I need a little advice and/or help.
I am 25 years old, male and a weightlifter/gym enthusiast.
Recently, I performed a routine Dead-Lift workout (on a Wednesday) nearly 2 weeks ago.
1.5 days later I had horrible lower back pain where I could not lean forward far and/or lean back.
I thought It was a muscle strain and continued to relax and eat properly and take it easy from the gym.
The pain subsided only a bit moving from both sides on lower back to left lower back and then to right lower back.
I had a checkup with a Doctor to see if it was anything and he said it was muscoskeletal but sent me to mri because I wanted.
After the MRI results are as follows:
- Multilevel Dehydration seen
- Desiccation noted at L2-L3, L3-L4, and L5-S1 Levels
- Prominent Schmorl's nodes at L2-L3, L3-L4, L5-S1.
- Moderate loss of disk space height at L5-S1.
- visualized osseous elements are intact with no evidence of fracture or spondylolisthesis.
- Marrow signals are in normal limits
- Normal lordotic curvature of lumbar spine well maintained.
-Conus Medullaris and cauda equina are within normal limits.
@ L5-S1 central disc herniation indents the ventral thecal sac. Superimposed disc bulge. foramina are narrowed. canal remains patent. hypertrophic facet disease contrib.
@ L4-L5 Disc Bulge seen. Foramina are narrowed. Canal is patent. Hypertrophic facet disease contr.
@ L3-L4 diffuse disc bulge seen. Foramina narrowed. canal is patent.
@ L2-L3 disc bulge is seen. foramina are narrowed.
L1-L2 level is unremarkable.
Incidental note is made of disc bulge at t12-L1. Foramina are narrowed. canal is patent.
I hope someone can shed light on this for me as to how I managed to get this seemingly bad.
I have an appointment with my doctor to get a referal for next steps.