Women's Health Community
thickening of the uterine lining
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

thickening of the uterine lining

had a vaginal ultrasound, results found a thickening of the uterine lining. Doctor wants to do a Endomietrio(mispelled) biopsy. What is he checking for? what does this all mean?
and should I be concerned?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
hi,
I just had an endometrial biopsy by D&C last sat. My dr suggested it because she wants to check what's causing my heavy monthly period. How old are you if you dont mind me asking? I read that if you are post menopausal it is not normal to have a thick endometrial stripe. By doing the biopsy, your dr will find out if there are abnormalities in your uterus.
You will get the results after a few days. I got my results last tues and Dr said there were no abnormal cells found. Will be back for a followup check up tom.
Hope this helps...
Blank
I'll be 39 next month.  I've had heavy periods, that last 7 to 10 days. I've recently started bleeding during intercourse. This was my sudden reasoning for making an appt. w/ my Dr. I'm just concerned they might find something serious.
Blank
Hi,
I hope everything will be alright with you. Dont worry too much.
Let's keep in touch.

Blank
Hi. I am in the same boat as you, I had a Ultrasound and it showed some fibroids and a polyp. My Dr. also said that my lining was thick and that when she does my D&C next week she wants to try and dialate my cervix to stick a camera in to take a look around. She said that thier could be cancerous or pre cancerous cells. OK now I am really scared. I am 39. I have read alot though and a thick lining seems to be quite common.
Blank
If you do not want to have children then I suggest instead of a D&C to have ThermaChoice surgery. You won't have your period anymore and will not have to be on BC. The surgery burns out the lining of your uterus. It is the BEST!!
Blank
If you have precancerous cells they will not give the eblesion (spelt that wrong) I am going through this i had a d n c hysto and after a month got my results of precancerous cell I am not having any more children so they are going to give me a hystorectomy..
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...