help get off pills please User Group
hydro addiction
About This Group:

It's hard to get off pain pills when you can't get out of bed without them. You need them but they take over your life. How do you do it? Cold turkey? Wean yourself off? Substitute with other pills? Help others if you know the answer. Or any help for that matter.

Founded by miss_boss on January 21, 2010
129 members

hydro addiction

Can anyone tell me how to get off of these cold turkey? I was put on them for a herniated disc and pinched nerve in my lower back. I have 3 small children i have to live for and I only took what was prescribed and nothing more, but when I do not have them, the withdrawal symptoms are extreme! I'm in bed sick and the pain in my back is so severe I cannot move. This is the way it was before i even started taking pain meds. I'm 34 and the dr. is against me having back surgury, but I'm to the point that I have no choice but to go through with it. He took me off the pain meds abruptly without anything for withdrawal and I still get them because one experience with the symptoms, It was terrible pain. Is there someone here that knows how to wean off and quit completely? Thanks!
it's acually a buldged disc, not pinced nerve. so i have that and the herniated disc.
I feel your pain, I just had 2 herniations removed 2/17 after about a year of being on oxy and percs. I stopped cold turkey or tried to and find myself irritable all nite till i cant take it any more, and give in. Its a shame , my sciatic pain is gone but i toss and turn all nite trying to shake these devils they call drugs. Good luck Ray in nj
reeserch joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 21
TryingToFindMe joined this group
Welcome them!
May 21
BammBamm27 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jan 15