vaginal discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

vaginal discharge

Hi i've had a discharge from my vaginal area for 12 years. It started when i was 13, right when i began my menstrual cycle.  Sometimes it a creamy white, yellowish discharge and at time it has an odor and sometimes not. And other times it has a cottage cheese look to it. I'm 24 and have had a myomectomy for fibriods. I do not have health insurance and this a serious issue for me. Is this going to affect my child birth options. And are there any over the counter remedies for this
It could just be natural vaginal secretions.  The vagina is a self-cleaning organ, and the secretions from its natural cleansing process come out and you see them in your underwear.  That's why the minipad industry is thriving.  If it looks cottage-cheesy, that is some suggestion of yeast infection, but I would not self diagnose or self treat unless you suspect very strongly that is what it is.  White and clear discharge from the vagina are both very normal.  (Look up "eggwhite cervical mucus" with google and you'll find a lot about it.)  I think I would only be concerned if something changed a lot, such as a really, really strong odor.  Mild odor can just be because of the interaction of sweat or urine and the natural secretions once they are out of the body.  Don't go poking things up there on a regular basis, you might add bacteria, but if you are worried about a smell on a particular occasion, AFTER A BATH when the area is really clean, you could put a Q-tip into your vagina and swish it around, then smell it.  If the fluids that are coming from deep inside the vagina smell strong or sour, then that is more significant than if there is a smell outside the vagina.  Look up yeast infections and BV (bacterial vaginosis) and know your symptoms, and just keep an eye on the situation.  But, again, it sounds like you're just having normal secretions.
I seen the response you gave to the question above and it sounded a lot like what was going on with me. I have like a creamy like white discharge, no burning no itching no foul odor, In fact I did see how it smelled deep inside and it doesn't have a smell, but I'm worried about if it's normal or not. Anyone know if this sounds normal or not, I'm very worried!
Sounds very normal.  Cervical mucous changes throughout a cycle depending on what's happening ie it's thin, egglike and stretches around ovulation.  At other times it may be thick and opaque.

Maybe google the Billings Contraceptive method as it goes into detail as to what your cervical mucous is at what stage.