tubal ligation.... could I be pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

tubal ligation.... could I be pregnant?

I had a tubal ligation 3 1/2 years ago and I am 2 weeks late for my period. I have taken 2 test and the first one read an error and the second one read positive there were 2 lines but the second one was faint but it was there... what do I do next? How common is this? I was told today that in the first 5 years it is very possible to become pregnant is this true?
Hi Melissa,
I had a tubal ligation a few years ago and the doc who did it was very insistant about the fact that those tubes can, although I don't think it's very common, regenerate or however you want to put it and presto! Here comes a baby! My doctor strongly suggested that my husband or I should continue to use another form of a BC, for a long time after the tubal. Did your doc tell you that?
I think you might want to go see your OB/GYN. Are you by any chance under a high amount of stress? You probably already know, but stress can throw your period off. So can high amounts of exercise or not eating much for a long time. You know, anorexia.
Good luck Melissa.
I would take another PT with your first mornin urine, and if it tests positive, you are most likely expecting.  There is also a blood test that your doctor can do to confirm, but I don't think that the PTs give many false positives.  Good luck...
hi,
i would say it is very possible that you could be pregnant and i say that because i know someone who had her tubes tied and burnt and still got pregnant. here goes, after she had her 2 child she had her tubes tied and got pregnant, they came untied. after her third she had them burnt and cut and they grew back together and she got pregnant with her fourth child, so it is very possible nothing is 100% positive. i would def. see a doctor. hope this sheds some light on the subject.
I'm 32 years old. I'm 15 days late. I'm scared that I meant also be pregnant I had a tubal ligation 11 years ago (only claps not burnt and tied). I have a 15 year old son and a 11 year old daughter.  My question is how far in the pregnancy that the breasts become tender????  It's been so long for me to remember.  I will wait until the end of this month then take a HPT.  

Thx
I completely understand where you are coming from.  I am 41 and had my tubes tied (clips only) about 17 years ago.  I am now 11 days past due on my period.  I have only been late more than a day or two on 2 other occasions in my life.  Both times I was pregant but had miscarriages.  I have never had a successful pregnancy, so I am at a complete loss of what to do next or not to do.  Oh, when I was tested after my tubes were tied one side was not closed.  I never went back to have it rechecked.  I've always wondered about it.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I had a tubal clipping done 10 years ago, recently I discovered  that one clip is missing.  My doctor says there is a one in a million chance of getting pregnant (which would be OK).  But, I wondered if anyone has real life experience on this problem.  My body feels very different and I have what seems to be the 'egg' passing through the tube again after all these years.
my tubes have grown over the silicone rings I had put on 11 yrs ago. The doc says endometreosis is the cause and pregnancy is very likely.
My tubeshave been tied,burnt,and clip almost 4 yrs.It will be 4 yrs this sept.I miss my period last month.I wanna know is it possible for me to have another baby. My baby is to spoiled for me to have another
I've been pregnant 7 time in my tubes i had a tubal back in 1990 afther i had my daugther she is 18yrs old know  but sum i now about and sum i did'nt so now i'm late don't know if i'm pregnant
i am 46 years old and had my tubal ligation 8 years ago. My menstrual period is delayed for 12 days and am afraid i might be pregnant. The usual normal delay of my regular period is 2-4 days but now it's almost half month. Am scared and i need an explanation.I have 5 kids to feed and am too old to have another baby. Please help me on what to do next...
Is it possible for the Hulka Clips to loosen after 4 or 5 yrs, or longer for that matter? My dr. told me that I should always take precations, i.e., have my boyfriend use a condom. I had the clips put on in 2005 or 2006.
Thanks for any advice.
I GOT MY 'TUBES TIED" IN DEC OF 2001. HAD THE NOVASURE DONE IN 2004. IM EXPERIENCING SIGNS OF PREGNANCY. FREQUENT URINATION, CRAVINGS. EVEN SOME ABDOMINAL CRAMPING. I SPOTTED FOR TWO HOURS N WENT OFF. PLEASE TEL ME WHAT U THINK ANYONE?
I totally understand where you are coming from. I am 41 and had the Hulka Clips put on about 12 years ago after the birth of my 3rd son. I am only a couple of days late but it is very unusual for me to be late. I am hoping and praying that I am not pregnant. For goodness sake, I am a grandmother!!! Navy_mom_of_2's post was very helpful and reassuring because I have been under a lot of stress and doing a lot of exercise lately and I am hoping this is the reason I am late. I am praying and wishing you all the best.
I had a tubal ligation (clip, tied, and burnt) 21 years ago.  I am 46 and I am a month late.  I am really worried.  Can I be pregnant?