Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Vagina to Anus - Alone and scared in the desert

Dr HHH. Thanks for everything you are doing with this site, it is all I have right now. My situation:
I am a 30 yr old straight man in a happy relationship with my girlfriend (with a baby on the way) who has never done drugs etc.
I am currently in Abu Dhabi. 2 nights ago I fear I may have thrown it all away when I picked up a prostitute at a bar. The girl was from China if that matters. I was drunk and it was stupid, I know that now.
Specifically my sexual encounter only involved me fingering the girls vagina and afterwards her fingering my anus. But my concern is this: She attempted to finger me without any lube which wasnt working out so I applied my saliva to my fingers and rubbed it on my anus. She fingered me for a while and that was that.
It was only the next day I started to worry because I remembered that I used the same fingers to lube my anus as I did for fingering her.
1. Is it possible that I may have transferred HIV to myself with my fingers? (I am foggy on the timings but I remember wiping my fingers on the bedsheets directly after fingering her and I am pretty sure my fingers were dry when I applied saliva to them. Also the time from fingers in her vagina to her fingers in my anus was at least two or three minutes..probably more.)
2. Do I need testing for HIV or anything else.
3. I have booked a flight home leaving in three weeks time to see my girlfriend because I need someones support. Is it safe to have sex with her considerig my encounter? I dont want to risk her or our babys health.

God bless you

Stupid
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Doctor,

Many thanks for your reply. I thought my chances were higher than that. Now I can get on with life and hopefully never stray again.

If there have been no documented cases of infection in the history of HIV from a situation like mine and you say that if I get tested I can count on a negative result then that is good enough for me.
I am not going to bother getting teted at all, unless symptoms develop.

Best wishes from the desert.

Stupid
Helpful - 0
Hi there,

I am pretty sure that Dr. H will say that you had no risk.

Read my question to Dr. H (just below ur question).

My risk was higher than yours....and Dr. H told me that my chances are zero or close to zero....so what makes you think you were at risk.

I am sure you are fine.
Helpful - 0
um.....NO risk.
It is your guilt/conscience that is getting the best of you.

And why is it that everyone seems to think every Asian or Chinese is HIV infected?
That blows my mind.
Helpful - 0
239123 tn?1267647614
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
As a couple of forum regulars already responded (below), there was no significant risk of HIV or other STDs.  1) Transmission by hand-genital contact has never been reported and probably doesn't occur.  2) You do not need testing, except maybe for peace of mind--that is, if you remain nervous despite my advice and would sleep better knowing the result of a lab test, go ahead and have it done.  You can count on a negative result.  3) Almost certainly it is safe to have sex with your wife.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV - Prevention Forum

Popular Resources
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?
Can you get HIV from casual contact, like hugging?
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.