Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

inquiring

Hi,
I took the mirena our in September 2012. Me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex since October 2012. I keep showing signs of pregnancy but every month my period comes on and on schedule give or take a day. I have took numerous pregnancy test, all coming back negative. I am wondering if I could still be pregnant and it not show up, if not how long will the medicine in the birth control stay in my body?
Read more
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Follow
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
603463 tn?1220630455
Hi!
Unless I misunderstood your question, you are having a regular monthly period.  That is a good sign that the medication is no longer affecting you.
It is also a good sign that you are ovulating and should be able to get pregnant.  If you have tried for more than a year without success you should see your doctor about investigating why.  You probably just need a bit more time.  Also, a good rule of thumb to save you some money is not to test unless your period is late.
Good luck!
Dr B
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A