yellow discharge?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

yellow discharge?

Hi all,

I wrote a few weeks ago about a herpes scare--a culture and blood test both came back negative, and that was good news. The doc tested me for everything under the sun at the time (gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc.), and all was negative. The only thing I was positive for was Strep (or was it Staph?). It's the thing they only treat if you are pregnant because everyone has it.

I had sex with the same guy last Saturday/Sunday, and since then I've been having this yellow discharge. It doesn't smell bad, but I feel a little itchy, like with yeast. The amount has been diminishing since the week has gone on. I'm calling the doctor tomorrow, but does anyone have any ideas about what this might be?
one more thing--I'm on the pill (just started week 2) but I've been a little inconsistent about the time of day I've been taking it. Could this be a factor?
The only thing I've ever heard about yellow discharge is that it could be trichomonas.  Your dr can take a swab and look under the microscope to diagnose for that.
I've had that before--this isn't like that, esp. because there is no "fishy" smell. I am beginning to think that it's probably a yeast infection.
i wasnt saying YOU wrote an "odd question". when i re-read my post thats what it seemed like i was saying. i just meant that I have an odd question for you..about using any lubricants. ok, post back.
kind of an odd question but this happened to me. my husband and i used a natural oil lubricant during sex. it gave me what i thought was a yeast infection and some of the discharge was yellowish. i went to the dr. and no infections, no yeast. it was a reaction to the oil..didnt agree with me. so i dont know if you used some sort of lubricant that could cause this type of discharge? just a thought if you've had everything else tested.
A yellowish discharge always means pus or partly decomposed blood.  It is always a sign of infection, typically an STD such as trichomonas, chlamydia, or gonorrhea.  Yeast is possible but less likely.  See your health care provider right away for testing.

HHH, MD
i hav a lot of yellow discharge that smells a bit, im always wet... i recently got tested and it came bk negative, wat cud it be???
Ask your Doc if he tested for Tricomonas, he prob would have if he did a std screen. That particular one has frothy yellow discharge so if it's not frothy it mite just be Vaginosis which is really common in girls, sometimes people don't even realise they have it. It can be caused by sex so if it clears up after a few days don't worry it's prob just that. look it up and you will understand more! :) ( Vaginosis is not an STD)