Arthritis Community

Bony lump on top of hand near wrist between thumb & next finger.

I have a tender non moving bone like lump on top of my hand near my wrist in line between my thumb and next finger. I also have swelling and pain in my wrist and knuckles. Any idea's?
annie50
I have no idea, but have the same thing.  I am going nuts with the discomfort.  Can't get into a hand specialist until the 26th of June.  Have you had any diagnosis yet?  I have burning pain in my thumb and wrist, kunckles seem to be okay, but find I can't button, zip, or do most anything that requires use of my thumb without having pain.  
Your symptoms sound like mine.  I saw my internist and he thought it is a Synovitis/tendonitis type thing.  Ibuprofen, ice and rest is what he has suggested. The lump as not gone down in size. I was having other joint pain, swelling, fever etc. as well.
I saw a rheumatologist last week, she did x-rays and blood work. I've not heard about the results as of yet. She started me on an 8 day Prednisone Rx. I've had great relief in my hands & feet.
It's hard to wait but maybe try ice, rest and Ibuprofen, if you have no issues against using Ibuprofen.
Blessings
I have the same thing now for about 3 years.  I saw the doctor and he told me it was fluid even though it feels hard.  He gave me an anti-inflamatory and told me to put warm compresses on it.  That worked, but it comes back.  In fact it has gone away for months at a time, and then returns for months at a time.  The doctor said that it isn't anything to be concerned about.
can u   email  me  direct    ericisnt26@yahoo i  have   a  lump  similiar  t o  what   u  guys  r  discussing  its  painless  but  annoying
I did a search of internet to find out what I have...same as many of you.  Large bony type lump on top of hand between thumb and forefinger.  Does not give pain, but sometimes pushes thumb down in a strange position which gives a little pain.  I went to a GP here in Panama and he is running blood tests on me but he thinks it is a fat tissue buildup and wants to wait until blood tests come back.  He indicated that a simple surgery might have to be done to remove it.
It is annoying.

Mike in Panama
It might be some type of cyst, that if ya wack it just right it may go away.  I had something like that years ago and I forget what the name of it is, but I accidently wacked it and sure enough it went away.  Of course without seeing it I have no way of knowing what it is. Happy New Year
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches