Breast Cancer Forum

White lump on nipple starting to itch

3 days ago I notice a white lump near the middle of my nipple.  I went in on Monday to see my doctor and she was not concerned because my breast does not hurt very often and at the time it was not itchy.  Today, it has been itchy and I have started to notice pain with certain movements.
Should I be concerned?
My doctor thought that it should "burst" within a few days.  If it hasn't done so within 2 weeks should I go back to the doctor?
My family on my father's side has a history of all forms of cancer so that is why I ask.
Thank you.
Dear nlvgirl:  Skin on the breast and nipple is like skin anywhere else on the body and is subject to a variety of abnormalities including simple things like a pimple. Given that your physician told you it should burst, it may be that this is what the
get it checked out by ur dr.
A related discussion, breast nodule was started.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.