582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Do I need more?
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
297 members

Do I need more?

I have been diagnosed with vit D deficiency.  My doctor has me on 3,000 ius a day.  I have been taking it for three weeks tomorrow.  My level was 20 ng.  I was also reading that I should be taking other vitamins to help the vit D take affect.  I guess I am so confused about all this happening to me.  I have been such a normal hard working mother and the last 6 months have been hell.  It got really bad around December.  I thought I was going crazy.  I felt so tired, sore muscles, hands falling asleep, dropping everything all the time, weak legs.  To tired to work out, which I did 5 days a week.  I was in a fog all the time, forget everything, irritable, anxious all the time, panic attacks started.  I have had a few better days since seeing my dr. and I really like him he thought it was a vitamin deficiency almost right away and ran a million tests.  I see him again in may to see if my levels are better but wow I didn't now this was such a long recovery.  I did have my gallbladder removed in January so I thought maybe that was why I felt so bad but I found out the deficiency could have been the gallbladder cause.   Sorry for rambling on, I guess I just want to know am I taking enough vit d and should I be taking any other supplements to help it.
I've been in the same situation before and after a year of taking vit supplements, i feel much better now.  Although I still feel foggy sometimes, i really feel the improvement in terms of muscle pains and fatigue.  Also, I am now feeling refreshed after sleep unlike before that I already feel exhausted from the time I woke up in the morning.  I started taking 2,000 iu of vit d3 in april last year for around 4-5 months and I increased my dosage to 5,000 iu after that.  I am also taking magnesium and calcium supplements.

Based on my experience, we really need patience while dealing with vit d deficiency as it takes time to feel the gradual improvement.
I had similar symptoms. Your doctor can easily raise the dose to 5000 iu per day. It is normal for doctors to use 50,000 iu per week until the levels go up to 50 or so.

I have been having 5000 iu per day for the past 7 months and I am totally cured. Once the levels are up to 50 or 60, just do 2500 iu per day.

Believe me you will get  ured...and life will be sweet again.

Seemy post for details

Good luck...
AyeLea joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 25
Prinklenath joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 24
ChitChatNine is happy! Comment
Jul 22