Arthritis Community

Hip Arthroscopy

I am a 31 year old male that was diagnosed with Hip Osteoarthritis about a year ago after 7/8 years of groin pain!

I have just come out of hospital after having a Hip Arthroscopy done to which they removed loose debris and bone spurs as well as drilling holes in the top of the ball section to promote new cartlidge growth.

What they wouldn't tell me is after having this operation, how much time will this operation buy me before need ing a Hip resurface or a total hip replacement?

I have search everywhere online but cannot find any stories of people saying how they benefitted from having this surgery and how long it lasted...?

Thanks all.

Shaun
Hi Shaun, I've had the total hip replacement, so I can't comment on your procedure. I had avascular necrosis in my hips, so they were too far "gone" to benefit from less drastic measures, but I'm interested to learn any information I can pass on to others. What did your surgeon say?
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches