Breast Cancer Forum

breast infection has not cleared.......

Hi!  I wrote once before but still have questions.  I have been placed on a number of antiotic treatments and my breasts are not getting any better.  Only worse.  I can feel under the nipple of both breasts a hard lump (don't know if it belongs there or not)  Last time my doc. (gyno/obs) checked he did not feel any lumps.  I realized when I press on these I get fluid coming out.  The left breast has a dark green fluid (staff) and the right has the same along with what seems to be a yellow thick discharge(looks like puss in a wound).  two different substances from one breast.  On the right breast I now have some bruising and bruise like lines (small)  When I check breast's after shower they are somewhat stimulated by the cold.  This is when I can see white spots under the breast. They are very small and in lines approx. 2cm. all over the breasts. When I swipe my hand across this some are indented and others are raised. It seems like hundreds of them. I go tomorrow for my mamo/ultasound, but, I would like your opinion on this. Does this sound like an infection that just won't clear, or, are there any cases of something simialar to this that indicate cancer???I would appreciate any information that you can give me.  I want to be prepared and at this point I "believe" it is just an infection.  Please let me know if there are any cancers that follow these symtoms fo I am better prepared for my 'news'...Thanks in advance. This site is just a wonderful thing...God bless you for having it....

Dahrma
Dear Dahrma:  Many women have some type of nipple discharge or fluid when their breasts are squeezed, and its normal. Squeezing the nipple sends message to the brain and the pituitary gland responds by increasing prolactin levels, which in turn produces discharge from the nipple. The discharge can come in a variety of colors - gray, green and brown as well as white. Some women are more prone to more discharge including women on; birth control pills, certain blood pressure medications or on major tranquilizers. These medications increase prolactin levels in the body. There is also certain life periods when a person is more likely to get discharge than others: there may be more discharge at puberty and at menopause than the years in-between. The time to worry about nipple discharge is when it
Looks as though we cannot leave anymore comments on my other post. I wanted to share something with you. (this is in answer to your question about anti-depressents.) About 5 years ago I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis.  This is a muscle disease.  I went a long time before I was properly diagnosed. To the point of total paralysation at some points. I went to many doc's and was told I was crazy..(long story short) By the time I was diagnosed I could barely swallow or breathe. I was consederd critical, althouh, still able to just start meds and I had to live with my parents for three months along with my two boy's.(was afraid of losing them)  I was put on Prednisone.  It bagan to work and I started feeling better(also on some other med made for myasthenic patients) Anyway, the prednisone (side effects) were horrible.  I became EXTREMELY angry and didn't know why. My doc put me on something that would counteract the effects of the prednisone. Now I became extrmely depressed. (something to do with the neorons being coated) I then went on anti-deppressents. This helped immensely. I wanted to share this with you because I think at this time in your life you should do ANYTHING that could help you out some.  Just remember it's just for NOW.  Not forever.  And, it is nothing to be ashamed of to get a little help in your time of need.  These med's saved my life.  I am now off most of those med's, by choice, I chose to stay on the ant-depressant.  I know you don't lay in bed every day.  But I'm sure you want to just as anyone would want to with what your going through.  These help to motivate.  you actually WANT to get up and go.  You WANT to fight for everytning. This is just my opinion.  I saw other opinions that said not to bother with these pills.  I think they are a god send. It might help to counteract the pills that your on right now.  If I were you I would ask my doc.  Some things are litterally chamical reactions from other med's and others are because of what we are going through.  obviously at this point you know how much I care for you otherwise I would not be sharing this!!!!  We all do!!  Please get informed.  Find out the CHEMICAL reactions to the med's your on. It might not be your life but an imbalance from the med's (of course, I'm sure also with what your going through)God bless. Hope to hear from you soon.

Dahrma
Hey:

Good luck tomorrow!!!! Found your note on previous thread, we sure do fill these up.....but its wonderful..........

Please keep us posted.....and you are in my prayers!!!!!  ;o)
You are an ANGEL, I think it is extremely normal considering the circumstances of what you are going throuhg, you are a STRONG beautiful woman.........see a doctor if you'd like, even if its for a little while...............oh you are in my prayers..........everone is!!!!
Dharma, I'm sorry that your situation seems to be getting worse. Please let us know how your Dr. visit goes tomorrow. You must be scared.

You posted to me before under 'breast burning'. I tried the hot pack and it didn't produce any symptoms like yours. My breast feels heavy in that one area, if that makes sense.  It is still tender and I cannot be sure if I feel any lump or not. I am aware of it almost all the time. Still, I have to wait until I start my P. whenever that may be after my ovary removal surgery.  Ugh!  I hate to wait.

Good luck at the doctor tomorrow.  Will be thinking about you.
Lori
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.