Aa
A
A
A
Close

Osteoporosis Community

Osteoporosis is a condition of low bone density that can progress silently over a long period of time leading to an increased risk of fracturing of bones. Discuss topics including osteopenia, the effects of menopause, low density prevention, symptoms, treatments, and how to deal with fractures.
1 - 20 (of 134) questions
I am looking for information so I can evaluate the price of treatment. The medicine is fairly reasonable but the hospital staff say that ...
Dentist won’t pull my molar because I take FOSAMAX? I am 83. Says to have a root canal instead.
I take FOSAMAX Dentist won’t pull my tooth? Why?
severe pain in left groin , buttock, and thigh area. unable to walk without support. this occurs after sitting even for short periods. ...
can you have osteoporosis on just one side of your body?
My mom is taking Fosamax [Alendronic Acid], she is taking it exactly as directed and is still getting terriible burning in her esophagus....
I'm a 59 y/o postmenopausal female that was recently diagnosed with osteoporosis with a T score of -3.2. Was sent to an endocrine doc and...
I was diagnosed with Osteoporosis at age 30. Blood tests showed no evelated blood calcium nor high PTH, all normal. They did show Vitam...
My recent dexa showed a t score of -3.9 average. I had an infusion of Reclast a year ago, but due to hyperparathyroidism, can't take it a...
Hello, I am writing on behalf of my sister. She has been a long history of various health issues that started with very frequent hair ...
does anyone take Boniva and how bad were the side effects
Hi, all. I am a 59 year old petite, postmenopausal, woman with osteoporosis. My lumbar spine score is -3.1 I do not want to use the m...
Hello I'm a 39 year old female. I had a total hysterectomy at the age of 36. So, I have medical induced menopause. I just had a bone dens...
I am a 67 female and have osteopenia and osteoporosis. I have had two infusions..once a year for Reclast. The more I have read about it...
How long before you know results if this medication is working? What is the procedure to find out that this medication is doing its job? ...
hi there! I would like to know how many days should I take off after the 28th day of using FORTEO before using the new dose of it? it i...
I am 29 and in good health but my doctor believes I may have osteoporosis/osteopenia. I have a healed pelvic fracture from December 20...
HAVE PROLIA AFFECTED YOUR LIFE?
I was diagnosed with osteoporosis early last year, four years after hysterectomy. I am 46 now. I am taking Alendronate 25 mg since March ...
I suffered a compression fracture a year ago. Pain was so severe that tests were done to rule out malignancy and other serious disease (...
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches