Breast Cancer Forum

PAINFUL LUMP IN LEFT BREAST

I HAVE BEEN REALLY WORRIED...I AM 28 YRS. OLD WITH 5 KIDS...I STARTED HAVING BREAST PROBLEMS AFTER HAVING MY LAST BABY 3YRS AGO...I STARTED WITH PAIN IN ONE SPOT ON THE LEFT BREAST..AND THEN ON THE SIDE OF MY RIGHT BREAST...NOW FOR A MONTH NOW....I FOUND A PAINFUL LUMP ON MY LEFT BREAST UNDER THE NIPPLE..DO I HAVE BREAST CANCER!!
Dear levaeh:  Without evaluation, it is impossible to speculate on what this might be.  The general rule of thumb is that a new lump should be evaluated.  There are many possible explanations for lumps.  Most breast cancer is not painful.
hon, you should go see a doctor.  i understand your fear, i'm going for a biopsy on friday.  i'm really new to all of this, just started a couple days ago on this site.  unfortunately, no one can tell you what the problem is except a doc.  i tried it myself in my post. the hardest thing is not knowing, having to wait and being afraid.  you'll not get the peace of mind you need unless you find out what the cause is.  i hope this helps, i know how bad the fear can be.  i wished i could be of more help to you....  
oops, sorry...i thought i was in the support forum, not the ask the doc forum. levaeh, i'm sure a doctor will address your question soon.......
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.