Parenting Teens (12-17) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.
1 - 20 (of 1028) questions
I have a 14 yo daughter. I started spying on her internet activity & came across an acct she has on Ask.fm. For those of you who are...
13 answers | 1 comment |
I've read several other posts on the same topic, and like the others, I'm devastated! Where things get harder is that I'm not the custod...
1 answer |
Every time I have had a relationship the men don't like my son. They love my daughter. But I can't get boyfriend to even pretend that he ...
My daughter is 14 will be 15 in 2 months, she has a boyfriend who just turned 16. My daughter asked me a question regarding sex "my frien...
2 answers |
I do not know if he does drugs. Recently he has been acting disrecpecful toward my wife and me. I have searched only for at home drug t...
1 answer |
I don't really know how to describe what she told me but basically, my 13 year old told me that every day, since she was like 6, she hasn...
3 answers | 2 comments |
My 13 year old son is worried about his nipples, a while ago they started hurting when he was in the swimming pool, and began to be painf...
1 answer |
My girl is 13. I have recently found out that she has been masterbating for a year now when she is in her room. thank god she doesn't do ...
3 answers |
My son is in 6th grade and soon to be 12. One of his friends is kissing his girlfriend in the halls....is this the age this behavior sta...
18 answers | 1 comment |
So I feel like my daughter is super busy with outside activities so when she gets home all she wants to do is screen time. She finishes h...
4 answers | 1 comment |
Well my Wife and I were married in June. We were the "Brady Bunch" minus one. She brought three kids into the marriage and I brought tw...
5 answers |
My children were taken from me when they were 3 and 1 and just born because I am bipolar. They were raised by their fathers parents and ...
1 answer |
I have two children, a boy and a girl, both 16, turning 17 in a few months. They have always been close since they were young and still a...
1 answer |
My daughter is 15, long story! Ok, she used to be honor role student, then when she got into hi school she completely changed! Not to men...
14 answers | 1 comment |
Hi, I know the above questions is puzzling but let me explain. I've been a single parent since the birth of my 1 and only child. My 16 y...
My niece is 12 years old. I try my best to look out for her because her mom is not the most competent parent. A few months back her mom w...
What kind of support do you know of for teens who suffer social anxiety? It's such an awkward time. So much can go wrong whether real o...
1 answer |
I usually take precautions while doing this but, yesterday my son saw me. I ignored that he saw me, and i want help suggestion from y...
9 answers | 2 comments |
Both my room and bathroom doors were closed but my one yr old had opened them when she came looking for me. My son was keeping an eye on ...
my son is a healthy 14 year old boy who will be home mostly alone all summer as I work ( like most I assume!). He will be out of school ...
1 answer |
Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
1.15k Members
1.03k Questions
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.