Is this an allergy?

Hello!
I'm a 21 year old female.
For the past month or so, I've had had a reddish dry patch on both sides of my mouth.
No itching or burning, no sores, just slightly reddish patches.
I've tried some moisturizers but no luck. My wedding is coming up, I really need help. There very obvious.
Is it an allergy by any chance? What should I do?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Yes, it could be allergy but it need not be.  Many skin diseases may present in this fashion, that is as an inflammatory “patch”.  The main question to be answered is whether this is or is not infection.  If it is not, then all that may be required is the application of a topical steroid.  However if these patches are infection, antimicrobial therapy would be appropriate.

Given the time constraint of your wedding and the need to look your best, I suggest that you seek assistance from a Dermatology specialist.

Good luck