Fear of food - anaphylaxis
Please please help me... I'm 20 years old female and I think I have anxiety and definitely phobia... Let's get to the point
I never had a food allergy before but since I read you can develop allergy at any age I freaked out
Everytime I eat nuts or fruits or foods that's considered dangerous for allergies I panic for the next 30 minutes because I'm scared I will get anaphylaxis and I will die..
I want you to tell me even if I develop an allergy to nuts for example how likely is it to get anaphylaxis as first sign of allergy? I'm so scared and I live alone so I think that's why I'm so scared..nobody will be able to help me..
If you can help me I will really appreciate it
Hi, you may want to ask your physician these questions and/or post also on the anxiety community for support. Nobody knows how a first reaction will react, or even if one will ever happen -- so many people who test + never even react. There's no real answer. If you've been tested and have no signs of a nut allergy, it's not worth causing yourself stress wondering if you may develop one.  C~