How long?
I was diagnosed with a severe vitamin d deficiency--5 ng/ml. it was found during routine annual blood work. I had a alot of the symptoms (bone muscle pain/weakness, severe exhaustion, mental confusion, loss of balance) but didn't know the cause. My GP prescribed 50000IU per week for 12 weeks. I am on week four and I feel absolutely no improvement. Can anyone tell me how long it took for them to feel better.
Hi, im on week 7 and I have less pain but am still in alot of pain... can take upto 12 months to feel better!.. as your levels started so low it will take time quiet a few people say they start to feel better once there levels go over 30ng. Charlie.
For two years (March 2010 to September 2012) I suffered like you - mental fog, fatigue, minimized my social interaction, chest pain, anxiety, pins and needle, only 2 hours sleep per night. It was hell. I came across this forum. Pushed my doctor and got on 5000 iu per day (or 50000 iu per week). I am told that 50,000 iu pr week is D2. And D2 is not as effective as D3. D3 comes in 3000 iu or 5000 iu form.. My Vit D level improved to 40 in 4 months and to 59 in 7 months. I did not notice any chnage for initail 3 months (it was up and down), started feeling some chnage after 5-6 months but got totally cured after 7 months. My level is 59 now and I started to maintain it at that level using 2500 iu per day. Be patient and keep taking the Vitamin D supplement every day after meal, test your levels every 3 months and get your life back. Make sure taht you do not go beyond 100. Also, do not go lower than 30-35. The best is 50 to 80.

All the best..
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
ChitChatNine enjoying fall-like weather ! Comment
Sep 25
ClareLG commented on Croup - I thought adu...
Sep 16
ChitChatNine commented on photo
Sep 13