Animal Health - General Forum

heart monitor

My 14 1/2 year old whippet who is 30 lb developed CHF in July. He has been diagnosed with mild to moderate mitral valve prolapse ( since he was 8) and in July his conditioned worsened. One of the epinae(sp) has detached from the valve. He has syncope episodes once every week to 10 days. He is on a lot of lasix, total 80 mgs per day, enalipil 1 1/2 tabs daily or 15 mg, Vetmidin 3x daily. At this point, I just want to keep him as healthy as he can be.
The cardiologist wants to put a heart monitor on him. When I take him to the cardio it is usually a $550 visit which I can't afford. I'm trying to figure out my options and do what is best for him and doesn't break the bank. Any suggestions on can I rent a heart monitor?
Your veterinarian may be able to help you with this.Natural therapies with Co-Enzyme Q10 are also very helpful for canine heart disease.
Dr Carol Osborne, DVM
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.