help get off pills please User Group
Please give me advice
About This Group:

It's hard to get off pain pills when you can't get out of bed without them. You need them but they take over your life. How do you do it? Cold turkey? Wean yourself off? Substitute with other pills? Help others if you know the answer. Or any help for that matter.

Founded by miss_boss on January 21, 2010
127 members

Please give me advice

Last night I broke down and told my husband who knew I was taking pain pills but not how bad it was! I scared myself yesterday after taking 15-20 5/500 hydrocodones it was the first time I actually felt like I over did it. Although I have taken that many before I have been taking almost any type of pain pills I can get for a little over a year for the past 3 months at least 10-20 a day I've probably destroyed my liver I have 2 young children who I don't think have been affected by this, I'm a very good mother! But I told my husband how bad my addiction is last night and had to admit to him that I've been lying I'm so embarrassed of this he was great about it and has my pills to help me taper. I just don't know how to I want to minimize my wd as much as possible even tho I feel as I deserve to feel them I just don't want my children to see it. I don't know how I got this bad and I just hope I can get off without anyone's else finding out. Is there anything else I can do to help ease the wd at all or to help with the ones I do have I'm so scared to do this I just want to get OFF these theyve ruined my life any suggestions ideas or even just someone to help me through this would mean so much!!!
I understand how you feel! I have a child and told my boyfriend (also my child's father) about how many pills I was taking a couple of weeks ago. He too, knew I was on pain meds, but had no idea even close to how many. I think that subconsciously I told him so that I had no choice but to get better. I have been tapering my pills down ever since. If you want to talk about anything, please let me know. I know exactly what you are going through! I know I'm a great mom too! I'm just sick and I am going to put everything I have left in me into getting better!
I am in the same boat, without the spouses support though. I am trying a new taper program. I am adding ten minutes to the time between taking the pills. So far, so good. I was taking one every six hours when I started. I am up to 8 hours and 40 minutes and the withdrawls are almost nothing. Set a schedule and stick to it. We can do it. We deserve a better life.
BammBamm27 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jan 15
patseguin219 joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 18
mary310 commented on photo
Aug 12