Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

long lashes

Has anyone noticed their lashes getting longer with treatment?
16 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes my eyelashes are very long now too. Maybe too long cause it seems I can see them when I look straight ahead or maybe its my floaters. I hope the eyelashes keep getting longer and longer cause if my hair keeps falling out, I'll do a comb- over from my eyelashes.Eat your heart out Donald. But actually my hair loss is starting to slow up a little. Nobody has noticed the loss, but I can definitely see a difference. I hope it all comes back.
Helpful - 0
Dayum. I'm on my second round and my lashes are short and faint as ever. Being a guy, I don't really care.

Rev, how the hec are you buddy. Long time no hear. I'm glad to hear your going on tx again after being dx with Autoimmune HCV. Maybe in 18 months V-950 will be part of the SOC cocktail and may shorten your tx duration. I use to get a real kick from our spirited discussions. Hope all is well.

Keith.
Helpful - 0
Hi! 31 wks of tx... already!!! Good for you...that gives me hope... Heard that can happen with the hair, but it will come back... but you've got the gorgeous eyelashess... sorry about the rash, so maybe that came about week 20... oh goodie something for me to look forward to! I guess we're all different. Yes, I'm treating for 48 wks at least.  Dr said between 48 to 52... Now thinking like to go  the extra four weeks cause hearing about reversible and I'm stage 2 scaring. The best to you too!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
92903 tn?1309904711
this eyelash issue has been discussed before....

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/hepatitis/messages/39615.html
Helpful - 0
Yes, I did and they are still long. If I put make-up on, I can not wear my glasses or they rub my glasses alot.  Am, still waiting for my hair to gain length so it can thicken.  Now, the hair on the head is a sloooooooow process..

Cajun
Helpful - 0
Hey there!   I am doing 48 weeks of SOC, but did 5 weeks previously of SOC and an experimental drug (I was in a clinical trial), so I have actually done 31 weeks of treatment thus far.  

I have lost about 70% of my hair so far, but had thick hair, so, not soooo bad.  I have a few bald spots also, where the hair broke off right at the base, and that hair hasn't grown back yet.

I've been trimming my eyelashes for about 2 months now.  I've had the rash for about the same amount of time and the itchies too.

How long are you treating for - 48 as well?  What part of the world do you live in?

Best of luck to  you!

Daylyn
Helpful - 0
146021 tn?1237204887
The eyelash thing is one of the little perks of tx. I've been off tx for 9 weeks and I wish my long lashes would last forever. The other perk was the no BO in the arm pit area. Mauilady pointed this out and it was true for me too. I would sweat and have hot flashes, but not under the armpits. One other thing is that my hair didn't grow. I usually color it, and go every 5-6 weeks. I went 11 weeks without a touch up. And yes I know we aren't suppose to color our hair on tx, but I wanted to go around with sgraggly brown hair instead of scraggly grey hair.
Take care,
Bug
Helpful - 0
I am one of the odd ones: my hair never fell out, lashes were okay.  I did get the rash and the interferon rage but other than that is just felt like Super-Flu mainly.  I did relapse but knew that could happen.  I don't regret treating one bit.  
Helpful - 0
Thanks Scott.
Best of luck to you!
Helpful - 0
I am off treatment.  I am gearing up for round #2 in about 12-18 months time.  I've been working out, eating my Cheerios, etc.  

My eyelashes are looking good -- I believe you will see your own return to their former selves soon.

Bye,
Scott
Helpful - 0
You said your lashes stayed long. I'm wondering if your still on treatment or have you finished? I ask because i've been really enjoying batting my lashes since my hair is falling at like crazy (wig shopping tomorrow) but now that i stopped treatment 5 wks ago my lashes are now starting to come out also. I was hoping THEY at least would stick around!
Helpful - 0
Regarding eyebrows and eyelashes

As good old Groucho Marx said---

Thats the silliest thin I ever heard!!!
Helpful - 0
Andy Rooney's attorney.oh thats too funny....Boy did I need to laugh!!
THanks.

Looks like Maybelline might lose some business this year!!

Be good!
Helpful - 0
You're cracking me up!! You said only "22" to go.  Are you going 48... reason asking, is cause that would mean you've done 26 to date??? maybe that's why I haven't noticed any hair loss or skin dryness yet, I'm only on shot ten BUT... the good news... I did feel my eyelashes on my shades when we were out at the parade earlier.. SO YESSSSSSS... I got me some of dem long lashes... uh huh ... doing the happy dance!! flop!! back down on the recliner for me ha ha!!! nope didn't really lift my laptop to dance... just in my mind....F A T I G U E... glad we got this place to hang at.. no one else would understand this kinduv entertainment ...hee hee
Helpful - 0
Yes!  Me too.  They are so long, I have to trim them.  They have gotten to be about 1.5 cm's long, and touch my eyebrows - crazy!  I wish I had the same problem with the hair on my head.  It won't seem to grow at all.  It's so odd.

Also my eyebrows don't seem any longer, but they stick straight out.  My daughter calls them Mad Hatter eyebrows.  I literally have to use gel to get them to lay flat.

Between all the broken chunks of hair sticking straight up off my head, the dried out hair, eyelashes to my eyebrows, and the eyebrows sticking straight out like I was just electrocuted, add the rash all over my body, and I tell ya, I'm looking a little frightful.  

Only 22 weeks to go!  Imagine what could happen in that time.  I'll be scaring all the kids WITHOUT a mask at Halloween!
HA.

Daylyn
Helpful - 0
Yep. Mine did. They have stayed long too.

Take care,
Scott
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community

Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.