Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Is this good feeling really real?

I woke up this morning (day 2) and felt absolutely friggin great! Better than I have in years. Is this some sort of fluke or has anyone else experienced this kind of thing going into w/d? I've been on everything extracted from the poppy plant for the past 5 years & expected this to be alot worse than it is seeming to be today. I got my husband up & daughter fed & even did some laundrey. I've got to go into work at 11 & I'm not even dreading it! I felt like **** yesterday & days before since I was tapering from oc's using darvocet. If this is just a fleeting glimpse of what life can be like w/out pain meds- I want it! I really need some success stories from you guys. I won't be able to get online again til night & I'd really like a pick-me-up when I do. I want to know that this CAN really be done! Thanks everyone, Miko
Mico,That would be nice if it lasted!Maybe your lucky and wont suffer too much!I've heard of it.Blackbelt who used to post here takes darvacet while going through the wds.and says he dosnt feel bad either!I'm on day 20 and still have a few ups and downs.But nothing to bad!I took vics and percs.Dont know how many a day cause I just took em when I felt like it!God luck on your journey! Love..Jerri
I hope your feeling lasts. What day are you on? I am on day3 of an Ultram wd. Physically I'v been better but am taking vicodin as I need it so that is helping -never had a problem with that only Ultram. I was up to 15 a day and started over a year ago. I have a toddler and work so its hard to try to keep up when I am going through this. Although when I look at him I know its all worth it.
I read about the L-Tyrosine with b6 so I will try that tomorrow when I go back to work. I have the day off today.
Let me know how it goes for you. I have been reading this forum for awhile but never posted until today
I had a 20 a day habit of hydro for 2 years and 1 year with ultramm. The Ultramm was the worst with depression I just couldn't handle it. I went cold turkey with hydro and felt miserable and always started again. In April I started to tapper with Darvocet N 100 for almost 3 weeks it kept me feeling ok but not great, The darvocet stopped the runs and I could sleep but I had low energy, I stopped Darvocet on 5/11 and my w/d were tolerable still no runs and no sleep for maybe 2 days but I still had no energy my depression wasn't bad either. I stayed off for about 3 weeks but still had bad cravings. I started again!!!!! very stupid on my part. Darvocet helped me a lot and could be the reason your feeling ok I don't have exper. with oxy's but Ultramm was the worst for me, keep tappering everyone different but it helped me with the w/ds. Terri
Sorry to butt in on this thread but I really need some help right now. I posted this a few days ago but didn't get many responses.  I came to this site last September looking for help getting off of oxycontin. I'm glad to inform you all that I successfully quit and haven't touched the **** since then....but I soon picked up another habit-Lorcets. Before I knew it I was up to 4 a day when I found out I was pregnant. I was 3 months when I found out and since then I tapered down to 3 for a little while, then to 2, then to 1, then to 1/2 and now I'm down to nothing. I took my last 1/2 last Friday. I'm 28 weeks pregnant now. I know I should've told my dr. but I was so scared that my baby would be taken away from me when I delivered. I've heard so many horror stories of babies being taken away from mothers and I just did not want that to happen to me. I was wondering if my baby will still go through withdrawals when he is born? I'm so scared of the damage I've done to my little man. Does anyone know what effects this could have on him?  How do ya'll think this will effect my baby? Any light shed on this matter will be greatly appreciated. I'm just so scared.
Hi Jennypete. I think if you are not on the drug when the baby is born then there should be no withdrawal. Its only when you are still using that thwe baby has the drug in its blood stream. But I am not a doctor.
I am untrusting of doctors. If your off the vics and are for the rest of the pregnancy I wouldn't say anything. I have not told my doctor about the Ultram. I have not told my husband about it either. I told him I had the flu this weekend.
About the affect of the vics on the baby, I had a big bump removed from my arm when I was 4 months pregnant and the doctor gave me vicodin for pain and said it would not hurt the baby.
You are wonderful for quitting because of the baby. I am trying to get off Ultram because we want to have another baby. I won't be pregnant and on drugs. But its just so hard. But between wanting another baby not having any more mmoney for ultram and taking 15 a day I just can't do this anymore
O.k To All, I guess who ever logs on will read what I have about this place shutting down for a while starting 6/30 can anyone and everyone who knows what other site is available like this????? This is the only one I have visited... Thank You Terri
I know I responded to you before.  You would have to be using up to when you give birth for your baby to experience withdrawals.  Like I stated, your baby will not experience withdrawals if you already have quit.  Make sure you maintain that status and your baby will be fine.
Good luck Jenny!  I hope all goes nice and smoothly for you!  I am sure you will do fine since you have been so strong already.  Pammy
I also believe that your baby will be fine. When I was 8 months pregnant I broke my arm and was prescribed vicodin. I did not take it, it was back before I ever discovered the hellish nightmare of a love affair with a pain pill. However, I can't see them prescribing something that would have been harmful for the baby. Just for another example, my cousin actually took tylenol 3's throughout her entire pregnancy because they were the only thing that worked for her migraines and all was well with her too. You have 12 weeks to go yet, I'm sure it will all be out of your system as well as the babys'. Great job getting off the stuff by the way. You should be very proud of yourself.
http://forum.onecenter.com/friends_ah/
This one is great, it's a small forum started by Amber from here.

http://drugabuse.com/boards/
There's also a lot of people from here on this one.
I will really miss this place. I feel like I'm missing out, I've been reading the comments for months even though I just started posting a week ago. Very sad. I hope everyone on here keeps posting somewhere else so we can all stay in touch.
gosh darn it, i learned sooooooo  much by visiting this forum, even helped more than my narcanon meetings!....say it ain't so!!!!, and if this never comes back, godspeed to all and hope we find another place as 'warm" as this
Amazing that this place is shutting down. 18 days clean, my life in order MUCH of it due to the musings of people on this site. Should have known. Getting high was always so easy, getting clean so damn hard. Why does it matter if the generic doctors monitor this site or not? No offense to them, I am sure they mean well, but a monkey could punch in some of their answers. Well, maybe not any monkey but I'll wager Curious George could do it.  God bless everyone and good luck!
Y CAN'T THEY JUST STOP THE DOCTOR'S QUESTIONS AND LET US ALONE...WE NEED THIS PLACE.....LET US TAKE CARE OF OUR SELFS...WE NEED EACH OTHER'S SUPPORT...JUST A THOUGHT...JACK
actually, they have let this forum run without doctors. But I think they may have reasons for dropping it connected to operating costs, etc. and the doctors leaving gave them a good opening to terminate the board.

Thomas
they must see the good that comes from this board....we need to talk it up..maybe it will help...i hate to see it go...i have been comming here for years...this is my online venting place,it helps so much..Oh and by the way i'm 22 days clean today......."smile"
I think the talk would need to be accompanied by willingness to subscribe to the board on a fee basis.

Thomas
I agree.  I just don't think they feel it's worth it to keep it up.  Like Thomas said, they have run without doctors before.  There was a long period after Dr. Steve left that they were up and running.  If anyone would like options, email me at ***@**** and I will help you out.....anytime.
This is sad! I just found this not too long ago and I love it! Jack, I am going to miss everyday you add to your sobriety! I look forward and smile every time you say you have another day clean! Keep it up! I am so happy for you! For lack of better words, YOU GO BOY! LOL! Where is Doner? I can't help but wonder if she is OK! Doner if you read this please respond! I have been praying for you! I think about you all the time! I pray you are OK! Where are you going to go for support? My email is ***@****! I've been where your at and please don't hesitate to email!
Everyone else too, This stinks! I have been at drugabuse.com and there are alot of nice people. Some not so nice people too, but everywhere you go is going to be someone who drives you nutz! I'm sure I drive people nutz too! I dunno? I try to be helpful though! I was going to ask if you can post pictures but i don't think ya can here. I like pictures, it's kinda fun to see what people you share your DEEPEST DARKEST SKELETONS IN YER CLOSET WITH LOL! That is one thing you can do on drugabuse.com. But when ya think about it, do you want to put your picture on a site that says DRUGABUSE.COM? LOL! I suppose it's better than a milk carton!I wish there was a way! KIMH
Kim, read the posts Thomas03 did on the thread above this one. On the forum he gave the URL to, we post pictures and we have real time chat, along with the posts we do.

If you need any help getting there just drop me an email and I will help you.  ***@****
It's me again.  LOL. I meant to include the URL to the forum's main page in cause you want to read the other sections we have, like Chit Chat, Jokes, Music, Pictures, Caretakers area, etc., but I spaced on it. (Heh, can I blame it on drugs?) Thomas03 put up the URL to the Issues Discussion area of our forum, which deals with serious issues like our MedHelp posts do.

The URL is:

http://pub177.ezboard.com/bpainaddictionwithdrawalhelpandsupport

Again, if you have any problems getting signed up on EZboard or into the forum, just drop me an email and I'll troubleshoot it for ya, so you can get in there with the rest of us.  Hope to see y'all soon. :)

MrsRat, Thomas Redux, Suzneedshelp, JesseSarpySharonver, Bungee7, and Insight  The Admin/Moderators of PAWS
Hi, Nancy -  I've always loved your forum, but guess I've hung around med-help more because it's more about users and their trials and experiences, and yours is more about recovery.  OK - I think I'm finally ready to join the recoverers...smile.  At least, I'm gonna try. Momma, I'm coming home.  I love you, Lisabet
I left the front door unlocked and there's some Pepsi in the fridge Lisa.  Come home, pull up a chair, and sit on the floor pretty lady.  We've all been missing you bunches!
Its about time!!Come on in the waters fine!!!Just dont get in the warm spots!!!I just e'mailed you sweetie!They're looking for you at drugabuse board!!Now if we can get Billly to post more with you at paws  and everyone else we can still be goofie but good!!Love ya sweetie..Jerri
First off my name is Bill not Billly with three L's LOL
I would love to post over there but no one is there at 2 o'clock in the morning. I will wait on ya! Bill