what do guys think about this?(labia minora)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I have a really embarrassing problem (or at least it is to me). My problem is that one side of my labia minora is considerably and very noticeably longer than the other. I have had no sexual contact with guys (which in turn as ruined almost all of my relationships to the point now that I have stopped dating all together) fearing what they will think. Now, I know for a fact that this is normal and is not a health issue but that hasn't helped me to be confident with myself "down there." So my question is, could a guy ever find that attractive? Or should I still be feeling this way?

I would love to get responds from men and women, like from women who have the same type of labia minora and who have had experiences with guys. Please help me with this! Thank you.

having uneven labia is normal! it's very common. stop worrying about it and have fun! if a man finds your genitalia "unattractive" then there's something wrong w/him
This question comes up every month or so in this forum, and so I asked my husband if there ever would come a time when a guy would find a woman's labia "too big" or in any way not attractive.  He laughed and laughed and said "Never in a million years."  We women get so obsessive about our appearance that we stress over things that men don't give a hoot about.  Apparently all labia are created equal to men, and if a guy is in the happy position of being face to face with labia, he is NOT complaining about anything.  :)
annie is right. anytime a guy can get a looksie at a vagina whether it be in a movie, in a fantasy or a real one in his face, he is in his glory. we all come in different shapes, sizes, textures and colors down there. its like our boobs and shoe size. one is usually larger than the other!

as a matter of fact, if he even noticed what you are insecure about, he would probably be even more turned on because its different/unusual. chances are, you are the only one who is noticing.
One of my labia minora is a bit longer than the other and no guys have ever said anything to me about it.  I used to be pretty self-conscious about it and would always want to do everything with the lights off...lol.  But with my current bf who I've been with 3 years,  I actually mentioned it to him and he said he never even really noticed.  They all come in different sizes and he doesn't mind one bit.  You need to forget about this or get into some counseling.  This shouldn't be limiting your social life.
I agree with all the other posters - own that labia!! Don't be ashamed or embarassed... the beauty about men - they SERIOUSLY notice very little about these things. Labia is not symmetrical.. nor are breasts - most women have a smaller breast on the right side.. in fact, one of my girlfriends is a full cup smaller on the right.

Love your body - and a man will love it, too..
i forgot to add if you are looking for mens advice too you may want to put this in the mens forum because not too many men come over here....too scared!
Hello.  It looks like I'm the first male who has responded to your question.  First off you must keep this in mind; nobody's body is perfect and everybody has some sort of non-symmetry about them.  Some people have eyes that are not perfectly in the same plane, some people have crooked smiles, and in the case of sexually related areas, some women have one breast that is larger than the other or one nipple that is not perfectly in the center of one breast yet it is on the other, some men have one testicle that is larger than the other and some men's penises, in fact, MOST penises are not perfectly straight.  All of this variation is what makes each and every one of us uniquie in our own way.

I know what you are going through as I have a bit of the latter issue, a slight bend in my penis that I always was very self concious about for years, but you know what?  Not one woman ever cared or cares about it.  Most of them, after I brought the issue up and asked what they thought about it, they never even noticed.  I do know this; similar to what AnniBrooke mentioned, anytime a woman is or has been in the happy position of being face to face with it, she is NOT complaining about anything, and niether am I for that matter!  :)

In my personal opinion, I rather enjoy the variation of women's vulvas, including and especially labia sizes.  It makes each and every one of you unique, and you should be proud of your uniqueness.  As for longer labia, keep in mind that this gives a man more to "play" with down there and to me, sometimes longer labia can be very arousing to the sight and touch and well.....I think you get the idea of where I'm going.  

One labia being longer than the other is absolutely NOT an issue at all so please, rid yourself of this worry and get yourself back into relationships and being sexually active.  Feel proud of your uniquness down there, leave the lights on and show your lover what you've got!  Any man that is not completely and utterly aroused and excited at the sight of your vulva and labia has some REAL problems, and in that case, the problem is HIM and not YOU.  More than likely he is gay!

So have fun and be proud of your labia! Using Annie's quote again; I know if I were in the happy position of being face to face with your labia or labia like yours, I wouldn't be complaining one bit!  :)
Thank you all so much! I really appreciate the replies :)
OMG!!! I have that same thing!!!!  no, its not unnattractive, your just one more person out there who's different, but that what makes people like you and I special! and don't worry about it!
well i have the same problem but mine hasen't always been like that and it is so embarrassing and im not use to it so what should i do :(
Not everyone has a vagina like a porn star i actually have the exact same problem i am still a little self conscience but if we kno guys right they dont care what it looks like they only care about one thing
what if the labia is like 3 inches longer than the other...
this makes me very happy to hear another, (well lots actually) of other women have this problem. i have had to the same problem since i was pretty young and always thought it was something wrong with me. when i was younger i even used to look at like guys mag's. to just see if other women were like that but obviously naked women in mag. aren't going to. anyway like i said i always thought it was something wrong with me because it is such a different in sides but guys i have been with have never said anything about it and probably because they didn't even notcie. the man i'm with now, the love of my life and the soon to be faher of my baby always tells me i'll be beautiful even if i gained 800 pounds or no matter what becuase since i got pregnant i've had very bad acne. my point being is that most guys will never even notice and even if the do, they won't care. even when he performs oral sex, i almost thinks he likes it, it's a little something else to play with.. so rest easy, their are obviously other women that are in the same boat as you.
I have the same problem!!!!!!!! Or rather uniqueness listen to us women so concerned, I think we could all agree that we have so many other issues with our bodies that we you know pick on, we do not need to add another to the list! We are all beautiful in our individual ways.

Actually just to let you guys know if your labia have grown longer than they were previously it has nothing to do with sex. A longer labia is genetically prone, meaning that if your labia has grown/ one longer than other chances are your mom has the same thing! If your labia is really long like inches it can make sex painful so in this situation you should consider getting it surgically reduced. Their are some downfalls once done has a slight chance of reducing sensitivity during sex. A good doctor for this charges about five to a little over six thousand dollars. If you are considering a procedure you want to do a lot and I mean a lot of research! Your vagina is really important because intimacy and your health should not be taken lightly, when you are with your husband, boyfriend, girlfriend etc. you do not want to lose sensitivity.If they are not considerably long to where it is bothering you mentally or physically you should just accept what God gave you! You are unique and not flawed because he does not make a flawed creation!
Wowee,
I don't even know if it's right to be calling this a problem. Almost all of my friends, myself included,, have discovered that we, too, are uneven. I've been doing quite a bit of research as well, and it's just about the most natural thing in the world. Its kind of like birthmarks or moles. It just IS. Be proud chicas ;) Your body loves to be loved :)
SC
iam a guy 35 years old from  detroit, i was born and raised in africa.i  leaved in uk for two years and belguim for 6 month.and usa for over 10 years.iam not a doctor.but i can tell   you that alot of young female over these  countries are  worry about the same thing. but girl don`t worry so long as you are not sick or have a disease.in my home country and my tribe young girls are made to pull there, labia  and we  the baganda men like women with long labia minora .provided that the girl is not sick.in my culture young girls between the ages of 10 and 20 pull there labia minora to make them long and we call it  visiting the bush. but here in the usa many women don`t now about that and the guys here don`t even notice it 90% of time.
wow,
I'm a 17 year old girl, and I've had this "problem" since I was about 12. I always thought there was something wrong with me, but after reading all of these responses, I feel 100% more beautiful and reassured. I'm intimate with my boyfriend of 4 months, and he has never mentioned a thing, and neither have my 2 ex-boyfriends, both of whom  was intimate with. My current boyfriend is the first boy I've ever fallen in love with and he tells me every day that I'm beautiful. However, I've always been extremely self-conscious about my longer labia. The right one is about an inch longer and it's all weird looking haha. My boyfriend loves oral, and I always just thought he never noticed it. But now I have hope that I'm just normal :)
I have been happily married to my very beautiful wife for 18 years.  Her left labia is much, much longer than the right, and hangs out from between her lips.  Her left labia is quite petite.  Both side form a perfect hood around her clit, so the asymmetry is all below the clit.  I consider herds to be the most beautiful vilva I have ever seen.  Because it is HER.  No other vulva is HER.  After 18 years, last week she mentioned that she was not so sure about her longer labia, and that she was considering having it changed.  It took me a while, but I think I finally convinced her that not only was it normal, but QUITE beautiful, and that I would be very unhappy if she did anything to it.
I have the same problem and i now feel much better about it, reading all the comments.
I had always been quite concerned about my labia since I was about 10 and it got to the point where it was uncomfortable while I played sports or any exercise so I went to the doctor about a year and half ago.  I was extremely embarrassed and thought that I was abnormal or different from all of the other girls, so I had it removed.  It was a very embarrassing process, but I feel like now I have more confidence to be myself, but I only wish I would have been able to read some of your guys’ responses because we are all beautiful and if someone doesn’t like us for who we truly are, then they are not worth it! My labias are still not even, but my left side was about 3 inches long and it impacted my social life and confidence, which now looking back I wish I would have been more educated on this so I would have felt more comfortable to express my concerns.  

I still find myself feeling self conscious about it, but knowing that there are others out there who share the same fear, it reassures that we are beautiful and that no one is perfect, or really wants to be because it would be boring! :)
I have the same thing! I worry about it all the time but when I lost my virginity to a boy last week it was fine, I didn't really think about it much and he didn't seem to mind at all.
It's made me feel even better reading this and finding out that many other woman have the same thing.
I was considering surgery when I got older as I am only 16 but now that I have read this and the boy I slept with doesn't seem to mind it, surgery is the last thing on my mind. I think its just a case of learning to accept your own body.
I have it too and I hate it/:
I have it,and I have lots of problems with it!!!
Okay listen sweetie. I have the same exact thing. I was scared to let my boyfriend ever do anything with me because i was also selfconcious of my vagina. Turns out he loves it! He says that that one that is longer than the other actually turns him on. This coming up friday we will have been dating for 10 months. And he is still with me after seeing that. Dont worry about it. I have searched the internet for help. MANY other women feel the same way.
Hi, "Gottawork".  A word from a man who sympathizes with your concerns. But I'm one guy who loves large labia--there's more of you for a guy to enjoy.  My foreskin does the same for a lady.  
I've never seen a three-inch excess like you describe, but you clearly did the right thing by making it symmetrical.  Now stop worrying about it all and enjoy yourself.  And don't settle for less than being loved for who and what you are, from top to bottom, inside and out.  
warm regards
***@****
A p.s. for "badguitar":  I just read yourcomments after posting my own. Seems we're in agreement on everything, and I couldn't have said it better or more completely than you have.  Good advice for women everywhere.
foxylawyer
they're not created equal - the bigger the better!
I'm a man. I find large inner lips an extreme turn on. Love them and I'm not alone. So be proud.
this makes me feel so much better. i'm 16, and my boyfriend of 6 months wants to try eating me out, but i've been putting it off because i'm nervous of his reaction. My left labia is about an inch or so longer, too. and "weird looking" Hopefully it'll go okay!
I am a man... I LOVE BIG LABIAS!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE and LOVE!
They are  SEXY and BEAUTYFUL! Yes!!! I know, what I tell... ^)))
Omg I have the same exact thing At first I was very self conscious but eventually after looking at very helpful comments like these I feel a lot better about myself ,still a little self conscious but Im sure ill be fine after a while  and i think if I can cope then you strong ladies can as well
(I'm 15 btw)
Tanx was so concerned abt it.I also hv 1