Animal Health - General Forum

Very Urgent please!

My Jack Russel urgently needs a lung transplant.Can you please give me any information on people, wherever in the world, who perform such transplants on dogs.

I would much appreciate that.

Paolo
I am sorry but I am unable to find any information on elective surgery for lung transplant in dogs any where.  I have found lots of research information about using the dog as a model for human lung transplant, and research about the efficacy of anti-rejection drugs in the canine, but that is about it.

If I were you I would contact all the veterinary teaching hospitals in your country and others for information about canine lung transport.  I will try to find out the same information in the United States and will post again in the next few days.
many thanks!!!

best regards

Paolo
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.