weird bumps on labia minora (terrified)
i am 18 yrs old and 2 months ago i decided to look at my labia minora. near the vaginal opening on the bottom, i have like a stand of bumps. they are the same color as the rest of the labia minora. they look similar to swollen taste buds that are kind of spread out. both sides of the labia seem to have it, but way more so on the right side. i am worried they might be warts, although they do not look like the ones i see online. does hpv go away on its own after awhile?? please help me! i have been stressing for 2 months over this and i do not want to go to a gyno...
By the way - I answered in your other post on the same subject - but if you are sexually active, and under the age of 19, you DO need to see a gyno. The risk of developing diseases of the reproductive tract increase greatly if you are sexually active at that age because your organs are not as mature and resilient and more prone to damage. You should be having a yearly exam including a pap.
latley my vaginal lips have been hurting, sore, and itching. recently i notice i have a small bubble-like bump thats the same color as the rest of my labia minora. the bumb is on my labia minora. it wasnt there early in the day when i took my first shower, but tonight after taking a shower i felt an irratating sensation as i washed, when i noticed it.. what could this be
I'm also 18 and have the same thing i have no idea what it is, its like little tiny bumps on both sides on the labia minotra that is the same color as the rest of my skin and they don't hurt the skin feels kinda of ruff when you touch it. I don't know what it is or how i got it.... maybe its skin irratation or skin tags??? I am sexually active and i have seen a gyno before and its scary at first but its worth it trust me I'm going to see one again soon but until then I really don't know what the bumps are. I researched genital warts and herpes and the descriptions and pictures are way different from what I have so I don't know what it is or if it's normal
i have those too, but im not sexually active. theyre kind of like little pimples and if you pop them a white substance comes out. i dont recomend doing that tho because its painful and im not sure if its harmful. my suggestion is to leave them alone. but if someone knows wat they are for real that would be very helpful
A week ago I felt a little burn when I wiped after peeing, later on the day a I took a look and saw a tiny bump on my labia minora, every time I wiped it burned.  Today I wiped and this thing came off , now it is not there but it hurts. What could it be??? I am scared
I went to the doctor, she said it was nothing, maybe just some irritation and it is normal...well.......I don't have anything anymore, but she said I have a little yeast infection.
I have the same blister-like bumps, and I am 65 plus and not sexually active.  I had a biopsy done and all came out okay.  My gyno thinks I am reacting to something????  I have had these for about 2 years.  Sometimes the bumps will will break and it feels slightly uncomfortable.
She told me to apply Estrace cream, but see no change.
I am having this same problem I see it's dated back to 2008 and you have probably been to the doctors. if you don't mind me asking I would like to know what it is and if I should be worried because I have been withthe same guy and he has been tested and is clean and I have never done anything with anyone else except him. it doesn't hurt I just happened to notice them last night..
I have that same thing. I am 14 and sexually active but I've only had sex with one guy and I first noticed the bumps around 4 years ago, back when I started learning about my body.  So I don't know if it's something that I was born with or something else. It doesn't hurt at all but when I touch them, they just feel rough. Does anyone know anything about this?
i am dealing wit the same problem..I went to an std clinic, got tested and evrything was fine, the doctor also look down there and she said it does not look like gential warts. I went to my doctors, got a pap exam and she look down there also and she said its normal. But i am still concern because its on both my labia minora and they are raised little bumps and are rough when i touch them..its like a trail..i think it might be gential warts but it does not look like the pictures i seen..pleaseeee help because im very worried..
i have the same problem for a few month now/ the bumps have gotten smaller i got tested and im all clear i used monistat a yest infection cream but just cream...it help the bump and the dont bother me as much and i have a little discarge i went to the docter and she tested 4 yeast she said if ther was a yeast infection its cleared up and to continue using the cream i used it a few days more and stoped...but i still have the bump there just alot smaller
I am going to see two other doctors next week...i just want to make sure everything is fine..thanks for the advice...ill keep updated...
i went to the doctors n she said everything is normal...so i am pretty relieved that everything turned out good
I have lots of pin sized, fleshy bumps on my labia. I've seen countless doctors and they all say that it's not genital warts. I was just exposed to HPV 3 years ago. My labia before that was smooth and the opening of my vagina does does not have irregular growths. Now I have all this bumps and my genitalia does not look the same. They all think I am lunatic. Anyhows, I tried aldara that I bought online. After more than one month of using it, the bumps are going away but there are just more left. I've seen a nurse practitioner at the office about a week ago and then she said the I don't have genital warts. She even advised me to stop aldara cream. i am still using the cream because it makes it go away. Anyone have the same problem?
I also have the same problem, today when I was taking a shower i noticed it. But i only have one on my Labia Minora. I am sexually active and only have been with one guy. I'm actually really scared as I am only 16. Someone PLEASE HELP!!

I read your message about the labia symptoms... there are many possibilities, which I know doesn't help you feel better, unfortunately.  In all likelyhood, it is either a pimple (you can get them here too), or a yeast infection.  When you're sexually active, it is very easy to get yeast infections, but you can get them just from your hormones being a little off, since yeast is naturally present on your labia and in your vagina, and it doesn't take much of a chemical change to allow the yeast to begin to grow more aggressively.  Some excellent ways to help stave off yeast infections:  Keep your vaginal area clean, and allow air flow.  Cotton underwear are much better at allowing your labia to breathe - nylon underwear can exacerbate the problem.  After sex, use the bathroom and try to urinate ( this also helps prevent UTIs), and clean yourself with a disposable wipe specifically for bathroom use, which are easily available from pharmacies.  Eating yogurt and other sources of beneficial bacteria such as cottage cheese also help, as the bacteria help maintain a healthy balance in your body, and makes it harder for the yeast to get away from you.  

That advice aside, go to your family doctor or gynecologist any time you have a symptom you don't recognize - you need to make sure that someone who is an expert tells you exactly what is going on - they are in the very best position to diagnose and treat whatever it is.  Your genital health is extremely important, and not taking care of things right away can lead to more major consequences down the road; some STDs which are minor and easy to treat initially can become dangerous or lead to fertility issues later on.  If you don't feel comfortable talking to your doctor, either bring a female friend, or find a new doctor!

Christie
HPV DOES NOT GO AWAY and when you go to the obgyn they are more than likely going to tell you your pap is abnormal in which case you will get a colpolscopy and biopsy which isnt fun. some hpv does cause cancer so its important you go twice a year to the ob. as far as the bumps go i am scheduling an appt because i found i have about three bumps on my labia a few days ago and do not know what they are. i am sexually active and use protection so i doubt its an std.maybe some sort of irritation but it doesnt hurt or anything.
i am only 15 and i have had them aswell! ive had them for ever since i can remember and im realllly scared as to what they are! someone please help! they are weird bumps really small but horrifying i am not sexually active atm.. but im really worried! i do not want to go to the gyno at my age!
Hi. Could the people that posted please update me on your condition? Are the bumps gone or have they expanded?