Allergies - Food Community
940 Members

New to food allergies, what can I eat?

Hi everybody! I just learned I have a lot of allergies, and I am struggeling to find ut what I can and cannot eat. I have egg, wheat, barley wheat, potato, pea, soy bean, kidney bean and cow milk allergy. My friend makes a great bread out of goat cheese, seeds and eggs, but I cannot eat eggs, and I have no idea what to put in it in stead. Also, do anyone have any great tips as to what else I can do or make, or maybe for a good cookbook for a poor student with a bunch of allergies?

I live in Norway, so we don´t have the biggest choice in food, but I am a big fan of Iherb and other good health food stores, so any tips and help, I will take it! :)

Thank you so much!
I have used muscle testing in the grocery stores to find out what I'm allergic to that day. You should be able to find a local homeopathic doc to teach you how to do it. You will also learn that food allergies are often seasonal so I find it is a good idea to keep muscle testing even after being diagnosed. I create my allergies by eating too much of one food, like corn on the cob when it's in season. I use up all of my stomach's "corn digesters" and so corn just goes yukky in my digestive tract and causes reactions.

There are thousands of recipes online that will help you avoid certain foods and ingredients. I search: "gluten free bread recipes" for example. I'll bet there is someone at your health food store that can point you in the right direction for using locally available foods. I live in Minnesota so our supply of fresh food in the winter is limited to Popsicles.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.