Loritab Withdrawals
I am on day 2 of withdrawals from Loritab 7.5. Have been taking it on & off for about year. In between I took Tylox & Stadol. I am Bipolar II and take Neurotin 1800mg, Effexor 150mg, Ambien 10mg & Allegra 180mg. I can't take anyy stimulants, even Centrum Performance viatmins. I also have terrible migranes. I normally take Imitrex or Maxalt. I had a DHE injection yesterday for the headache. My skin started crawling immediately and had to take a Xanax to calm down.  Still a little agitated today.  What kind of withdrawal symtoms, other than headaches, can I expect?
I am truely sorry for the post and appolgize for my comments. I did miss the post from Thomas,Im usually not like that but w/ds blasted me with a quick case of male pms or something.
Bad moods are to be expected and enjoyed by all here. Don't sweat it guys.

Good luck to both of you in your detox process and may God bless.

GOD BLESS YOU GUYS!

God Bless you guys!

Rex ;-)
Thankx for your post,just a little mood swing,it has passed. hope alls fine for you and your life. We need people like you to straighten us up once in a while. Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!
Hi guys,
Thanks for all of your replies.
Thank you for introducing yourself Lifeisbetter! I'm a 20 yr old female from Maine and have been doing opiates straight for about 2 years. Well, It looks like I got through the worst part (and it WAS BAD!) I took 2-3 baths a day and slept through most of it. The second night, I had gotten so much sleep, I had a rough time falling asleep again, so I took two Klonopin and drank some nighttime cough surp. I woke up today and the aches and pains seem to be gone away, my body doesn't feel as relaxed as it does when I'm on pain killers, i'm a little antsy, but atleast I don't have the excruciating pain that I did yesterday. It wasn't until I was almost getting sick that I realized how bad I had let my situation get. Not a fun thing at all. Now all I have to do is fight these cravings I am having. The thing that is holding me back the most from taking them is thinking about how bad it was going through withdrawals! But i'm fighting and hopefully I will win. Thanks to you all whom replied, I appreciate it very much! I will write to the individual who posted above via e-mail, just incase! Thanks again. -Sis

You should definately stop crushing those oxys and take them whole. Try that for a few days first.

What exactly do you take every day?

Try to drop just one drug at a time. Id start with the oxys (theyre the strongest) but thats just me.. can you get 40s or 20s? You said you take 2 oxy 80s a day? Try to drop to 60 or 40 for a week and see how you feel.. It seems big cuts at the begining are easier than big cuts at the end.

How many hydros a day do you take?

I would definately recomend checking with a doctor if you have any medical issues.

God Bless
DM
Sorry to jump in on this thread. I couldn't start a new one today. I haven't been on the site for a while, but it has given me great support in the past.

A question: My usage has gone up a great deal in the past few months. I am now taking between 20 - 30 Norco (10 mg.) a day. I've gone cold turkey a couple of times in the past. It was hell and unfortunately only lasted for 3 weeks at the longest. I wasn't taking nearly as much at the time, however. Do I need to be concerned from a medical standpoint about going cold turkey again? I am not sure how capable I am of tapering, but also am concerned about any risk from quitting from that high of a dose.

Thanks to all out there for your posts!
If you need info on how to seek an addictionologist in your state, email me, and I can get you that info.

***@****
IM TAKEN 2 80 MGS A DAY OF OXYCOTINS, NO OTHER DRUGS BESIDES THE OXYS AND AS FAR AS ME HAVING ACCESS TO THE MEDICATIONS I NEED, , IM VERY CAREFUL ABOUT IT. I DO NOT MIX THEM,IT IS WAY TO DANGEROUS FOR ME TO MIX AND MATCH WITH THE HEALTH CONDITIONS I HAVE, BESIDES I HAVE 2 BOYS AGES 3 AND 5 TO WORRY ABOUT AND A 3RD ON THE WAY , WHAT IM GONNA DO IS START TAKEN THE OXYS WHOLE TOMORROW AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS , AFTER THAT IF THAT WORKS FOR A FEW DAYS ILL START TAKEN THE LORCETS FOR A WEEK OR SO,AND THEN TRY CUTTING DOWN FROM THAT,IF I CAN CAUGHT DOWN FROM THE OXYS TO LORCETS THEN I THINK ILL BE OK , THE ONLY THING THATS KEPT ME FROM QUITTING BESIDES THE FACT THAT I LIKE THEM IS THE PANIC ATTACKS(LOL)IM AFRAID TO USE THE METHADONE BECAUSE IVE HEARD THINGS ABOUT IT THAT SCARED THE **** OUT OF ME,BESIDES I HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE AFTER DETOX FROM IT , I WAS NOT DETOXED THE RITE WAY AND WHEN I GOT OUT OF DETOX , I WENT RITE BACK TO OPIATES CAUSE THE PAIN WAS SO BAD,I THINK THAT 5 DAYS WAS NOT ENOUGH TIME TO DETOX FROM 160 MG A DAY OXYCOTIN HABIT, PLUS , I THINK IT TOOK ME MONTHS UNTIL I FELT NORMAL AGAIN AFTER THE METHADONE,THAT METHADONE FELT LIKE SOMETHING MENTALLY HAPPENED TO ME AFTER IT,I DID NOT LIKE IT,ALSO I WENT TO SLEEP THIS MORNING AND I THINK I WENT INTO A SEIZURE LIKE STATE , WHEN I WAS MID WAY A SLEEP, MY BODY AND SPEECH TOTALLY FROZE , I WAS TRYING TO SCREAM FOR HELP AND COULDNT MOVE, THEN FINALLY I STARTED FEELING EVERY THING AGAIN AND MY SPEECH CAME BACK TO ME,THIS IS LIKE THE 3RD TIME THIS HAPPENED TO ME IN 3 WEEKS,ITS USUALLY HAPPENS TO ME WHEN I AM REAL TIRED, BUT MY DOCTOR TOLD ME IT COULD BE BECAUSE I AM REAL TIRED OR THE SLEEP APNEA COULD CAUSE IT WHEN I STOP BREATHING TEMPORARILY. BUT IM GONNA KEEP TRYING TO GET BETTER IF I DONT DIE BEFORE THAT(LOL)IT SEEMS THAT NEW THINGS KEEP DEVELOPING WITH ME AS TIME GOES BY,REALLY ANNOYING, IM SO TIRED OF WORRYING,SO NOW I JUST DONT GIVE A **** ANYMORE,AT FIRST I THOUGHT THE SEIZURES WERE DREAMS, BUT I REALIZED YOU CANT HAVE THE SAME DREAM 3 TIMES(LOL) ANYWAY THANKS FOR EVERY THING GUYS AGAIN ILL TALK TO YOU TOMORROW AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND THE PERSON I TALKED TO A FEW DAYS AGO FROM GREENWICH EMAIL ME AND MAYBE WELL GO OUT FOR A COUPLE OF COKES (SODA) ALSO MY WIFE IS PREGNANT, SOME ONE TOLD ME I COULD ALSO BE FEELING HER SYMPTOMS AS WELL , HOW TRUE IS THIS, THANKS EVERY ONE , HAVE A GOOD NITE , LATA..........
Sorry about the spelling. I type one fingered too.......              J.E.W.
Hi suzie, hope your feeling better today! Did ya see that old post? Im not sure what the hells going on with that e-mail **** because Im so comp. illit. Ill talk to ya soon. Maybey you can tell me if this is a w/d symptom? Ever since you asked me that question, my johnson works, but my boat motor wont run.Smile & Have a nice day! By the way its give your children an extra hug day!
How you doing today? I think its not pms its menapause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {JUST JOKING} Hope your doing great.. Day 10 coming up tommarow How wonderful it is....I went back to work today and actualy enjoyed it.. Feeling pretty good rigt now.. Anyway I was just wondering how you were doing with wife & children?  Take care my friend.             God Bless!!!!!!!!     J.E.W.
How very thoughtful of you to think of my family and I while your going through a very tough time in your life! You sound like (suzieneedshelp) cause shes always thinking about other people before herself. Anyway, my family and I are doing fine.I got a good laugh at the male menopause joke, Im getting a part of my sence of humor back that the opiates took away, I was just teasin (suzieneedshelp) yesterday and cracked myself up. Right On...10 days huh, and liking work? Doesnt get much better than that saying doesnt apply here huh? I took today off on vaca. cause I worked thru day,1,2,3,(brutal, but self inflicted) day 6 this morning for me. Whats the worst addiction is, keepin my left index finger off the caps lock key,not to offenend anyone,Im gonna conjure up some kinda recipe to help me thru....... Ill keep ya posted! Wishing you and your family well,your post,MADE MY DAY! WHOOPS, im gonna have ta change my nicname to (RELAPSE CAPS)
I have used/abused opiates for large part of my life and w/d from abuse deprives you of sleep until your body can adjust.I now only sleep 2-3 hours per night,@ 6 days opiate free. Ive talked to hard core addicts that have said they went up to  14 days with none in treatment. I, myself have had U.P.P.P surgery for sleep apnea (thats where they cut the soft pallet and the uvula out of the roof of your mouth and throught). My point being,your problems are compounding(after reading more of your posts) Please seek medical attention! DONT TRY THIS ON YOUR OWN!
Hey man...YOU are way too kind!  but ty for the compliment!  You crack me up too >  Check yur e=mail lata..
Suzie
Today is day 4 of no hydrocodone. Last night was awful, I felt so uncomfortable, but the valium and tylenol PM helped me sleep. Today I'm feeling OK, very slugish and fatigued though. The night time is the worst as far as cravings and physical pain go. And on top of everything else, I have the worst toothache. I'm getting through this and will be returning to work tommorrow(a day earlier than planned). I guess tommorrow will be the real test, if I can keep from using or not. I may go to an NA meeting tonight...if not I will go to the one down the street from my house on Thursday night.

-Anthony
You go girl!!! It gets better everyday. Good
luck at work tomarrow. Just take it slow. It does help getting out of the house. I went back yesterday it was day 9 for me. It went pretty good. I think I stressed myself worrying if I could. But it wasnt bad at all. When I got home I actualy felt better than I have in along time.. My prayers are with you hon.           God Bless!!!         J.E.W.
Bungee...definately go to a meeting you might like AA better...they have addicts there too and my personal experience was better at AA...more mature crowd and seemed to have what I want...but chose what feels good for you, if you dont like it try another step program or another meeting...Good luck...
I got alot of toothaches too. Try some Advil try 2 first no, Anthony, 4 is not necessarily better, try 2 first  :0)
Believe it or not Advil works wonders. So does ambesol. I'm so proud of you, you will never know how much!
hey rex how is life treating you.
i hope all is well. and as my daa
alawys says   IT GETS BETTER AND BETTER.!.
i was just thinking about you and i miss
all the poating you did in nov and dec.
anyway peace to you and your's hippy//michael.

bungee, ya the 1st week is a killer, the uncomfortable
nights were the worst for me. i think i set a record that week for flipping over in my bed at night flipping and flopping up and down, in the tub out of the tub , back into the tub.
one night i was thinking of juast staying in the tub and reading all night, but i came to my senses and realized it was just crazy thinking,
i know you will be feeling better soon. you are through most of the hard stuff.
peace !!!!!hippy
I have been here, but In Nov and Dec I was off work.

Back to life, back to reality!

I have been reading mosts posts here most days and posting as much as I can. So many new people, so much pain. I wish I could take it all on me, and magically free every single person everywhere of this scourge!

We will have to give that job over to the Lord though. How are you feeling these days? I thank you again for your help in my early days, and for lately as well.

Still battling the anxiety depression thing that pops up out of the blue, but God must be training me up for something, so it's all good, even though I hate it beyond description when it hits me.

God Bless you...

Rex
good to hear from you.
i am dooing very well.
lots of miricles happining.
it is unbeleivable.
my knee pain is gone for now due to
streching and advill and a little divine intervention.
as always good to read you post.
i wish you well in all things,
you are in my prayers.

peace!!!!!!!!!!hippy__-------your freind michael
If possible, I would take tommorrow off too - that will be a critical day for you - day 5.

You should be putting all of your attention into yourself for the next two days. Added pressure will risk your detox.

Just my experience - put off everything you can for the next two days!

Good luck,

Rex
I was curious what type of bad experience you had with Methadone? I have tried it twice and both times it has worked amazinglyb well.  Plus it lasts in your system a really really long time.  If it was more convenient to go on Methadone maintenance I would consider it.  I'd really like to hear more about your experience with Methadone if you are willing to share it.  Thanks and I hope you aer doing ok today.
KICK EM IN THE CROTCH!!! The cravings that is. They DO go away but only with your help. Consume your time with anything & everything to keep your mind off of getting/ taking pills. EXERCISE. You have come a long, long way. I'll bet you 7 days seems like 7 years huh? Probably because that's how many years of your life you just saved...at least. Good job!!!

FINISHED!!
We all feel that way at this stage. But just remind yourself of how much your future holds for you clean!!!!!!!! Its so much easier getting up and not worrying where your going to get those pills,Am I going to run out, And on and on.. It consumes our lifes. Stay clean. Go for a short walk,watch a movie,buy yourself something, anything to get your mind off of the would ifs. There bad news..  You can do this. You have so much love and support here how can we lose.. This is a battle but we can win.... Ill be praying for you..   God Bless you Hon.                J.E.W.
Hey, Anthony,  I just got home from work and I'm reaaly glad to see your post & that you're still on course (DAY 6). I'm curious, though, I thought ALL your pills were gone. Do you have more now? Did you give into the cravings & call in a script? If so, you 've GOTTA get rid of them... I'm telling you it's very dangerous to have them in the house! (been there). I'm relieved that you hurled up the 'just taken one', but those evil ******* will haunt you & tempt you beyond what you can imagine right now -- don't be in denial about this. Sort of coming out of the worst feelings physically from w/d'l symptoms is Prime Time for the cravings to begin. Don't go there. Are you in Miami or SOBE? I'd like for you to email me @ ***@**** - I'd like to correspond confidentially.
Take care - M.
Wow, 7 days! That is great. I know what you mean about the cravings...I'm on day six and the cravings consume my days. I hope it will pass real SOON! Congrats, and stay strong!

-Anthony
Hello eveybody,

I am 6 days clean today, I am so proud of myself. I want to use so bad, and I know I could so easily....but I haven't. It's a good feeling to be sober, it's kind of weird, my body is still adjusting I guess. I hope I don't relapse because no matter what anybody says for me being high feels better than anything else, but I know I can't use! Wish me luck,

-Anthony
Hey Bungee, I didnt know that we were so close in the sober days count. You 6/me 7.  We now can be alot of help to newcomers by sharing our story and offering our advice.  Congrats to you on day 6, how are you feeling so far?   Cravings are the worst for me and the thinking that I can go out there and just get 1 more script to have fun with ya know?   Stay in touch bro.
Hey Chi,

I'm doing okay. Cravings are bad but I will find something to replace them with. I'm going to beat this, and I know you will to. I know I could get my itchy's(my nickname for hydrocodone)anytime I wanted. I choose not to, I took one today...but as soon as I did I regreted it, and made myself throw-up to get rid of it. I want to be sober and I will succeed with the help of family, friends, NA and of course all of you. I have been sleeping ok only because of Tylenol PM tho...tonight i'm going to try sleeping with out that, see how it goes! I'll keep in touch,

-Anthony
Hey congrats - way to go, its all down hill from here...

Rex
No, I don't have anymore pills. I just happened to find one in my desk today! My email won't work for some reason so you can email me at ***@**** and hopefully i'll be able to respond back on my computer at work tommorrow! Thanks,

-Anthony
Hi, Anthony. Thanks for the response. I'm SO glad you don't have any left! I'll email you in the AM. Getting late here in Atlanta & my other half is telling me to come to bed (still not sleeping too well @ 17 days off Lortab). Looking forward to emailing & talking to you more. YOU'VE DONE GREAT! Keep it up!
Later
-M
Hey guys, ChiGirl checking in to finally say "I DID IT!"  Its day 7 of no pills for me.  My WD's werent as bad as I thought them out to be, mind you I was taking upwards of 15-25 Norcos 10 per day - you would think that I would of had really terrible WD's but over the past few weeks I was able to bring myself down to 3-4 pills per day so it made it more tolerable.
I was able to take a few days off of work and basically sit at home feeling pretty terrible the first 3 days, nausea, diarrhea, extreme lethargy, extreme restlessness, you name it, but I did it and I am feeling pretty OK with it today.  But, however there is a downside to all this, I have extreme cravings now, all the time, all day long. I cant get the feeling of getting more pills out of my head and its driving me insane, I keep thinking to myself, itll be OK to just go and get some "mild" painkillers like Tylenol 3's and just use them for a few days. But I know I cant, itll ruin everything that I have done so far and put another added strain on my marriage.  My husband was getting really fed up with me using pills, when I was detoxing he confessed to me that he was worried all the time that he'd come home from work one night (works a late shift) and find me either unconcious or dead, and he'd constantly wake up in the middle of the night to see if I was breathing normal.  What a guy huh?
Anyways, thanks to all my forum friends out there who have so graciously posted words of encouragement, Rex & Suzie (You 2 are the absolute best!, I cant wait to finally meet you face to face one day!) Erika-Ann, Thomas (special words of thanks to your wisdom) Lisabet (by the way, how are you?), OneStep (please post soon, I am worried about you!), TCE37 (Where are you?) Bungee, and everyone else.  A big hug and kiss to all my friends who helped me.  I will eternally be grateful for your unconditional support.   CHITOWNGIRL.
It's been 7 days. One whole week!!! I can't believe it. I am still having awful cravings...I hope they pass soon. I'm going to my second NA meeting tonight. Thank you all for your kind words and support over the last few weeks...I appreciate it.

-Anthony
Wow... i am soo proud of both of u guys!  Interesting that u r at similar points!  Maybe ya'll ned to exchange numbers so u can help each other cuzz out those dayum cravings!
Ya'll i am at day 113 and i still have em bad.   But i was addicted for over 10 year straight!  I am going to th eDr. tomorrow so for all my preachin i need to be strong now and not get sumfin that will set ME back.
PEACE ADN PRAISE TO YOU !  See all the confetti and balloons out yur windows?!  Thats for u!  You have earned it...
SUZIE
Chitown, Anthony - I'm so absolutely proud of you!!! You are stronger than you think, especially since you're doing this in spite of your incredible cravings. I'm doing OK - but still not completely drug free.  

...but - everybody - I found the most incredible book "The Diet Cure" by Julia Ross. It's an 8-step program to rebalance your body chemistry due to drug or alcohol abuse, overeating, mood swings, etc. It has a quick-symptom questionnaire to determine if you're suffering because of depleted brain chemistry, blood sugar, thyroid, food allergies, hormones, etc. and directs you to a diet and amino-acid/vitamin regimin.  As most addicts probably have, the questionairre determined I had depleted brain chemistry. The last few days I've been taking L-tyrosine (as in Thomas' recipe) and l-glutamine (for cravings), lots of fish and some chicken, vegetables but not a lot of carbs (no sugar or white flour products).  It's too soon really to tell, but seems like I feel more calm and balanced. It's an easy to read book (for those of short attention span, like me)...smile, but it's loaded with lots of common sense information.  I've read tons of books on diet and addiction, and this is the only one that has really made any sense to me.  I urge everyone to go out and buy it, it's in soft-cover for $12.95.  I'm seldom very passionate about anything...but trust me on this one.  Ok - off my soapbox...smile.  Everybody have a great day and upcoming weekend.  Love ya all, Lisabet
Hi. I just found this site in the midst of my first day without.  I was on Vicoprofen 7.5, and Lortab 7.5s for about 21 months for head and neck pain. My Doctor sent me to a pain clinic, and the woman there, while I was in about 7 out of ten pain, said I had no pain. Basically she thought I was full of it. Now I don't know where my pain ends, and withdrawal begins. I read all the stuff posted on this site and just took a hot bath. I'm also still taking, Elavil, Klonopin, and Nuerontin. I had about ten pills left when I got notice that the were cutting me off. So I did try to taper. I averaged between 3 and 6 pills a day. I just didn't want to be in pain anymore. Now I know I couldn't take them forever, but I had no idea it was going to be this tuff. I do take the minerals and B vitamins. I also have Episodic Cluster Headaches. Right now my insides are crawling, and I can't sleep. Is there anyone out there now that can give me more tips?
Thomas YOU DA' KING,
  Don't know aboht your spiritual life but God has placed you here like some others to help those suffering. You have given so much love and time. Your reward is coming, you have too much love to miss it.
  Are you OK?
    B'Belt
You almost have to live in that tub for first 4 to5 days. Walks help to we need the exercise (this was hard for me I thought everyone was watching me and knew what I was going through. The fresh air helps. I think staying inside is not good because we tend to dwell on everything. Read a book,watch a movie,anything to keep your mind off the pills. I had trouble consentrating so I took it like ten mins. at a time at first. Its actualy like a very bad flue bug. It does get better with time.. Im on day 17 today. I go to work and actualy enjoy it again.I was lucky and took ten days sick leave. If theres anything else I can help you with let me know. Oh the Thomas receipe helps alot.. Ill be praying my friend..        God Bless...    J.E.W.
Hi, I have had fusion surgery in my neck and have been taking ahydrocodone pretty consistantly for the past year. I also have dealt with depression in the past. I presently take a half of a 10/500 sometimes more but no more than 1 and a half tablet in a day. I would say there is a slight level of dependancy from the standpoint that when i was running out I was un -happy about it. Mainly because even after taking only a half of one tablet -it changes my whole view of the world. I am optimistic, ambitious,determined.  I did experience some mild withdrawal when i stopped  for a while not to bad. I showed some concern to my neurosurgeon about my possible addiction and i told him my dosage and he laughed. he claimed that was nothing - don`t worry about it. The problem is I dont take it just for pain nor do I take it for just a buzz, It helps me. I just came on here because I went to my family doctor  and he just gave me 4 refills on 10/500 120 count bottles and i was concerned that even though I use them responsibly as far as not over doing it.  That there would be a strong chemical dependancy to over come. I am not an overly addictive person in the sense that if something is making me feel sick or not doing what it is suppose to be doing I stop. I think I know what the response is going to be or whether that will have an effect on what i decide to do. Does only taking them evrey third or fourth day have an effect on your dependancy on them . In other words can you control the use of this medication and use it responsible and regularly..
Lottojoe
Hi.  I am 29 years old and have had 2 surgeries on my back (fusions, rods, screws) and 1 on my neck in the past year and a half.  I am a proud mother of 2 boys.  I have been taking Loratab 10 for a year now.  I only take 1 sometimes 1 1/2 a day.  I have been off of them for 3 days now.  I can honestly say that my body feels like hell.  I constantly feel like every muscle in my body needs to stretch (no matter what), I feel nervous, my jaw hurts from all of the tension in it, and I get cold frequently and my palms sweat all of the time.  I thought that I was just using them reponsible.  I hurt (neck and back)  I have been taking advil and I still hurt, but it takes the edge off of the pain.  Most inportantly, no matter what, I make myself get up and do something. Just to move around is helping me.  I clean, go to town, something.  So, yes.  Your body will develope a dependency on just the little bit.  Everyone says that I am doing good.  That most people are taking more at my stage after surgery.  But I am tired of them.  I have a friend who had/has a problem with pills and I DO NOT want to end up like that.
Hi guys... I've been taking 7-8 Lortab 10s a day for the last 2 years or so. I've detoxed twice (once because I was going to europe and didn't want to take them on the plane and once because I needed to pass a  drug test for a job and I'm paranoid). Both times I detoxed I knew that I'd be going back to them but this time I know I want to quit for good. I took my last pill about an hour ago and am going to begin detoxing tomorrow. In the past Tylenol-1 (with codeine) has helped me get through the worst of it so I picked some of them up from canada this afternoon. I'm telling myself that the first day will be rough and the second will be better and the one after that better... in the past I've been 75% back to normal after the first day. I'm a huge poker player (pretty successful too) so I'm thinking of going to the casino to keep my mind off it tomorrow. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated... I'm really scared but I know this is my time.
I am a wife and mother of a toddler and my husband had admitted he is addicted to loritab. I have spoken to him about getting some help with his addiction and promised him that I would be there every step of the way.
He has stolen all of my finest jewelry, keeps away from family members, now he has left me here with our daughter and will not accept my calls or even come home. What do I need to do? Should I try to forget about him and that he needs help and move on with our lives (divorce) or should I wait it out? Please advise? I want to be helpful but can I if he does not want the help?
The original post date for this thread is very old (almost 5 years). These people aren't here anymore. Start a new post of your own. It will increase the amount of help you get :-)
Greatgreebo
Right now he is ticked off at anything and everything.  I am a Vicodin/Lortab addict and know how it feels.  Have you ever heard the saying hurt the one you love??  Right now he is just trying to figure it out.  When my husband was on me about taking too many Vicodin or even that he thought I was addicted it made me so made and I gave him the silent treatment, but I knew he was right.  I just did not want to accept it.  Give him a little time to sort this out.  Don't give up on him yet.  Give him his space, but let him know you are there if he needs you.  Most of all, just take care of your child and try not to let your child know anything is going on.  That is the fun part of being a mom, we have to be an actress to assure them that everything is fine even if it is not.  Good luck!  If you need to talk, let me know.
all of you are such caring people.  i am so impressed with the positive energy that emanates from this forum.  most importantly you are real and honest regardless if it sounds nice.  the true intentions you have come through as rays of hope to all of us who are struggling along this journey of life hoping for a life free from the prison of addiction.  

i am on day 3 free from pills.  except the midol for my monthly friend. who just had to visit on day 2!  i was in a car accident in 04 and began taking loritabs for pain. i could only take a half at a time or i would vomit. oxys became available and i would break an oxy 40 up into 4 pieces for the day.  my mother a RN warned about the dangers of oxy and i stopped taking them.  all the symptoms that have been posted were felt. i bet i could have competed with the one who posted the flip flop in the bed comment.  reading that made me lol.  luckily mom had a few tylenol 3 to help me with the detox.  somehow i have continued to take loritab 10.....moved up to 6-7 a day.  i slowly tapered down to only 1 a day then a hydro 5 mixed with aceto and finally broke those in half.  again, i am on day 3 free from pills.  i am afraid of the social anxiety that i feel and fear that i will miss how my pills helped me relax and laugh.
I have been taking lortab 10's for atleast the past 5 years and when I haven't had those I take vicodin, darvacet, percocet, methadone or what ever I can get.  I also have an addict husband who has abused oxy's and tylox for atleast 20 years.  He has been to rehab many times and has relapsed everytime.  We have been married for 10 years and have an 8 year old son.  I took my last three lortab 10's last night at one time to get rid of them and it has now been 24 hours when should I expect the severe w/d symptoms to start?  Also, my husband is being prescribed metadone since September 2007 and I am wondering how he will deal with stopping those since I have heard the w/d is worse.  I am afraid the w/d from that will drive him back to oxy's.  I must get clean myself then if he doesn't I am going to divorce him even though it will be a great financial challenge.  My son is old enough and very smart so he is catching on that things are not right.  Oh by the way I have been taking 1mg of zanax every 6 hours today does anyone think that has just prolonged my w/d or is it a good idea to continue for the next few days.  I plan to pick up the B6 and the L-Tyrpsome also.
btt
Who ever thought of this site SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!!!! You see I had a bad tooth (REALLY BAD, THE WORSE PAIN IVE WENT THROUGH IN ALL MY 28yrs and 10 months)but i couldn't afford to go get it pulled.Then I started buying them off da streets,(IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CHEAPER IF I WOULD HAVE ASKED FAMILY FOR THE CASH TO GET IT TAKEN CARE OF ) Then my dad passed away of luchemia April of 2010.He was an alcoholic all my life and most of his,I watched him kill him self over drugs and alcohol!To make matters worse my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer years back,and other than smoking she lives life like god wants all of us to live.I moved to Richmond Va to help take care of her and spend as much time with her as I could,got on insurance (state)and got my dental work done,and tried to stop da pills.DIDN'T WORK!!!!My mom was feeding my habbit (While she is fighting cancer if that teels you how good of a person she is and how sorry i was!)then i googled loritab withdraws and found this site,stocked up on vitamins,and tried to quite but relapsed,that was October .Now Then 37 days ago I tried again took a bigger dose of the vitamins,4 hot baths a day for 3or4 days and PRAYED! Haven't had a pain pill since!!!Now my head is clear for how ever long I have left to spend with my mom,my wife who has been drug free and put up with alot from me,and my 2 little boys,ect!And i would still be a junkey if it wasn't for you guys all of you!!!!!!Thanks! P.S. I had been on other drugs (STREET) but the remedy helped me get compleatly clean,I didnt think that was possable,so if anyone has any doubts JUST GET MOTIVATED AND TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!