Asthma and Allergy Forum

Is this an allergy?

Hello!
I'm a 21 year old female.
For the past month or so, I've had had a reddish dry patch on both sides of my mouth.
No itching or burning, no sores, just slightly reddish patches.
I've tried some moisturizers but no luck. My wedding is coming up, I really need help. There very obvious.
Is it an allergy by any chance? What should I do?
Yes, it could be allergy but it need not be.  Many skin diseases may present in this fashion, that is as an inflammatory “patch”.  The main question to be answered is whether this is or is not infection.  If it is not, then all that may be required is the application of a topical steroid.  However if these patches are infection, antimicrobial therapy would be appropriate.

Given the time constraint of your wedding and the need to look your best, I suggest that you seek assistance from a Dermatology specialist.

Good luck
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.