Ask a Nurse Forum

blood test

Hello, I get my period every 32-33 days, and a few times it was up to 36 days. But now I´m on the 40th day and I´m still waiting. Some days ago I took a blood test and there are a few things marked wrong, and I would like to know if it may indicate pregnancy:

Hematids: 3.89 (4 – 5.1) *
Hemoglobin: 12.6 (12 – 16)
Hematocrit: 35.6 (36 – 48) *
Neutrophils: %: 80.4 *
Neutrophils: 7.65 (1.5 – 7.5) *
Lymphocytes %: 13.7 *
Lymphocytes: 1.30 (1 – 4)
Monocytes %: 2.7 *
Monocytes: 0.26 (0.2 – 0.8)

If it´s not pregnancy, what could it be? I´m going to the doctor next week, but I would like to know if someome has any idea of what it could be. Thanks
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

This type of lab work would not tell us if you are pregnant or not.  Did you take a home pregnancy test? They are pretty accurate (especially once you have missed your period) so if you think you could be pregnant then go ahead and test.  You could also ask your doctor to add a blood pregnancy test to your lab work if possible.  Good luck.  

Bridget
Thanks for your reply.

I haven´t taken a home pregnancy test yet because I think the probability of pregnancy it´s very low, but I´ll do it tomorrow because I can´t wait anymore (I´m going to the doctor on Thursday)

The reasons why I think I´m not likely to be pregnant it´s because I was with my boyfriend on 14th May, and I think I ovulated on 26th, because that´s when I noticed more fluids than normal.

Now I´m wondering if it could be a cyst or something, but I´ll have to wait to see what the doctors tell me...
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.