how long have you been taking the antidepressant? they can take a few weeks to a month to work.
Tracy why would you think that one of your kidneys would be damaged in detox?
I had been on anti-depressants for 13 years( Prozac, Paxil, Lexapro, Zoloft, Wellbutrin)...then stopped taking them 3 years ago....that's when he perscribed the Xanax for anxiety & panic attacks. I was probably going through some type of withdrawal from stopping the antidepressant. He gave me the Xanax and here I am 3 years later...addicted to it.
He gave me the Cymbalta & Wellbutrin XL to take (at different times) a couple of months ago...but with the side effects I've been having from the Xanax I couldn't tolerate the side efects of either of those two anti-depressants.
Keep up the posting...you're going to make a difference here. I read as many posts as I can every day and everyone is so amazing...
Well, I have only 1 kidney (donated the other). I talked to the nurse at my dr's office last Thursday to get a refill on my inhaler and told her I was going into the detox. She said she was familiar with where I was going and they would be using Bup? Sub? (not sure what those are) but she said with me having only one kidney I'm risking damage to my only kidney and to come into the dr. today. I guess they didn't believe that it was as severe (xanax addiction) and if they weren't going to help me I was seeking help elsewhere. She said they would run a lipid panel to make sure everything's ok with the kidney, do an ekg and some bloodwork before I put my body through that. So I thought it couldn't hurt.
Does anyone have a detox...tapering recipe for benzos? I see one here frequently for opiates.
1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.
2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).
3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.
4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper and Magnesium.
5. Vitamin B6 caps.
6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).