Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Forum

Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
Going to Doc: please comment The left atrium was approaching the upper limits of normal size at 3.90 cm. The left ventricle is normal...
I had a problem before with Potassium loss from HCTZ. I was taken off of it when I went to the emergency ward, for certain symptons. My...
Hi Doctor. I'm a 28 year old male considering topical OTC minoxidil (either 2 or 5%, don't really know yet). A few years ago, I was f...
I have a copy of my treadmill test results. My ST was flat at about 0.9 out to about 90 BPM (V3), then dropped with a near constant slope...
Had echo done in Sept., was told by Dr. that everything was normal. Decided to get a copy of the results the other day on a whim, and ha...
Six years ago my husband had a stent placed at the top of the LAD, he had restenosis in 6 months, they did radiation therapy and placed 2...
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.