Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Forum

Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
I am a 28 yr. old male. I am overweight at 270 lbs. I am working out with a trainer 2x a week, and I go running in between training sessi...
Two years ago I was diagnosed with Dysautonomia after wearing an event monitor for five weeks. Episodes of sinus arrhythmia occured and ...
Trying to rule out heart causing shortness of breath. started 1 year ago. just mild, constant, rest or no rest. smoked for 5 years, but ...
I had a chest x-ray, 24 hour holter monitor and an echo of my heart. It call came back normal except sinus tachycardia, which the cardiol...
My 70 year old husband has been diagnosed with the following: 1) atrial fibrilation 2) several mitral regurgitation 3) left ventricle ...
I recently had my annual physical and came back with a total chol of 219 and direct LDL of 159, HDL of 48 and triglycerides of 60. I am...
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.