582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Bone and muscle pains along with upper abdomen(lower rib cage)
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
298 members

Hi all. First of all this is a great site. Thanks to all for sharing such a knowledge and experiences. I am 26 yrs old male very active and workout 5 days a week. I lift weights and am in really good shape. All of a sudden since last September, I feel dizzy, persistent headaches, neck pain, jaw pain. My quality of life has gone down. I was referred to neurologist and was diagnosed as migraine. I do not think so but they ordered MRI, CT scan to rule out MS.The results were negative and then the migraine medicines sis not help too.  I can hear heart palpitations in my head and stomach.You can see the heart palpitations by placing mobile phone on my stomach. Doctors diagnosed it as high blood pressure. I was on medication. I did not believe it and bought a machine to check and kept a note of the reading for 2 months. I do not have BP at all. Then they have hook up a heart monitor for 1 month. They said that my heart rate is only 48 per minute. After 30 days they say everything is fine. I believe it is due to my cardio workout 5 days a week. Then started my knee pains. Then my shoulder. It has become so bad that I cannot raise my arm after certain height. Then my rib cage at certain points. My doctor say it is just inflammation. Then started acid reflex. They have done endoscopy, ultrasound, X-ray for knees. Now my lower back, elbows, tendons started paining. My doctor says that I have fibromyalgia. I did not believe it either. They also say that I have TMJ for jaw pain. I think this is all crap as I am so active and healthy and how all of a sudden I get so many diseases. I asked my doctor for Vit D test after looking over internet for bone and muscle pains and she said that my calcium is 10 mg/dl and I do not need Vit D test. After I insisting she has ordered for it and the result is 7 ng/ml. I am on 50000IU pill a week. She says that Vit D has nothing to do with these symptoms. My head aches got much better and dizziness too. neck pain is Okay. My shoulder, knee and upper ab still hurts. Just after 1 month of dosage I got it rechecked and the value is 48  ng/ml. I am drinking almost 900 ml - 1 liter of milk every day too (thanks I can tolerate dairy). But the value got up so much in 3 weeks for me where as others say it took 3-4 months? Do you think the tests were right? Also, do you think these have something to do with vit D def? Do I need to get any other tests done? I got my parathyroid and thyroid and they look okay. PTH came about 50 pg/ml. TSh came out 1.07 uiU/ml. My calcium came down by .2 points and is 9.8 mg/Dl when my vit D came up to 48 from 7 in these 3 weeks. Please suggest if I need to get any other tests done. I am planning on changing my PCP.
Tags: Vit D deficincy, bone pains, muscle pains, chronic pains, Headaches, dizziness
a lot of your symptoms sound like mine. i started getting ill last Nov with flu like symptoms without the temp! my joints hurt, i had eye pain with redness, i was referred to rheumatologist who did blood test and found i had mycoplasma pneumonia he said my symptoms should eventually settle. well my joint pains did but every 2 -3 weeks i would get the symptoms again with chills, loose motion feeling nauseous.  now i have the added problems of numbness in hand upon walking, sometimes the side of my head would be numb. i also have a tingling feeling when i need to go for a number 2!  i have been referred to a neurologist who i saw on Tues and she does not think i have MS but has ordered a MRI appointment.  

Maybe you can ask you Dr to check for Mycoplasma pneumonia?  my rheumatologist said this could cause these types of symptoms.

sorry i am not much help just trying to find answers like you.  

oh yes a very important point is that i insisted on an vit D test which came out deficient 21ng.
I am sorry about it...I consulted neurologist to confirm it not as MS. Since they have already had my MRI, he has ordered a visual evoke test and it came as negative.So, he confirmed it NOT as MS, which is a great relief. MY knees and bones still hurt but my dizziness and numbness came down. You should definitely try the Vit D supplement..It will help with muscle weakness and hopefully with bone pain..My muscle weakness is much better than before a month but knee and  bone pain persisting.
Hope you get well soon..
Hi All,

After my first dosage of 10 weeks,  I feel much better. No more heart palpation in my head, no headaches, no jaw pain, no shoulder pain. I still have my back muscles tingling and acid reflux got little better. I still have tendons pain but over all it is a very good improvement. I am on 2000 IU pills once every other day. My knees hurt if I run on thread-mill but cycling is perfectly fine.  
Most importantly, I am feeling better psychologically. No more depression or sadness as before. no tiredness.....still the rib hurts and may be due to acid reflux..
FurballsMom commented on photo
opus88 commented on photo
FurballsMom commented on photo