Parenting Teens (12-17) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.
1 - 20 (of 1024) questions
I usually take precautions while doing this but, yesterday my son saw me. I ignored that he saw me, and i want help suggestion from y...
9 answers | 2 comments |
Both my room and bathroom doors were closed but my one yr old had opened them when she came looking for me. My son was keeping an eye on ...
my son is a healthy 14 year old boy who will be home mostly alone all summer as I work ( like most I assume!). He will be out of school ...
1 answer |
I was married for brief time , for my wife refused to sleep in the same bed with me and have any intimate relationship ever, for she was...
1 answer |
I was wondering if there is any reason for me to be concerned about my 17 yr old son. First I should say he is “normal” and gets straight...
1 answer |
Kids are under so much pressure these days. School is a lot harder it seems than when I attended high school. Kids have lots of options...
What kind of support do you know of for teens who suffer social anxiety? It's such an awkward time. So much can go wrong whether real o...
1 answer |
My boyfriend and I became emotionally involved while we were both still married. When we expressed our love for one another, we both sep...
20 answers | 1 comment |
The teen years are hard. No doubt. And in today's educational system, they try to give kids exposure to what it means to work in a grou...
I have a 17 year old boy who will be 18 in a few months. He had a great childhood and was always happy. He has a younger sister and 2 l...
2 answers |
My husband and I have 2 boys, ages 13 and 10, and I am currently pregnant with our third child. Our 13 year old is not my biological chi...
6 answers | 1 comment |
I have a 17 year old daughter and we seem to have our differences when it comes to a lot of things(eg boys, school..etc). She’s not doing...
1 answer |
Hi, I have two 15 year old twin boys. They share a room which I clean quite regularly. However every time I go in there is always a smell...
1 answer | 2 comments |
So I got a message from my ex-husband today. And tomorrow I am meeting my son. He is 14 and I haven't seen him since he was 2. With it be...
1 answer |
I just found out that my 15 year old daughter and her 16 year old boyfriend had sex for the first time recently in our home. They are not...
13 answers | 8 comments |
I have been raising my twin niece and nephew since they were 14, they will be 18 in a few days. My nephew was very excited to drive, he g...
1 answer | 1 comment |
We allowed my son to get a vape about a year and a half ago after he became addicted to nicotine because his older sister introduced him ...
2 answers |
What to do with a son that thinks he has to answer to no one. My son came home a few weeks ago demanding that my husband and I change h...
17 answers | 1 comment |
My 17 yr old daughter would like us to host a 18 yr old 12th grader living in Paris. She will be here for two weeks. Has anyone here don...
My 17 year old son and I have a strained, almost broken relationship. He has a very negative personality. He is rude and disrespectful t...
7 answers | 2 comments |
Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
1.14k Members
1.02k Questions
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.