Aa
A
A
A
Close
Baby Products Community
5.09k Members

baby formula or my breast milk?

Is there a baby formula out that will be just as healthy as breast milk?
I originaly had my mind set on breast feeding but as I got more educated on this subject I decided to concider to use formula.
25 Responses
134578 tn?1546634665
Sorry, nothing is as good for the baby as breast feeding.  I'm sorry your 'education' took you away from the idea.  It's easier, less hassle, more sanitary, less clean-up, and far more perfect a food for the baby.  Research even suggests that babies who are breast fed have higher IQs than babies who are not, but how they could prove that I do not know.  

Some women can't breast feed, and some don't want to, but if you can and like it, I sure wouldn't turn away from the idea.
I was a little weird about breast feeding at first. But I eventually decide to do it with my second child. It was the best decision I ever made. My daughter is incredibly smart and has the immune system of a champ. Plus the bonding time is awesome. And it helps with losing that baby weight.
N
Nothing is AS GOOD as breast milk. But there is a formula that quote on quote is "Closer than ever to breast milk", -& that would be Similac Advance, its the blue container.
Please don't let anyone make you feel less than a mom for deciding not to breast feed. I made the decision not to breast feed before I found out that I couldn't with my daughter. She is now almost 6 yrs old. She is so healthy and only ever been sick twice. Her pediatrician said no different than a child that was breast fed. We gave her Similac in the plastic container that is pre made. She had some issues with the powder form when she was first born. It is a little more expensive but well worth it. We are going to start stocking up early for this baby! Good luck and well wishes.
5069617 tn?1366663385
There really isn't a formula out their for an infant that provides the same benefits as breast milk plus breast milk is a lot healthier and safer for your baby.
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365196113
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.