vaginal discharge questions...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

vaginal discharge questions...

I've grown up pretty sheltered... so this is an interesting question... my discharge was normal until a few years ago when I started with a mucousy discharge (not every day).. stringy...sometimes clear, or pale yellow color, almost offwhite. I'm not good in describing.. ya'll will like this one.. kind of like the sticky glue you pull off of things in the mail that your card is stuck too, etc.. wiggly, gooey, stringy... yeah.. ANYWAYS  I've never had this before until just before my 30's. I'm wondering how normal that is, because it's not pleasant to have your partner find it there..I'd fear the worst.. LOL
Thanks..
Same thing has just started to happen to me within this past year! I'm 26 -- I wonder if it's just a change in our bodies as we age -- but if anyone has the answer to this I'd be very curious!
What you are describing sounds like cervical mucous, which all women get around the time of their ovulation.  A stretchy, egg white sort of discharge which means you're fertile time.  It's perfectly normal and yes, it does change a little as we get older, or at least mine did.  My DH always enjoyed that time because I was very lubricated and it made it more enjoyable for both.  No worries :).

Pam
Let me ask you a question -- I am on Birth Control, more specifically Seasonal (only 4 periods a year) -- and I don't believe I ovulate while on the pill? right? so in my case it may just be a change, and not EWCM?
But why would it have just started if I've been ovulation so long... and it isn't just once a month, it seems like it could be anytime..  but maybe it's just me I don't know..LOL I feel really dumb.
I have had the same situation, I have had this discharge, and have not gotten my friend in Month and a half, I don't think I could be pregnant because my tubes are cut and tied...Someone please help.....
Correct, you are not ovulating, but quite simply, hormones are hormones and they fluctuate throughout the month.  I did not notice this discharge in my 20's at all while on BC.  In my 30's it became so prominent at times that I would have to wear a mini pad to keep my underpants from becoming wet.  Now I'm in my 40's and things are changing, yet again.  Ahhh, being a woman, ain't it fun ;-).

Hope this helps.
Pam
LOL!!!  You are funny.  But hey, look on the bright side, it's better than having none at all, right!  You think the 30's are fun, wait till your 40's....GRRRRRRRRR!!!   LOL!
Sometimes it's more of a solid stringy goo then it is wet... but hey ... being a woman.. is better than being a man... but I'm not liking it in my 30's. :) Oh joy oh bliss
Thanks!   Yes -- so wonderful all the lovely things we go through, ahh well, i'm sure it could be worse!  Looking forward to getting PAST this stage! :)  Thanks again...
LOL that's funny
hi, i was wondering if someone can help me? I'm trying to get pregnant and i was wondering if my discharge i had right now ment i was ovulating. It was thick and white and stringy/ mucousy. can someone help asap please im new here and need help thanks
Hi, I've had the solid clear discharge as well. It started back when I was 22 (now 24 and still experiencing it) and I didn't notice any pattern to its coming and going. I'm glad I found this forum because I started to wonder if I should get tested for some disease. That would be odd, since I've been in a long term relationship this whole time.
I am not sure if I will be of any help but... I have been on birth control for years and stopped 2 months ago.  Since then I have noticed a stringy, mucousy discharge for a few consecutive days each month and it is the time I know I am ovulating.  I know I am ovulating bc I have used an ovulation machine that helped me concieve (conceive) my first child.  I think this discharge must correspond with ovulation- just my opinion.
Hi I'm also 22 years and my dischrge takes this odd form only once a month, even before I started the pill.  Once a month it will be clear, thick and I could even pull on it to take it out (sorry to be graphic). However I can only pull it out if it occurs while bathing, or going to pee. It doesn't hurt, it doesn't smell and it doesn't sting...nothing!
I'm just happy I'm not the only person experiencing this weird discharge.
Women have different discharge at different stages of their cycle. What you are describing sounds like the kind of discharge that occurs when you are ovulating.
It is completely normal.
hi i was wondering if any 1 could help me ive been getting that stringy discharge as well and ive been getting a sharp pain in lower stomic its a sharp pain under the skin that comes and goes when its ther it can be painfull or mild and hurts more when i strain or bend over or push on my belly i gave birth to my first chil 16 mounth ago and this pain started a year about ago i also have the pill inplant fitted in my arm has any 1 ever experienced this or does any one no what it could be.
I also had that type of discharge.  When I was trying to explain it to my obgyn I felt silly but I told him that it looked like the hot glue that you use and when it dries out you can pull it off.  It has that consistency.  He told me that my vagina was growing anarobic bacteria and he prescribed me an antibiotic, a pretty strong one that you take in a very short amount of time.  He said to kill it off quickly and completely.  The other type of discharge, the mucousy discharge that can change from clear to pale yellow to whitish I also get it, and I have found a pattern with ovulation.  But the one I described first-the hot glue type :) it stays clear just like the glue and its stringy.  I find the hot glue to be the best example I can give for it.  Hope this helps!
Hi, I've been getting the exact thing you guys have been describing for a week or 2 each month after my period. It freaked me out initially cause it's alot more 'gloopy' than I had been used to... The only thing is, I'm 24... If it only happened to you guys in your 30's... I hope it doesn't mean that I'll be fertile for a shorter period of time if it's happening to me at a younger age... Probably being paranoid... Maybe because I'm not on birth control, it's happening to me younger... Any ideas?
I'm 15 and I get that every now and then... My period finished a couple of days ago so I dont think it has something to do with that... I'm pretty unlucky when it comes to disgusting vaginal discharge things... I've already had thrush !
I am 20 years old and I have a similar problem. I literally just was changing my underwear and I felt something hit my leg and I reached down, and there was a slimy goopy piece of discharge that felt very solid. Sort of like... a jelly fish. I got very nervous. I have had similar cases before, but never this large so I got nervous that its getting worse. I dont have it happen often though. Freaked me the hell out.
this is going to sound weird.. for some reason i just got that "discharge" today, but im pregnant. im not sure if its my mucus plug but im very very curious and anxious to know.. im 37 weeks and 6 days!
It's just part of being female.. *****, huh? haha. I get it off and on throughout the month. It can get annoying, but oh well.
I'm 16 is pale yellow discharge normal ? X
I am 26, and I have been having some thick mucousy discharge. I have the IUD. I have noticed that it tends to happen around the time that I am supposed to get my period. But sometimes it happens in between that time too. Hopefully there is nothing wrong.
i am 27 and just had a baby, i have noticed this clear some times off white discharge, it happens some times once a day not just before my period. i had a sti test before i had the baby so i know im clear, is this normal?
I'm only 20 and i've been getting spotting as well as unusual gluey/globular discharge, sounds rank, but it spells like nail varnish remover too... I'm on the pill and have been for well over 2 years, I'm very good at taking it. No idea what it is, fearing the worst...... Any ideas?!
Um... I'm 14... and i have the sticky mail glue discharge, as well as an itchy yellow/white discharge. I've never kissed, so never had sex.. It itches, and I don't know if it's yeast or something, but i refuse to go to a gynecologist. Or a doctor. Of any kind. I can't eat yogurt, because it makes me sick, and I heard that's a way to get rid of yeast. I'm at school, and I get extremely embarrassed when it starts to itch. Please help me...!
im having the same problem i have implanon too i do get that painin my lower abdominal. and the dishcharge.
Same here, only I have had it for like, 7 yr, I had a pap which I was sure would solve it, but nothing, it is clear and lasts all month long except for the time I have my period, I also have noticed my periods are getting very, very heavy, I use a vaginal cup and have to change 5x a day. I can deal with that but this clear jelly like discharge has got to stop. All of my life I have been on the dry side and had to use lubricants when having sex, I want to be that way, I actually am totally happy using lubricants. FYI I am now 44, sometimes when I lift something heavy it just comes gushing out it is disgusting, how can I make it stop?