Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Tramadol and weight loss

So I when i started Tramadol i was around 150 to 155 lbs a solid size 10 ( i'm 5'4") Since then I have gone down to a size 4-6 and convinced myself I lost a few pounds and that designers were putting smaller numbers on bigger clothes. Well today i bought a scale (4.99 at Ikea, good deal!) so I hopped on it and I have lost over 20lbs. I was never trying to lose weight and this loss has come upon in the last 6 months. I'm not excercising any more then before can the tramadol just do that? Is it from being up all night? Is this a really bad sign or normal?
I've taken tramadol on and off a few times. I didn't loose weight. I'm not a Dr but I was wondering if you should get a check up with blood work, just to be sure nothing else is going on. 20 lbs in 6 months is alot to loose.
I've also been taking tramadol for the last 6 months or so and have lost about 20 pounds.  I think it is from the drug, even though there isn't a lot of information about tramadol and weight loss that I have found...
Oh Wow!  I have also been taking this for about 6 months and lost about 20 lbs.  I was already a petite 5'2, 123 lbs and now I am 102 lbs. I was prescribed Tramadol for chronic back pain after the birth of my daughter.  After a second opinion, turns out, I probably have scoliosis.  On top of that, I am going through a divorce with a 15 month old and it is very stressful. I am really scared, I don't want to lose any more weight and not sure what to do.  I don't have the appetite that I did before my baby.  I have tried Boost Plus nutritional drinks to help, but they are expensive for me and my situation at the moment.  Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Thanks :)
yes it can cause major weight loss for some and for others it makes them crave sugers and they gain .
Hi....if you need to gain weight, GNC, etc stores have powders that will help you gain weight; I recommend you continue to exercise though because you can't spot gain or spot reduce.

I also believe stress is a major weight loss catalyst for some folks...it is and always has been for me.

Good Luck & Take Care of Yourself,

Guy
Wow, Im glad you lost some weight. I am taking tramadol 100's/ for back pain. But in my pain I havent done alot of anything so I put on some weight...Hate it! Im 5'6 155lbs. Its like all in my stomach too. I just started taking it two days ago...How long till you saw a weight difference?....How many mg are YOU taking?.....Did you loose weight cause it just made you not eat at all, or much less??
lots of questions...thank you