What to do now

I'm 3 weeks off tram and 4 weeks off alcohol. My problem is what to do I do now?  I have the hardest time relaxing in the evening when I used to use.  I feel like I have to keep moving.  When will I be able to not think like this?
I would rather work 24 hours/day than be at home sometimes.
Congratulations on your clean time!  I am 3 weeks off of norcos, and I have been having similar feelings and thoughts.  Sometimes, it just seems like my mind is thinking of the pills out of habit when I am in a situation, time or place where I used to use.  Staying busy has worked the best for me, and I find that I am doing many of the things I enjoyed previous to my addiction.  I try hitting the gym when I get a craving, and the bonus is that I'm getting back into great shape :)  I spend more time doing my hobbies, etc.  I think it gets easier with time (from what I've heard from others here).
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes I did the gym as well and I ended up in great shape LOL It will calm down remember its only been 4 weeks off alcohol and 3 three off the tram think how long you were using both its takes time to undo the damage in the brain .The exercise really does seed up that process because it helps restart your natural dopamine receptors.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the ADDICTION RECOVERY GROUP Group

The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.