Abnormal Period on Contraceptive Pill

Hi I am 20 years old and have been on the pill since I was 16. I usually get my period on the 3rd inactive pill and this month it came on time only it was extremely light and stopped altogether after three hours. It stopped completely for 18 hours then I started bleeding lightly on/off kind of like spotting at the end of a period. I can't entirely remember if I took a pill late this month but I didn't miss any and I am sexually active - the pill is the only contraceptive my boyfriend and I use. I haven't been overly stressed, lost or gained weight, changed medications, been sick or anything that would cause this to happen. Could I be pregnant? Should I go to a doctor?
Sometimes the pill just does this for no explicable reason.  I've had the odd spotting period here or there every once in a great while.  All I'd suggest is take a home test to calm your mind then carry on.
I've been on the pill just over 5 years, if you're wondering that.
The pill has a tendency to change the appearance, consistency,and timing of a period. Therefore I wouldn't worry about it.

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community