Animal Health - General Forum

Weird lump has appeared on face / Picture attached

Just today we noticed our year-and-a-half old boston terrier has a weird growth just above his eye, when we hold him still and poke and prod a bit it doesn't seem to be too sensitive, and it is quite hard feeling. My profile picture is a close up of the lump... anyone recognize it as anything in particular?

I viewed the photo.  It is very difficult to diagnosis dermal lesions from photos, especially on pet's,  because the masses are usually located under hair.  

The mass could be anything from an infected hair follicle, to an abscess, to a histiocytoma,  to the beginning of cellulitis and more.  

It would be best to have the lesion examined by a vet, who can perform a needle biopsy for a definitive diagnosis.
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.