Anyone out there that’s struggling with their partner addicted to cocaine?

Can someone talk to me please as how to deal with my partners coke addiction? I love him but I’m struggling to love this life. Part of me prefers the way he is when he’s on it as he’s so kind and loving but the next day he’s awful and argumentative yet blames me for everything that goes wrong. I don’t talk to my family and friends about it as I don’t want them judging him, but sometimes I need to speak to someone that’s in the same boat. I honestly don’t know where to go from here, he promises to sort himself out whilst he’s on it but the next day it’s swept under the carpet and not allowed to be mentioned
COMMUNITY LEADER
hello and welcome. i have been where you are. i understand all the feelings that go with life
with an addict. it can be a lonely place. it is heartbreaking and exhausting. we get just as sick as they are and we also need recovery.
do you have a clergymen you could speak with ? a therapist?
there are support groups for the loved ones of addicts.
al-anon.org
nar-anon.org
celebraterecovery.com
smartrecovery.org
Addicts are very manipulative. they shift blame always on to someone or something else that
they say causes them to use. they do not take responsibility for their actions and the consequences
there of.
thinking of you,
Debbie

Thank you for your response. It’s a tough time and I appreciate speaking to others that understand. I don’t have a clergyman that I know to speak to so any groups would be beneficial. I’m tired and drained by the whole process but not ready to end the relationship. Is so sad and frustrating that they cannot see what they are doing to themselves and others . Xx
COMMUNITY LEADER
How Re you doing?
How long has he been doing coke?
COMMUNITY LEADER
How Re you doing?
How long has he been doing coke?
I would say on and off for 20 years
I totally understand what you are going through I have been going through the same thing myself with my husband. He is so mean and hateful with the things he says when he is coming down off his high and its hurtful. I'm realizing its definitely emotional abuse, but after about 2 days he is back Norma as if nothing happened and he expects me not to hold on to the things he said 2 days before. It is really heard. Please share if you have found any support

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Living with an Addict Community