Back & Neck Community

Welcome to the Back and Neck Community! Please Read Before Posting.

Welcome to the Back and Neck Community!  You have accessed this site because you are probably experiencing symptoms, such as pain, that may be related to possible abnormal conditions of the spine.  Members are here to provide assistance and support for you as you post questions regarding concerns you may have regarding your medical condition, treatment and rehabilitation.  We are not doctors.  Any advice given should not be acted on until cleared by your primary physician and/or spine specialist.  We do not diagnose, and any advice given is based primarily on personal experiences.

Here are some helpful hints to navigate the forum to the best advantage.

POST A QUESTION:  Use the green tab at the top of the forum to initiate a new question and or topic that you wish to explore. Questions will be answered by the members based on their familiarity with the topic and whether their personal experiences may provide some help to you in coping with your present conditions. If you require more detailed and specific information, please post on the "Ask A Doctor" forums and one of the medical doctors will assist you as appropriate.   PLEASE NOTE;  Questions posted previously are dated according to when they were posted.  If the date is not current, please don't post a question at the end of the thread.  You may not be answered, as older posts will be archived and are not active.  Post a new question to initiate a new and active thread.

VIEW COMMUNITY ARCHIVES;  You may use this option to view questions posted previously by other members.  You may find additional information that will help you to clarify your situation and help you in formatting your questions.

HEALTH TOPICS: Located at the top of the page, use this option to investigate any other issues that may interest you. They can be related to your current problems or just topics that you would like to investigate.  There are many different subjects that can assist you in managing your medical care.

FORUMS;  Used to access other forums on the MedHelp site.  You may want to become involved in other forums if you are dealing with several health issues or any topic that is beyond the scope of this community.

HEALTH PAGES;  Located on the right side of the forum home page, this is a collection of health topics that address issues related to the diagnosis and treatment of topics interest to many individuals dealing with pain and its affects.
Browse through and gain some insight!

TRACKERS AND CALCULATORS;  These tools are made available for use in monitoring moods, pain levels, etc.
These are often helpful when explaining to your physicians the extent and severity of your symptoms.

MEMBERS;  Connect with other members of the forum for a more interpersonal relationship.  Communicate by sending notes or private messages and share your experiences and learn aspects of their treatment that might be mutually beneficial.

MY MedHelp:  Update your personal profile, make journal entries and keep reminders regarding important events.

This forum functions as a means of learning more about your medical condition, obtaining updates on new and advanced treatment options and communicating with individuals sharing similar experiences.

We hope that you find the forum helpful and that you achieve optimal health and well-being.

Kittyluv1
Community Leader

I am having pain, been diagnosed with a c joint inpinchment by an MRI test. I was referred to an Ortho Dr. who says I only have Brusitis? I am confused he is sending me for therapy and I can hardle move my arm forward at times especially with weights. I hope someone has a third party input!! Thanks
I have already had 10 various injections for pain relief and am due to have 6 more soon 4 x facet joints L4/5 L5/S1 and Pars L5 and Coccyx + mua.

I had a bone scan in summer 2008 which showed non union of the pars defect and no activity within the bone, so basically it wont heal, what is the prognonsis long term for this?  Just wondering if anyone can help me?  In a lot of pain, for which I have butrans transdermal patch 20microgram/hour which sometimes is just not enough.

Many thanks
im a 26 yr old woman. i just got my results back from the doc. about my MRI saying that i have Schmorl's node endplate erosions in my T7, T8, T9, and T10. what can i do to stop all the pain that i have. i have had pain for 4 yrs and have been to PT, for 3 yrs. i have a tens unit, that i use twice a day. i have had no pain relief it seems that the pain is just getting worse. i have also been to massage therapy. what do i need to ask my doctor to do for me?  im thinking the only thing left is pain management is this the only thing left for me to try?  

Thank you,
Jaylee
It's me again, just wanted to see what anyone with past experience with my type of symptoms that include: upper and lower back pain and being woken up 3-4 times per night with left thigh numbness and a feeling like my leg is on fire.  It's now started on my right knee.  Now when ever I sit for more than 10 minutes and then try to walk, I feel like something's torn behind my knee.  I limp around like i'm 90 or something.  The MRI of my knee was totally normal so it has to be the same pinched nerve thats causing the problem.  The MRI results of my cervical spine were as follows: C3-4, minimal disc space narrowing with a small disc protrusion somewhat eccentric to the right of midline. C4-5, mild disk narrowing. there is a small annular fissure at midline.  C5-6, Mild disc narrowing.  There was a disc protursion on the left of midline which causes mild canal stenosis and impinges on the left hemicord. There is also left foraminal stenosis. The radiologists impression was: Degenerative changes in the cervical spine.  The most significant finding is at C5-6 where a disc protrusion causes mild canal stenosis and impinges on the left hemicord.  The lumbar spine showed mild formaminal stenosis at L4-5 and L5-S1.  Overall impression was degenerative changes in the lower lumbar spine resulting in mild bilateral foraminal stenosis at L4-5 and L5-S1.  I know it would probably take a radiologist to decipher all this for me, but has anyone delt with similiar MRI results and what did they do to treat you.  The study may say mild stenosis and mild disk protrusion but it feels a hell of a lot worse.  Plus the numbness and burning thigh thing is driving men nuts.  thanks everyone for listening.
LOL, just noticed I said my burning thigh is driving men nuts.  I meant to say driving me nuts.  I'm a little red faced!!
hey guys just lookin to c if anyone can help. for past year my back has hurt more and more and i it starts at my waist down both my legs usually the left more but its a sever stabing pain my foot will go numb alot and i havent stood up straight since it started. my real prob is pain medicens do work and it helps me walk alot longer before i feel like im gonna get sick. but after about a week or so the meds dont seem to do anything..im takin vicoden and muscle relaxers. cycobenziprine i think,  i didnt know if anyone had same kinda issue.