reactive arthritist

I am 17 years old and its been one year i am suffering from reactive arthritist.I am on DMARDS.In summer I almost did not have any joint pain but winter is a real destruction.I do take NSAIDS sometime but is  there any real strategy for pain management.

This discussion is related to Arthritis in teenagers.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi!
Reactive arthritis is generally secondary to something. So you need to find the cause. It can be secondary to bacterial infections, inflammatory bowel disease, or due to allergic reaction to something you eat or your body comes in touch with. If along with this you have uveitis (eye symptoms) and genitourinary infection, then its part of Reiter's syndrome, which is an autoimmune disorder. Analgesics, steroids and immunosuppressant drugs form the mainstay of treatment.
Please consult your doctor and discuss these possibilities. Take care!

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Arthritis Community

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches