Just found this site - Symptoms come & go
I am 44y.o. male - fairly healthy - former military.  I was diagnosed with Vit D Deficiency in October.  I am a now a contractor in Afghanistan and back in September I began feeling weaker and weaker.  I thought I just had the flu. On two separate days, I "crashed" so bad  that they took me to the clinic but couldn't find any problems.  I was sent to Dubai - where, again nothing was found to be wrong with me - no diabetes, heart problems, thyroid - nothing!  I came back to Afghanistan where I again "crashed" and they sent me home.  My doctor found it on the 2nd test - thankfully and I got "better."  I was at 16 on the test.  I started taking the 50K IUs and after 3 weeks came back to work in Afghanistan.

When I returned back, I found that the stress, high altitude, and rapid pace have been extremely difficult for me and sometimes I just feel so lethargic, tired, and overly emotional.  In part because of the holiday and homesickness - but sometimes I am an emotional wreck when I feel "exhausted" from the deficiency.  I know that is what it is because a couple hours later, I will be a LOT better.  I keep telling myself to "wait it out" and the funky-feeling will go away - it's just not a good way to live day-to-day, even really minute-by-minute.

Does anyone else have their symptoms change minute-to-minute?  Is anyone else emotionally depressed at times from this?  I would appreciate any stories/advice because I can feel totally different about every five minutes.

Also - I worry if there is more to deal with besides Vit D Deficiency - like Cancer, MS, thyroid, etc.  Is that normal to have - even though I had FLYING COLORS during two separate physicals.

I can't tell "everyone" here what a blessing it was to find this site to know that I am not alone.  I am a bit of a worrier and being away from medical care has made me go crazy sometimes with concern for what is happening.  Just reading the stories of others has greatly encouraged me to push through, even in this difficult situation.  Thanks ahead of time for any responses.
I had the same problem until I learned I had to take calcium and magnesium(alot of this one) to keep my levels even and to stop daily ups and downs. Low magnesium is was what was caused my mood swings. This is what I was taught no vitamin d means no magnesium, no magnesium means no calcium.
yes, my fatigue will last for 2-3 hours and then wham i'm back to normal. really suck......
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
ChitChatNine enjoying fall-like weather ! Comment
Sep 25
ClareLG commented on Croup - I thought adu...
Sep 16
ChitChatNine commented on photo
Sep 13