, it's gotten better on its own.  I do sometimes bleed, but never as much as before the procedure, and never in a regular pattern.  I'm sure it's partly peri-menopause that keeps it irregular in my case.
I wish I could say I did xyz to make it better as to offer some relief to women here, but it seems to just have happened on its own.  I hope that will happen for others, as well.
Here's my story.  I always had my period for 10 days until totally finished.  After having Irish twins everything changed.  After taking a shower, I would have to clean the shower of the blood clots left.  A pad and super plus tampon was changed every 30 minutes for my 2nd and 3rd day of my period.  I was fortunate that I worked from home, and would try not to leave the house. Dealt with this for  5 years, not sure if I wanted another child.  Then I had Novasure done Nov 2012.  My period always continued but MUCH less, but for the past 6 months its coming back heavier and heavier, cramps increasing like I was teenager again.  It hasn't even been 18 months and going thru what everyone else is, who had negative results after YEARS of having the surgery done.  Nice to see I'm not the only one, but upsetting to see this is occurring to us.  Moved 9 months ago, so now to find a doctor and looking for another resolution before I'm back to square 1 again.  Men are so lucky:(
i had my ablation 4 yrs ago and it was wonderful. no cramps no bleeding. I felt great. i have had bright red blood(maybe a couple teaspoons) twice in the last month. I have called my doctor and she wants me to go in for tests. what happened???????????????
I had the ablation and tubs tied about 4 years ago and now mines is back . It started on Friday and I been back and forth in the hospital because the pain was hard to bare. So I meet with my gyno tomorrow and I hope that it is something that can happen to prevent this again.