582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
How long?
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
298 members

How long?

I was diagnosed with a severe vitamin d deficiency--5 ng/ml. it was found during routine annual blood work. I had a alot of the symptoms (bone muscle pain/weakness, severe exhaustion, mental confusion, loss of balance) but didn't know the cause. My GP prescribed 50000IU per week for 12 weeks. I am on week four and I feel absolutely no improvement. Can anyone tell me how long it took for them to feel better.
Tags: Vitamin D Deficiency, vitamin d deficiency symptoms, vitamin d deficiency treatment, how long to hold it, self improvement
Hi, im on week 7 and I have less pain but am still in alot of pain... can take upto 12 months to feel better!.. as your levels started so low it will take time quiet a few people say they start to feel better once there levels go over 30ng. Charlie.
For two years (March 2010 to September 2012) I suffered like you - mental fog, fatigue, minimized my social interaction, chest pain, anxiety, pins and needle, only 2 hours sleep per night. It was hell. I came across this forum. Pushed my doctor and got on 5000 iu per day (or 50000 iu per week). I am told that 50,000 iu pr week is D2. And D2 is not as effective as D3. D3 comes in 3000 iu or 5000 iu form.. My Vit D level improved to 40 in 4 months and to 59 in 7 months. I did not notice any chnage for initail 3 months (it was up and down), started feeling some chnage after 5-6 months but got totally cured after 7 months. My level is 59 now and I started to maintain it at that level using 2500 iu per day. Be patient and keep taking the Vitamin D supplement every day after meal, test your levels every 3 months and get your life back. Make sure taht you do not go beyond 100. Also, do not go lower than 30-35. The best is 50 to 80.

All the best..
FurballsMom uploaded new photos
Jul 28
Citymom03 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 28
AyeLea joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 25