Breast Cancer Community

breast lump

Breast has hurt for a day or so. Feels like a bruise. I'm not sure if its something I should worry about. It feels bigger/harder around nipple. Should I be concerned? / get it checked out ?
Hi.

How old are you now?

First of all, and to get it out of the way, even though some people with breast cancer do experience some form of pain, breast pain is not a common symptom of a breast malignancy. Most often than not, breast tenderness is secondary to hormonal changes, especially during menstruation, pregnancy, puberty, breast feeding and near menopause.

Other common causes of breast pain fibrocystic breast changes, injuries, mastitis, and premenstrual syndrome.

You could opt to observe your symptoms for the time being if you can tolerate the pain. If not, you should have yourself checked by a physician.

Hope this helps.
In brief, pain in your breast of 1 day duration along with some hard mass/bruise around nipple should not make you nervous.
Just relax about it.
Probably these could be related to the hormonal changes that occurs normally. Most young females do experience similarly.
You just observe your self for a month or so .
If still persists then make an attempt to visit your  doctor.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.