Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Smoking pot and can it kill you?

I was wondering if smoking pot can lead to death after long term use?
Also, is it as bad as smoking cigarettes?
I don't smoke pot but I've heard that it can be worse than smoking tobacco since one tends to inhale deeper and hold it in longer than cigarette smoke
... only if you get into my stash.
Merry Christmas to all my pals here at MedHelp.

Thanks especially to Cindy and Dr. Horvath for incurring the expense (and the headaches)here. I hope our struggles are of value to you in some way.

Will not be spending Christmas eve or day here, so just wanted to say "hang tough everyone"! May God's Greatest Gift touch you this season.

Rex

you are too funny!
Just in case anybody is checking in....
I wish everybody a Merry Christmas.  It's so sad, but right now, the best Christmas present I could get would be a bottle of percocet.  Isn't that sad/sick/morbid?  Lord help me....
Anyway, I just wanted to let everybody know I love you and believe in you.  You aren't alone at all.  You are each so special and wonderful.  I hope that doesn't sound too corny, because I mean it.  I love each of you.
hey belle i love you to
merry christnas too yoo and yours .
i hope you are feeligng well.
life is good, alway nice to see you posting.
yes thomas is quiet the entertainer with all his experence.
and humor, he is a gift to us all.
all  his posting for this month is like a  christmas gift.
i fing joy in the simple things in life ,like thomas's post
or a good chapter in a book, a funny joke. a good movie.
or just a smile on a child's face.
im so crazy i just love the sunshine in the morning with a cup of coffee.

peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hippy/ michael
Hey Mister Thomas, just wanted to let you know that i had a real special day today. Not the fun kind though.

I phoned the psychologist like i said i would and told her about my stopping some of my meds and my intentions to also stop the benzos. Managed to get an appointment this morning. When i got to the clinic, surprise...surprise...was also included at the meeting ... the psychiatrist who had started me on these drugs 7 yrs ago.

Well, you can imagine that all i saw were long faces and all i heard was *Do not stop your meds!*. Seemed like an intervention but to keep on drugs instead of stopping them...geezzzzz!

I explained to them that i was feeling much less depressed the last 6 months and that was why i had decided to stop anti-depressants. (Never was suicidal or anything...just real depressed a while back.) These drugs had helped me back then but i feel much stronger inside today.

Never did get the chance to talk about stopping the benzos. They lectured me on how important it was to stay on ALL my precribed drugs and so on. They also said that they would lose thier patient-doctor confidence if i refused to continue drug therapy. Actually i found this meeting so morose that i broke down and cried right there. (I'm usually real good at hiding my feelings.) Didn't feel as strong when i left that office.

The good thing is that they agreed to my suggestion about seeing a therapist twice a week and i will begin mid-january.

Sooooo....ima gonna go see that therapist. I have no intention of getting back on anti-depressants and i also hope to wean myself off the triple dose benzos without their knowledge. I want to be drug free and find out why i so much like the opiate feeling and what it is that i'm am really trying to *fix* with them. (Gonna start tapering my benzos starting january.)

It seems kinda weird. I've got to *pretend* i'm taking drugs and meanwhile, with the aid of a therapist who thinks i'm medicated, try to find out about my inner self and why i like them in the first place. Weird...really...weird.

Maybe i'm crazy, maybe i'm not, maybe i should be nuts...maybe it would help!

Take care Mister Thomas,

Whippet
like thomas02 said pot can only lead to death if you try to steal mine

jk just some money would be nice
ya know, Rex1 ole pal, I actually hope you're right about your religious beliefs. Because the God you've depicted so far is a god of love and mercy, and I think we could all do with a little love and mercy from someone with the wherewithall to deliver ...

I hope I didn't repell you by telling you about my Buddhist inclinations. I think -- if man is even capable of apprehending the nature of God -- that different faiths are simply a view of God from different mountain tops. Of course, culture and history are part of it, too. But in essense, I believe that if we're really seeing God, we're all focused on the same God. It simply doesn't make sense that, if the one true creator of the Universe made him/herself known on Earth, it wouldn't absolutely compell everyone's attention the world over. Just different vantage points, that's all. Merry Christmas, my friend!

Thomas
What pathos? A bottle of percs for god's sake? Damn strait that would be one dynamite Christmas present! That stuff will make the glorius sun rise in the dead of night. MMMMMMMMMM. Don't apologize for wanting some percs! Recovery is great, but let's not get carried away. Merry Christmas, Sothernfriend!

Thomas
I just read your post mentioning me. You are a sweetheart! Just to know that someone appreciates me enough to post about it convinces me I'm **** something right. You are really too kind, but I'll accept your comments anyway! Who doesn't need some strokes once in a while? Merry Christmas, dear one.

Thomas
I wouldn't want you to discontinue your drugs right now. Period. Think what withdrawal is going to do to you emotional and intellectual equilibrium. What good is psychotherapy going to do you if you're weired out coming off some drug ... And let's talk about those benzos: wWhat benzo are you talking about? Benzos -- especially Xanax and Ativan -- must be switched to valium, then a gradual tapering program can be undertaken. Xanax and Ativn leave the body fast enough to throw you brain in shock, even petit mal seizures. Take it from me, I had 3 full-blown seizures from abrupt Xanax withdrawal and it's taken me a year to recover. Explore your love or need for opiates first, the, if you still want to, taper off of each drug one at time.