Birth Control (Contraception) Forum

Depo Provera

Hi I'm 17 and I was wondering if its normal to be back on your regular periods and not be able conceive for a while, how long will it possibly take to conceive after my periods come back ?
* I started depo in June of last year, just one dose and never for another one again and started having a regular period by December although I was heavily spotting for two straight weeks on November:/
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the effects of depo provera can last for up to 18 months.  It is unusual for the effects to persist so long after just one injection, and I would be inclined to do some hormone testing if my own patient was not having regular cycles within 6 months or so.
Once your regular cycles resume, your fertility is back to baseline.
Good luck!
Dr B