Breast Cancer Community

Small lump on Chest

Hi, about 2 months ago i found a small (pea shaped) lump appros' 2 inches south of my left nipple. It is under the skin and not visible. It is only noticable by touch.

- In the 2 months it has not increased in size.
- It does not hurt but i am aware when pressure is being put on it.
- It appears to be able to move under the skin within a circumference of  about 1 cm from its initial position. (So i am not sure if it is attatched or lose)

I have had similar sized lumps in the past, in my armpit but they were protruding from the surface and they seemed to be blocked sweat glands and went away after a week or so.

Should i be concerned?
Adam
It is very difficult to tell what this lump could be without clinical examination.
You don't state your age,but hormonal changes in teenagers may result in the feeling of a lump under the areolar in one or both breasts (gynecomastia). This can occur in both teenagers and young men too and it's expected to resolve in a few months in the majority of males.
Depending on your age, cancer is highly unlikely, male breast cancer is extremely rare until later middle age at the earliest.
However,a lump may also occur due to endocrine diseases, or the intake of any kind of supplements or medications that may affect your hormone levels.
I would advise you to seek medical consultation to exclude any serious causes.
Best wishes..
Thanks Zouzi.

I am a 23 year old active male. Though slightly overweight.

I have recently been taking suplements in the form of whey protein, fat burners and metabolisers...as i am trying to cut weight and increase muscle for a competative fight. But nothing that i am aware that should affect hormone levels.

Thanks for your help, i am on my way out to see the doctor now.

Thanks again
Adam
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.