weird bumps on labia minora (terrified)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

weird bumps on labia minora (terrified)

i am 18 yrs old and 2 months ago i decided to look at my labia minora. near the vaginal opening on the bottom, i have like a stand of bumps. they are the same color as the rest of the labia minora. they look similar to swollen taste buds that are kind of spread out. both sides of the labia seem to have it, but way more so on the right side. i am worried they might be warts, although they do not look like the ones i see online. does hpv go away on its own after awhile?? please help me! i have been stressing for 2 months over this and i do not want to go to a gyno...
By the way - I answered in your other post on the same subject - but if you are sexually active, and under the age of 19, you DO need to see a gyno. The risk of developing diseases of the reproductive tract increase greatly if you are sexually active at that age because your organs are not as mature and resilient and more prone to damage. You should be having a yearly exam including a pap.
latley my vaginal lips have been hurting, sore, and itching. recently i notice i have a small bubble-like bump thats the same color as the rest of my labia minora. the bumb is on my labia minora. it wasnt there early in the day when i took my first shower, but tonight after taking a shower i felt an irratating sensation as i washed, when i noticed it.. what could this be
I'm also 18 and have the same thing i have no idea what it is, its like little tiny bumps on both sides on the labia minotra that is the same color as the rest of my skin and they don't hurt the skin feels kinda of ruff when you touch it. I don't know what it is or how i got it.... maybe its skin irratation or skin tags??? I am sexually active and i have seen a gyno before and its scary at first but its worth it trust me I'm going to see one again soon but until then I really don't know what the bumps are. I researched genital warts and herpes and the descriptions and pictures are way different from what I have so I don't know what it is or if it's normal
i have those too, but im not sexually active. theyre kind of like little pimples and if you pop them a white substance comes out. i dont recomend doing that tho because its painful and im not sure if its harmful. my suggestion is to leave them alone. but if someone knows wat they are for real that would be very helpful
A week ago I felt a little burn when I wiped after peeing, later on the day a I took a look and saw a tiny bump on my labia minora, every time I wiped it burned.  Today I wiped and this thing came off , now it is not there but it hurts. What could it be??? I am scared
I went to the doctor, she said it was nothing, maybe just some irritation and it is normal...well.......I don't have anything anymore, but she said I have a little yeast infection.
I have the same blister-like bumps, and I am 65 plus and not sexually active.  I had a biopsy done and all came out okay.  My gyno thinks I am reacting to something????  I have had these for about 2 years.  Sometimes the bumps will will break and it feels slightly uncomfortable.
She told me to apply Estrace cream, but see no change.
I am having this same problem I see it's dated back to 2008 and you have probably been to the doctors. if you don't mind me asking I would like to know what it is and if I should be worried because I have been withthe same guy and he has been tested and is clean and I have never done anything with anyone else except him. it doesn't hurt I just happened to notice them last night..
I have that same thing. I am 14 and sexually active but I've only had sex with one guy and I first noticed the bumps around 4 years ago, back when I started learning about my body.  So I don't know if it's something that I was born with or something else. It doesn't hurt at all but when I touch them, they just feel rough. Does anyone know anything about this?
i am dealing wit the same problem..I went to an std clinic, got tested and evrything was fine, the doctor also look down there and she said it does not look like gential (genital) warts. I went to my doctors, got a pap exam and she look down there also and she said its normal. But i am still concern because its on both my labia minora and they are raised little bumps and are rough when i touch them..its like a trail..i think it might be gential (genital) warts but it does not look like the pictures i seen..pleaseeee help because im very worried..
i have the same problem for a few month now/ the bumps have gotten smaller i got tested and im all clear i used monistat a yest infection cream but just cream...it help the bump and the dont bother me as much and i have a little discarge i went to the docter and she tested 4 yeast she said if ther was a yeast infection its cleared up and to continue using the cream i used it a few days more and stoped...but i still have the bump there just alot smaller
I am going to see two other doctors next week...i just want to make sure everything is fine..thanks for the advice...ill keep updated...
i went to the doctors n she said everything is normal...so i am pretty relieved that everything turned out good
I have lots of pin sized, fleshy bumps on my labia. I've seen countless doctors and they all say that it's not genital warts. I was just exposed to HPV 3 years ago. My labia before that was smooth and the opening of my vagina does does not have irregular growths. Now I have all this bumps and my genitalia does not look the same. They all think I am lunatic. Anyhows, I tried aldara that I bought online. After more than one month of using it, the bumps are going away but there are just more left. I've seen a nurse practitioner at the office about a week ago and then she said the I don't have genital warts. She even advised me to stop aldara cream. i am still using the cream because it makes it go away. Anyone have the same problem?
I also have the same problem, today when I was taking a shower i noticed it. But i only have one on my Labia Minora. I am sexually active and only have been with one guy. I'm actually really scared as I am only 16. Someone PLEASE HELP!!

I read your message about the labia symptoms... there are many possibilities, which I know doesn't help you feel better, unfortunately.  In all likelyhood, it is either a pimple (you can get them here too), or a yeast infection.  When you're sexually active, it is very easy to get yeast infections, but you can get them just from your hormones being a little off, since yeast is naturally present on your labia and in your vagina, and it doesn't take much of a chemical change to allow the yeast to begin to grow more aggressively.  Some excellent ways to help stave off yeast infections:  Keep your vaginal area clean, and allow air flow.  Cotton underwear are much better at allowing your labia to breathe - nylon underwear can exacerbate the problem.  After sex, use the bathroom and try to urinate ( this also helps prevent UTIs), and clean yourself with a disposable wipe specifically for bathroom use, which are easily available from pharmacies.  Eating yogurt and other sources of beneficial bacteria such as cottage cheese also help, as the bacteria help maintain a healthy balance in your body, and makes it harder for the yeast to get away from you.  

That advice aside, go to your family doctor or gynecologist any time you have a symptom you don't recognize - you need to make sure that someone who is an expert tells you exactly what is going on - they are in the very best position to diagnose and treat whatever it is.  Your genital health is extremely important, and not taking care of things right away can lead to more major consequences down the road; some STDs which are minor and easy to treat initially can become dangerous or lead to fertility issues later on.  If you don't feel comfortable talking to your doctor, either bring a female friend, or find a new doctor!

Christie
HPV DOES NOT GO AWAY and when you go to the obgyn they are more than likely going to tell you your pap is abnormal in which case you will get a colpolscopy and biopsy which isnt fun. some hpv does cause cancer so its important you go twice a year to the ob. as far as the bumps go i am scheduling an appt because i found i have about three bumps on my labia a few days ago and do not know what they are. i am sexually active and use protection so i doubt its an std.maybe some sort of irritation but it doesnt hurt or anything.
i am only 15 and i have had them aswell! ive had them for ever since i can remember and im realllly scared as to what they are! someone please help! they are weird bumps really small but horrifying i am not sexually active atm.. but im really worried! i do not want to go to the gyno at my age!
Hi. Could the people that posted please update me on your condition? Are the bumps gone or have they expanded?
HELLO I HAVE BEEN EXPEIRENCING THIS PROBLEM TOO,
I'm not sure what I have, its itchy as HELL, there are a few bumps on my labia,
it really stings when I pee, and it feels swollen too.. :( I don't know what 2do,
Im in so much pain I can't even sleep!! Its affecting me alot especially since I have work too..
its so un-comfortable :'( I feel like crying.
I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THIS IS!!!!!!
Irritation and swelling definitely suggests a yeast infection but you can never be too sure so see a doctor ASAP.  A quick remedy is Monistat and Cystex over the counter.  
To the teens I would strongly recommend seeing a professional.  If you don't have a gyno there are always clinics.  Search your county's website.  There are also STD clinics that provide testing and exams for no cost in all states.  There is also planned parenthood.  I am going to sound like an old mom here but please use condoms.  Some of these infections can turn out to be serious and cause sterility.  You don't want a bad choice to lead to not having kids some day.  Speak to women you trust and look for guidance.  The internet is a great starting point but you need to see doctors if you decide to become sexually active.  Don't risk your health!!
ok so im glad other people can understand wut im goin through! a few days ago i noticed sum stinging when i peed,,and when i checked i seen little bubble like bumps on my inner labia. they are really uncomfortable and extremely sensitive to touch. after reading sum of your stories im thinking they could be pimples.. i did go to the doctor and he sed it was nothing to worry about ..jus sum irritation.. he did give me sum antibiotics to take to get rid of any infection that may be there so hopefully that will do the trick...we shall see
and others. i havent had sex in over a month. but last week, ive had this itch down there. it only swells after my scratching though. i have these bubble like bumps on my labia minora. at first, it was just on side of my labia itching, but not its both. and im worried. im only 19 and im scared it could be genital herpes. the bumps are at the lower part of my labia minora. i told my mom about it last night but she just told me to take a bath. i told her i think we should schedule a doctor appointment, but she just told me to soak in water. i think she doesnt want to deal with it. but im scared. 2years ago, my ex may have cheated on me. it was rumored to be with a girl who actually has herpes. he gave me an std before but it was treatable. but im worried i may still have that to. because my hips hurt from time to time. i just feel like a mess. im hoping its just irritation to soap. but im considering the worse. something i cant get rid of. the bubble like bumps hurts to touch and they itch. i always have bumps on my mons pubis. that itches also. i figured these were just ingrown hair but i dont remember ingrown hair itching like this. i really want to see a doctor. i only been to the obgyn once, thats when i found out about the std. that was when i was 16. and i havent been checked since. im very worried but dealing. im hoping for the next view days i can convince my mum to take me to the doctor. i dont want to go alone. that process was scary for me the first time.  
I had the same thing, it just went away right now, I've been fighting a horrible yeast infection and this taste bud looking thing just showed up on the inside of my labia minora, one Doc said that it's herpes, he took a swab and it came back negative. Then I went to another dr and she said that it is just irritated skin and it's normal, that's when I found out that my yeast infection gave me cervisitus, I'm still fighting this yeast infection, but now the bump is gone. I'm still worried about the possibility of herpes, because I guess swabs have a high rate of false positive. But I itch all over, and burning.
*I meant false negative
Hey you guys. Well I had the exact same issue. I had swollen labia and it was terrible itchy!! I had a super thick and runny discharge (not to be nasty or anything) but it had a fowl odor to it. It wasn't like a OMG WTH IS THAT SMELLING LIKE THAT type odor but there definitely that didn't sit right with me. It usual came two-three weeks before my period. then is suddenly got worse and i went to the bathroom and it hurt like all hell!! I looked at my Vagina and seen little blisters and within a few days it was so many of them!! I went to the STD clinic and found out that I had got genital herpes :(. I cried my eyes out for days. The sad thing about this is that it is very easy for genital herpes to be mistaken for a BV or a Yeast Infection. Sometimes there are cases where no such actual break out occurs and it can be hard to detect because the way you are tested for herpes is the swab of the infectious discharge that are inside the blisters that do occur during a break out. So I pray that maybe its not Genital herpes for you guys cause I don't wish this upon anyone but I am simply say be aware of the possibility in which it could possible be HVS-2. Also I didn't have the initial out break til about 6-10 months later. I hope everything goes well for you lady's.
Ever since I started prubity, I have noticed around the time of my cycle, I get this bumps on both side of my libia.  I have tried popping them but they just hurt.  They go away the day of my AF.  I have had frequent pap tests and everything came back fine.  I have also, went to an STD clinic and everything was clean.  Does anyone have the same problem?
I am 24 yrs old and pregnant (17 wks) with my first child. There are many things that are new to me. I have noticed some small (soft, not rough or hard) bumps on the outside of my vagina and was a little worried. They seem to flatten out at different times, which is strange, because they re-appear. My husband and I have never been intimate with anyone else, so I'm not worried about disease. I'm thinking it might be some sort of fungus or yeast reaction? I am very prone to UTI's, but haven't had any since I've been pregnant (due to all the yogurt, cottage cheese, and vitamins I've been taking).
I'm a little embarrassed to address the issue with my midwife... and my husband doesn't seem worried... maybe it will go away after pregnancy?
so I am 15 and I had sex with one person with a condom(it did not brake) and the next day i got these very very very tiny bumps on the part of my labia minora. first it started on the right side then to the left. the bumps look like your taste buds after your you drank some really hot coffee and you burnt your tongue. they do not hurt, they do not itch, burn, nor smell. at first i thought i had an yeast infection because of my discharge but my discharge is back to normal. so what or these bumps plus i cant see a doctor :(. i need help can anyone tell me what this could be.

P.S. i DO NOT have any pain urinating or any flue like symptoms
did you find out what it was because i have the same thing
i also have notice little bumps on my area but i am pretty sure they were not there before and im 17 years old and i have had more than one sexual partner but all with condoms and im not experiencing  and burning while peeing or brutal burning i will touch them and they will not hurt and they wre not like the herpes ive seen on the internet ...though i am very worried still cause i dont want any complication during this time in my life...though reading all of these i am quite sure i do have an yeast infection cause i will notice white discharge but again no pain  while urinating. but i have reserched it and other common symptoms for irritaion on the vagina is diabetes and i am going to go the clinic to see what it could be...
Hi I'm 15 and I've been sexually active with two people, but they were 4 months apart and I haven't been active with anyone else since October. I've noticed that my labia is very rough and bumpy on both sides and I have one bump on the left side. I'm very scared and have no idea what it is or why my labia is so gross and bumpy and rough. Please please please help me I am so.scared and I have no idea what is wrong with me.
First of all, go to your GYN. If you don't have one, get one. You can deal with whatever it is; natural skin irritation, warts or some other type of infection.

That said, some of us have the type of labia minora skin type that is oerly sensitive. It will develop bumps in response to stress, soap type, sex, etc. If you have that type of labia minora, and you've been to your doctor, just accept it and live with it. It's not an infection and there's nothing wrong with you. Enjoy your life!
Sorry, typo - "oerly" should be "overly".
I was concerned about this as well as I just found out I have hpv. But I kept searching on what the bumps could be because they're not warts. I found a condition called Fordyce's Spots. Google it, it might be exactly what you have. Don't panic (:
uhm not be be rude it does go away HPV depending on the strand you have will kill itself within a year if not then its a different kind of HPV there is more then one strand of it. -_-'
if not then it has to be treated with medication.
HPV is really common now days and there is no test for men .
So we women get the short end of the deal .
but get cheaked out.
and as the weird bumps it could be friction from rubbing kinda like chub rub .
you know how if your thighs rub together and the skin gets itchy and red and kinda looks like pimples ?
well its like the same thing .
but get cheaked i resently got a pap. and all cheaked out and im 100% fine.
so i have no idea. -_-' the skin down there is super sensitive and can be irrtated with tight underwear or to hot or wrong soap or just washing with a rag to hard.
it needs to breath so dont sleep with underwear it will also lessin the chance of a yeast infection if you sleep without underwear. hope this helps..
what did the doctor say?