Baby Products Community

Must have products??

I am a first time mom and due in January. I am starting my baby registry & would like to get some input on some must have products for my first baby.....any recommendations??
Burp clothes, wash clothes, stock up on wipees, towels, receiving blankets, socks. The rest of the stuff I would wait til after the baby shower
Sleepers, onsies lots of them. Some newborn but not alot they grow out of them quick!
You seriously go through clothes and blankets so fast so get lots. Also, I have lovedy nursing pillow for more reasons than just nursing. Also, lots of maxi pads!
Yes stock up on maxi pads!! That's one thing no one prepares us for lol they try to prepare us for the birth and welcoming of our babies but tend to forget to remind us of our healing process afterwards. And breast pads if you plan on breast feeding
People  are going to tell you a host things.  You have to decide whether money or baby supplies are important  to you.... If your  having a shower this will  matter.  If you put diapers and wipes and lots of small essentials thats what you will get..
But you  have to consider the people in your circle if they are able buy the  things you put. I put  things  i needed like a Bathtub, bottle sterilizer, Baby monitor..newborn bottle set..diaper bag, bouncy seater..  but  i gave monetary  gift as an option.
I did not put diapers  clothes   or wipes and still got them.  But i prefered gift cards or money. But i chose two different places... babies r us and target. I also  kept gifts within a price range $20 to
$80 dollars...
Snuza. I freaked out about SIDS after my daughter had an episode at 6 weeks old. I put that monitor on her diaper and it is the only reason I have had any sleep since.
For the registry, especially if it's for a shower, I'd put a range of items, some practical, some cute. If other people are willing to buy it, you can get more than just the minimum must-haves. Especially if the baby will have a devoted nursery.

Some big things: car seat, crib, stroller, maybe a pack n play, bath tub? We did a dresser with a diaper changing topper rather than a standalone changer. My in-laws got us the crib, and my parents got me a recliner, so it can be good to put the big stuff on there. People will chip in on bigger things, too.

I also put a bunch of smaller things, like toys and board books. Sheets, mattress pads, hooded towels, some kind of bouncer or swing, or play mat. We got a really cute activity gym from a friend. We didn't put clothes, diapers, or wipes, but received some of each. I only put a few blankets, and got lots. We also added a carrier, a turtle that's a night light and plays "soothing sounds", and some other cute stuff that we got from friends at the shower. Oh, and a diaper genie. I know it seems unnecessary, but when my mom had my littlest sister, it was a life saver, so I added it. Funny enough, my mom got that one for us.

Have fun with the registry. You don't have to buy everything on it if people don't get it for you, but your shower guests will like to have options to choose from.
When you register at Babies r Us, they print out a checklist for you of 'must haves' and 'recommendations'.. I found it very useful!!
Registered for most 'must haves'. I dont think we ll get a lot of gifts but doing through the list helped me research the items.
I first registered in store and then did final registration online. You can see product ratings there and read reviews.
If your going to breastfeed ask for breastfeeding supplies. I got a ton of breast pads but went through those and nipple cream so fast
I would add that if you know anyone who sees to ask them to make you some yard (3 ft) sized receiving blankets made out of flannel. I got one for each of my first two from the hospital and I just loved them since they were much bigger then the ones you buy in the store. I would first offer to buy the material if you don't see yourself. Also I would use about an inch hem in them.
Sews not see, stupid autocorrect